• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I don't hate it but I also find the Mega tag lazy. They could added a different suffix...like Knight to all of their names...MewtwoKnight, BlazikenKnight. Or made a unique one for each one.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Touche. I'm sick of all the white-knighting sheeple who blindly love and accept everything GF churns out.

Yes, different kinds of fairies. But most of them are of the over-saccharine pink sparkly puffball variant. Gardevoir, for one example, was a terrible choice of a Pokemon to tack the Fairy type onto. Just because it looks feminine doesn't mean it's a fairy. That's like saying, "Arcanine looks masculine because it has a beard. It needs to be a Fighting-type because Fighting is a masculine type".

The type is stupid because of the name, because it has nothing to do with fairies. You know, the beings from various mythologies? I'm pretty sure that there weren't any ancient mythologies that included sparkly "KAWAII DESU NE UGUU" pink abominations.

Xerneas is the only exception. And he's neither a sparkly pink thing, nor a proper mythological fairy.
    He's a rainbow deer.

Dragon-types are fine because they actually look like dragons.

Aaaaaand that's when you lost me. I love the fairy type, and I LOVE that they're all small and pink cute animals that can take on dragons .
    To be honest I personally feel that it should've been introduced earlier.

So far I love everything about gen 6 .
    But that's just me. For some reason I don't get angry when a pokemon doesn't get a new evolution. I love that my rivals are just homies from my hood.

And we have to remember out of all the countries and culture that has been with pokemon , Japan's been down with it since the beginning . I mean yes pokemon is popular all over the world but not like it is in Japan . So even tho the world was hype with pokemon , the world as a whole lost interest. So Game freak catering to the japanese market is a good plan. Because of in 20 years pokemon popularity drops , while the world is on to the next thing I guarantee that Japan will be poke crazy .

So my thing is if the japanese want cute pink things I see no reason why GF wouldn't give it to them.
    Maybe if the U.S would have the market to have a pokecenter in every state maybe they will listen to us. Lets face it the community is liking pokemon a lot more then they did years ago

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • PROS:
    ~Fairy-type! Yes, this is a pro in my opinion! I can't wait to see how this influences battle!
    ~Horde battles! This will shake up grinding!
    ~PSS! I'm especially excited for the Wonder-Trade feature! Sounds fun!
    ~Mega Pokemon! My first reaction was shock and a bit of hate, but then I realized it's a really awesome concept. Hoping for Mega Smeargle!
    ~Graphics. Need I say anything more?
    ~Pokemon Amie! YESSS!
    ~Super Training. This'll be sooo helpful in the long run.

CONS:
    ~Team Flare. I hate that they're limiting the evil pokemon to a fire-type theme. Froakie choosers will just breeze through them. I also hate their motives and designs. Team Flare, imo, looks terrible!
    ~Plot. It looks like the plot has taken a giant step backwards from Gen V.
    ~Sky Battles. Why do we need these again? They're just normal battles from the looks of it, but utilizing special camera angles.
    ~Pokemon STILL don't walk with you. That was my fav. feature in HG/SS.

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. Looking forwards to Gen VI!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • The type is stupid because of the name, because it has nothing to do with fairies. You know, the beings from various mythologies? I'm pretty sure that there weren't any ancient mythologies that included sparkly "KAWAII DESU NE UGUU" pink abominations.

>Ancient mythology
    >Fairies

There's the problem right there. I really want to make a connection to fairy tales, where the dragon is a big evil beast that's slain by a hero with magical equipment, but there's no real connection to fairies there so I'll go for the next closest match: The Japanese fantasy genre.

There are tons of fairies of all kinds in Japanese fantasy. Hell, fairy companions are extremely popular and almost none of them look like Tinkerbell. Let's look at some. Warning: Image-heavy spoiler.

