• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
  • I'm just sharing my opinion with the forums is all. Negative or positive, a reasonable member will respect it U.U

I don't even hate the game because I can't hate the game because I can't even play the game. I just hate Fairy types.

I do, however, predict that this generation isn't going to be as good as it seems. However, let's all pray it will be! And I hate Generation 5 because of the storyline and how strightforward and easy it is.

(Take that Arlo :P)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm just sharing my opinion with the forums is all. Negative or positive, a reasonable member will respect it U.U

I don't even hate the game because I can't hate the game because I can't even play the game. I just hate Fairy types.

I do, however, predict that this generation isn't going to be as good as it seems. However, let's all pray it will be! And I hate Generation 5 because of the storyline and how strightforward and easy it is.

(Take that Arlo :P)
    I don't think you're a hater. Everyone has things they don't like and we're allowed to say so. Personally I enjoy everything so far. I pray that the plot is good despite the apparent goal down grade.

@ Arlo. I was reading that mush up of words and started with the end and ended up going backwards. When I got to the Water and Trumpets I couldn't help but laugh, it brought back memories...and all those reason sound horrible to say one hates the game...maybe dislike it...well the Trashbag and Ice cream cone maybe more understandable if those were the only Pokémon of that generation but they weren't...again I wish people would look at the whole picture...

*Icecold*

Years
  • I don't think you're a hater. Everyone has things they don't like and we're allowed to say so. Personally I enjoy everything so far. I pray that the plot is good despite the apparent goal down grade.

@ Arlo. I was reading that mush up of words and started with the end and ended up going backwards. When I got to the Water and Trumpets I couldn't help but laugh, it brought back memories...and all those reason sound horrible to say one hates the game...maybe dislike it...well the Trashbag and Ice cream cone maybe more understandable if those were the only Pokémon of that generation but they weren't...again I wish people would look at the whole picture...

Thank you :3 I'll have to wait to be a hater...

And although I dislike the 5th generation, I like Vannilite/Vanniluxe and Garbodor's designs. They're colorful and original for being based off of inanimate objects. However, if you want a badly designed Pokemon look at Klink.

But I might as well say some things I do like about Kalos so far. The Pokeamie thingamajig is acutally going to have an effect on the Pokemon in battling, not just to spruce it up with fancy ribbons and achievements. (Although those are still pretty patties in eveyr which way.)

Many of the Pokemon's designs look pretty interesting. I like how this generation's bunny Pokemon isn't so.... you know. It actually looks like a real life rabbit and not some exaggerated.... yeah, I'll stop talking. Gym leaders look interesting, like the professor so far (Sycamore!!), legendaries are really cool and the fact that it looks like AC:NL with the improved sprites and graphics is awesome. And who would say no to customization? I can have a dark skinned protagonist! I've wanted to be black since the games came out! ^^

Years
  • It seems with every new generation, people have their fears that it will be a disaster. Then after the generation they look back and realize, wow it was pretty awesome

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • It's called change, some people accept it, others don't. Which is silly because if pokemon was the same thing over and over agin it would take out the fun. A lot of people have been complaining for 4 generations about no new types and now fairy types are released and everybody starts complaining about it being "stupid" and such. Oh and it hasn't been confirmed that team flare's ONLY goal is money. It could be like Ghetsis lying all over again.
    However...
    I DISAGREE!(okay I couldn't resist)

*Icecold*

Years
  • It's called change, some people accept it, others don't. Which is silly because if pokemon was the same thing over and over agin it would take out the fun. A lot of people have been complaining for 4 generations about no new types and now fairy types are released and everybody starts complaining about it being "stupid" and such. Oh and it hasn't been confirmed that team flare's ONLY goal is money. It could be like Ghetsis lying all over again.
    However...
    I DISAGREE!(okay I couldn't resist)

I'm okay with change. What I'm not okay is when they try to change and the attempt falls flat. Like how Gen 5 tried to have an edgy storyline with epic characters. But let's not talk about that...

And I hate Fairy types because they have sooo much potential but they're only giving the typing to cutesy Pokémon like that Pikachu rip-off (not that I have problems with Pikachu rip-offs) and Marill of all things decent.

Okay I'm just repeating myself over and over again. Let's just say I'm fine with change.

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
    Years
    • Age 26
    • she/her
    • Sinnoh
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    I just don't like it because it's being rendered in Unreal. And not only that, the graphics look like they're from MySims or something. Though I am still excited about Gen VI, and ponder it's hacking vulnerabilities. :)

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • This whole idea of a "fresh new start" is nonexistent. That was claimed during the last (worst) generation, and now people are claiming that here? Okay, so what does this gen give us?

-Digivolution Mega Evolution
    -Cotton Candy
    -Fairies! (That is, pink, girly Disney fairies, not the more interesting mythical creatures)
    -A supposed "stronger" Mewtwo that somehow looks weaker
    -Yet another purely evil team with no real motive besides being evil
    -3D! (That is, terrible, lifeless 3D that wouldn't even look presentable on the N64)
    -You gotta buy a 3DS! Which has so many great games, like... umm... an incomplete mess of a Mario Kart game, or... uhh... a pitifully easy Mario game, or... umm... uhh......

I swear, this is shaping up to be even worse than generation 5.

Since when do other 3DS games have anything to do if Pokemon X and Y are good or not? The 3D is the same as Animal crossing new leaf(an awesome game on the 3DS) and did anyone complain about AC? Nope. But this? Yep.

