• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    For me Mega pokemon reduce my hype for Pokemon X and Y I feel forced to have a Mega pokemon in my team now and also it seems most of the evolution and pre-evolution will never happen because they will just put a Mega on it and call it a day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I like Mega Pokemon, is a much needed new battle mechanic. We still don't know enough about them to hate them I think. If after the game arrives we find out this new thing is game breaking then ok I hate it, but until then I put my trust on Gamefreak.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2013
    I also think that the whole "Mega" aspect of it isn't necessarily a good idea, I mean, it's a nice and fresh way to spice things up, but as for me, I'm content with the battles style we already have.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Haters will hate. I kinda wish they changed Mewtwo a long time ago, but I will pass opinion when I actually play the game

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • There are a lot of reasons to hate the new pokemon games. A new "girly" type, requiring people to buy 3DS's, and blasphemously redefining "evolution" to something digimonish.

But more than ever, the frequently-used reason to hate pokemon "that it's always the same" no longer stands. We have change! :)

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
    Years
  • Many people didn't like 3D games in the past, mainly because they were slow on account of the move animations. I don't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if smarks hate the jump to 3D.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • I freaking hate Fairy already because Game Freak doesn't seem to know very much about fairies in general. It could make an amazing type edition, but not if every single Fairy type is pink, cute, big-eyed and sparkly.

Fairies aren't about glamour and cuteness, they're about trickery and folklore. If Game Freak doesn't create any real fairy Pokémon, I'm going to avoid catching one. That one in the flower is a step in the right direction, I must admit. It could actually be a fairy.

Mega evolutions just seem forced. I don't want a super saiyan Lucario, I just want a Lucario. You don't have it make it red. I like him the way he already is.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • This whole idea of a "fresh new start" is nonexistent. That was claimed during the last (worst) generation, and now people are claiming that here? Okay, so what does this gen give us?

-Digivolution Mega Evolution
    -Cotton Candy
    -Fairies! (That is, pink, girly Disney fairies, not the more interesting mythical creatures)
    -A supposed "stronger" Mewtwo that somehow looks weaker
    -Yet another purely evil team with no real motive besides being evil
    -3D! (That is, terrible, lifeless 3D that wouldn't even look presentable on the N64)
    -You gotta buy a 3DS! Which has so many great games, like... umm... an incomplete mess of a Mario Kart game, or... uhh... a pitifully easy Mario game, or... umm... uhh......

I swear, this is shaping up to be even worse than generation 5.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Save for Xerneas, all the fairy pokémon are just tinkerbell-esque fairy types. One of them being cotton candy really does not help as well. In my opinion that's as stupid as the upside-down pokéball.

I am quite mixed on the Mega Evolutions, it felt rather shocking when I first saw it, but it could be a decent change of pace. The designs are disappointing, most of them just have random spikes and markings all over them and they feel less natural than any Digivultion (yup, I'm going to that extreme).

Everything else I'm ok with, however this generation probably won't be one of my favourites from how it's shaping up.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • Save for Xerneas, all the fairy pokémon are just tinkerbell-esque fairy types. One of them being cotton candy really does not help as well. In my opinion that's as stupid as the upside-down pokéball.

Remember that some past pokemon have changed to fairy. I do agree that of the new fairy pokemon only dedenne and xerneas stray from the modern appearance of fairies.

Generic Fairy Type
    Jigglypuff
    Flabebe
    Spritzee
    Swirlix
    Sylveon

More Original Fairy Type
    Dedenne
    Marill
    Gardevoir
    Mawile
    Xerneas

I'm not a fan of mega evolutions of already powerful pokemon. It could have been a great concept for weaker pokemon that they didn't want to introduce an evolution for.

Bad Mega Evolutions
    Mewtwo
    Ampharos
    Blaziken
    Lucario

Good Mega Evolutions
    Mawile
    Absol
    Kangaskhan

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • There isn't anything that I dislike about the newer generation yet. The minute the September CoroCoro was leaked with hardly any information translated, I was skeptical about the Mega evolutions since I was both stunned and confused. As time progressed and information was shown I grew an interest and accepted them. Who cares if it's SSJ Pokemon or Digi-whatever? It's something new and optional.

My views might be different than others, since I'm a competitive player rather than a casual player & that I always look at things positively, and think how much better newer mechanics can be and just stay optimistic with them rather than complaining and never accepting change. Disappointments and pessimistic expectations are usually seen through every generation, but in the end they are just opinions. To each their own.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • "Hate for New Generation 6?"