*Icecold*

Years
  • Since when do other 3DS games have anything to do if Pokemon X and Y are good or not? The 3D is the same as Animal crossing new leaf(an awesome game on the 3DS) and did anyone complain about AC? Nope. But this? Yep.

That's not what he's trying to say... He's trying to say that if you don't already have a 3DS, in his opinion it won't be worth it because a lot of the 3DS games stink. If X and Y isn't as good as it seems and it's the only reason you buy a 3DS, he's saying it will be a total waste of money.

And it's only your opinion that AC:NL was awesome. Just because one game that you liked on that system was nice doesn't automatically make his opinion awful. (I liked the game too, but it seems that what your saying is that one game made the whole system look amazing.)

And I agree, the Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land games were pretty bad. And don't forget Pokémon Rumble and Nintendogs.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    That's not what he's trying to say... He's trying to say that if you don't already have a 3DS, in his opinion it won't be worth it because a lot of the 3DS games stink. If X and Y isn't as good as it seems and it's the only reason you buy a 3DS, he's saying it will be a total waste of money.

And it's only your opinion that AC:NL was awesome. Just because one game that you liked on that system was nice doesn't automatically make his opinion awful. (I liked the game too, but it seems that what your saying is that one game made the whole system look amazing.)

And I agree, the Mario Kart and Mario 3D Land games were pretty bad. And don't forget Pokémon Rumble and Nintendogs.

Funny thing about opinions , when a lot of people have the same one it tends to become fact
    In regards to AC:NL this is from Wikipedia

The game itself has received overwhelmingly positive reviews. The Japanese version of the game received a 39/40 from Japanese magazine Famitsu, earning the publication's Platinum Award,[50] while the English version received an 8.0/10 from GameSpot, and a 9.6/10 from IGN.[59][60] The game also scored an 88/100 on Metacritic indicating "generally favorable reviews".[8] Many critics seem to agree that the game's visuals are great, and that the game has enough new content to keep both new and veteran players excited.

The game debuted in Japan with sales of just over 800,000 units sold with 200,000 of them being digital.[61][62]Animal Crossing: New Leaf became the first 3DS game in Japan to pass 2 million units sold, doing so in just under 2 months.[63] As of 31 March 2013 the game has sold 3.86 million copies in Korea and Japan.[64]

So in conclusion if someone were to say this is the best game ever that would be an opinion , if someone were to say that this game is awesome, well that would be fact since awesome is not a measurable unit and is determine by what people think , so by the response the game has had .....yes it is indeed awesome

And since its the job of the game to really sell the system , I can totally see one game making a system worth playing, now was ACNL that game? Well not for me but for some people it is. And I truly believe that the main series pokemon games that will be on the 3ds will be the games to make buying a 3ds worth it even if its just playing those games .

Did anyone here have a ps2? I didn't I had $200-$300 kingdom hearts playing machine lol ( get the point?)

Last edited:

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • That's not what he's trying to say... He's trying to say that if you don't already have a 3DS, in his opinion it won't be worth it because a lot of the 3DS games stink. If X and Y isn't as good as it seems and it's the only reason you buy a 3DS, he's saying it will be a total waste of money.

Nintendogs IMO is more of a mini-game, not like an actual game.(you know what I mean? All you do is walk dogs, contests.) I agree on the mario kart one but I haven't played the other one.(I only have 2 Mario games anyway) He should have worded it better IMO. Oh and I never said AC:NL made the 3DS amazing all I said was an example of a good 3ds game. And you can play older regular DS games on the 3DS.

Last edited:

*Icecold*

Years
  • Funny thing about opinions , when a lot of people have the same one it tends to become fact

Just because a lot of people say the game is good doesn't mean that everyone thinks it's good though. There could be one person that prefers a different game over ACNL.

And is why are we even talking about videogame systems? Who gives a? This is a Pokémon forum where we talk about Pokémon.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    If its bad. I will hate it. But fortunately I don't think it's bad and I hope it's what all the hype says it is.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • I got a hopscotch theory for the legendary trio in this game. Evil creatures from fairy tales(folklore) and myths. They'll all be dual typed fairy and something else. Stupid I know, but just a guess.

Years
  • I don't see how anyone can hate the game yet their is literally nothing to backlash at yet. I'd understand if they played it and didn't like it but before you try it you shouldn't judge really.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Just because a lot of people say the game is good doesn't mean that everyone thinks it's good though. There could be one person that prefers a different game over ACNL.

And is why are we even talking about videogame systems? Who gives a? This is a Pokémon forum where we talk about Pokémon.

Well I was rebutting your argument so you kinda did. But this form is about why their is hate for gen 6 and the fact that its on the 3ds seems to be a reason so that's why I commented on it , but I see your point .

I think after the game convention and we get new info and they announce that the demo will be released on the eshop and people actually play them, most of the hate will disappear

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I'm surprised people were so mad at the fairy type. I mean sure, most people thought light type would've been a good move or what not. But let's face it... we already had fairy-like pokemon so it made sense to do it that way

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm surprised people were so mad at the fairy type. I mean sure, most people thought light type would've been a good move or what not. But let's face it... we already had fairy-like pokemon so it made sense to do it that way

I think because they were the ones that said they absolutely knew that GameFreak wouldn't make another type, it would never be done. Maybe they're just upset they were wrong and are taking it out on the new type

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back