None whatsoever. =)

Same here.

All I have for the new Gen is tons and tons of... curiosity. How will the new type blend in? How well will the 5 vs 1 battles play? How will the new 3D environment impact the movements on the overworld (so far we've seen the character swinging on vines, I wonder what else he's doing...) ? How will MegaEvolutions impact balance? Finally, how many Pokémon will we be able to catch?

I think I won't be able to answer these questions for myself until I play X/Y. As of now, I'm pumped up for its release even more than I was for Gold/Silver ten years ago.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • I'm just like running down the posts and liking everything negetive about those darned fairies!

I have a bad feeling about this generation. They're going to overeggerate everything and build up our excitement with all of these leaks and commercials. Then, they're going to let us fall and drop when the games come out.

Because I swear, if Team Flare sucks and the rivals are goody-goody friends I will scream I TOLD YOU SO at the top of my lungs.

But I'm buying it anyways. Even if the games suck, I'll still like it for what it is. Generation 5 was a big disappointment, but I still enjoy it because the Pokemon (although poorly designed) are pretty decent and the characters are hiliarious to make fun of.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • No hate for gen 6 even though I'm still a little skeptical about the megavolves every thing else seems fine I just hope fairy types don't look too cheesy

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • This thread is painful to read and it's the embodiment of why I hate Pokemon fans.

That being said, it's pretty stupid to hate an entire generation and people should feel bad for being that stupid especially if that hatred is directed towards games that haven't even come out yet. Personally, I rather enjoy the steady stream of info that's been released over the last few months. It's a lot more than what's been released before previous games came out, but I'll bet my kidney that they're doing it because it's going to be a worldwide release. It's not like how it usually is, where Japan gets the games first and we get all of the information sans localization stuff at once while still waiting for our copies.

The actual aesthetics of the game are "So what?" at worst and don't warrant actual hate. Let's take the Fairy type, for instance. It was introduced to keep Dragons in check because - surprise! - Dragons are wicked strong. Keeping the mentality that Dragon types are strong because Dragon type is special because they're dragons is very childish. Bringing in something to knock them down a peg and help even the playing field is a great idea because Pokemon's got a huge competitive scene that needs some major balancing. Player-enforced rules will only go so far. And who cares if they decided to call it FAIRY? Fairy types are reminiscent of different kinds of fairies, kind of like how Dragon types are reminiscent of different kinds of dragons. Saying that Fairy type is stupid because of the name is like saying that Dragon type is stupid for the same reason.

Hating on designs is just as stupid because Pokemon can be based off of literally anything. Off the top of my head there have been sentient rocks, orbs, bats, reindeer, whatever Machop is, seeds, piles of slime, flowers, balls of gas, piles of lava, birds with multiple heads, magnets, and electricity. Saying that Pokemon designs are "getting" dumb is, in itself, dumb because they've been pretty consistent.

But guess what?

Spoiler:

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    my and only complaint is just mega name, it just sounds and feel lazy, it like gf said forget creavity, if they change the names, then ill be happy, so far im loving the mega froms and all the other features gf as added

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • This thread is painful to read and it's the embodiment of why I hate Pokemon fans.

Touche. I'm sick of all the white-knighting sheeple who blindly love and accept everything GF churns out.

And who cares if they decided to call it FAIRY? Fairy types are reminiscent of different kinds of fairies, kind of like how Dragon types are reminiscent of different kinds of dragons. Saying that Fairy type is stupid because of the name is like saying that Dragon type is stupid for the same reason

Yes, different kinds of fairies. But most of them are of the over-saccharine pink sparkly puffball variant. Gardevoir, for one example, was a terrible choice of a Pokemon to tack the Fairy type onto. Just because it looks feminine doesn't mean it's a fairy. That's like saying, "Arcanine looks masculine because it has a beard. It needs to be a Fighting-type because Fighting is a masculine type".

The type is stupid because of the name, because it has nothing to do with fairies. You know, the beings from various mythologies? I'm pretty sure that there weren't any ancient mythologies that included sparkly "KAWAII DESU NE UGUU" pink abominations.

Xerneas is the only exception. And he's neither a sparkly pink thing, nor a proper mythological fairy.
    He's a rainbow deer.

Dragon-types are fine because they actually look like dragons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back