Spoiler:

Etc. etc. etc. etc. Do you get my point? The games are made in Japan so the idea of fairies would be styled after kid-friendly fairies in Japanese culture. Hell, you should be arguing in favor of more fairies like Gardevoir since that's as close to Western fairies that you'll get.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    PROS:

CONS:
    ~Team Flare. I hate that they're limiting the evil pokemon to a fire-type theme. Froakie choosers will just breeze through them. I also hate their motives and designs. Team Flare, imo, looks terrible!
    ~Plot. It looks like the plot has taken a giant step backwards from Gen V.
    ~Sky Battles. Why do we need these again? They're just normal battles from the looks of it, but utilizing special camera angles.
    ~Pokemon STILL don't walk with you. That was my fav. feature in HG/SS.

Overall, the pros outweigh the cons. Looking forwards to Gen VI!

1 Seriously ?in terms of evil teams pokemon Gen 1,2 we had zubats zubats and more zubats , gen 3 barly had water types mostly dark, some ground. Gen 4 we had skunks and fat kittens and oh don't forget zubats!!
    Gen 5 we had watchhogs and puppies, BW2 was actually good with diversity but wait.... Didn't they bring back zubats!!!!
    Ill take fire types anytime

2 lol we know absolutely nothing about the plot to even speculate on this matter

3 same reason we needed double and triple battles

4. I would of given you this one in gen 5 but now that the pokemon aren't pixels they don't look as cute following you as they did in HG Ss, lets imagine a wailord following you around in the new 3d graphics

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • This thread is painful to read and it's the embodiment of why I hate Pokemon fans.

That being said, it's pretty stupid to hate an entire generation and people should feel bad for being that stupid especially if that hatred is directed towards games that haven't even come out yet. Personally, I rather enjoy the steady stream of info that's been released over the last few months. It's a lot more than what's been released before previous games came out, but I'll bet my kidney that they're doing it because it's going to be a worldwide release. It's not like how it usually is, where Japan gets the games first and we get all of the information sans localization stuff at once while still waiting for our copies.

The actual aesthetics of the game are "So what?" at worst and don't warrant actual hate. Let's take the Fairy type, for instance. It was introduced to keep Dragons in check because - surprise! - Dragons are wicked strong. Keeping the mentality that Dragon types are strong because Dragon type is special because they're dragons is very childish. Bringing in something to knock them down a peg and help even the playing field is a great idea because Pokemon's got a huge competitive scene that needs some major balancing. Player-enforced rules will only go so far. And who cares if they decided to call it FAIRY? Fairy types are reminiscent of different kinds of fairies, kind of like how Dragon types are reminiscent of different kinds of dragons. Saying that Fairy type is stupid because of the name is like saying that Dragon type is stupid for the same reason.

Hating on designs is just as stupid because Pokemon can be based off of literally anything. Off the top of my head there have been sentient rocks, orbs, bats, reindeer, whatever Machop is, seeds, piles of slime, flowers, balls of gas, piles of lava, birds with multiple heads, magnets, and electricity. Saying that Pokemon designs are "getting" dumb is, in itself, dumb because they've been pretty consistent.

But guess what?

Spoiler:

OMG I hate you all for having opinions!!

What's your problem? People are going to dislike things no matter what. If you have a problem with people being negative with things that aren't released yet, go somewhere else please. Either ignore or be polite. Because this post is anything but. Be a bit more openminded would you? Not everyone is going to drop down to their knees and worship the Game Freak gods without question 'kay?

What really annoys me about what you've said is "don't let nostalgia cloud your mind". God, you know what I hate about the Pokemon franchise? That just because someone dislikes something newer makes them a Generaton 1/2 worshipper.

Stop jumping to conclusions and act more openminded about other people! I never even played Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal because they have remakes and I don't need to play them! Just because I dislike fairies and such doesn't make me and other people genwunners. I hate fairies because they're only designed to look adorable, and not to be based off of real fairies from mytholigy.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    OMG I hate you all for having opinions!!

What's your problem? People are going to dislike things no matter what. If you have a problem with people being negative with things that aren't released yet, go somewhere else please. Either ignore or be polite. Because this post is anything but. Be a bit more openminded would you? Not everyone is going to drop down to their knees and worship the Game Freak gods without question 'kay?

What really annoys me about what you've said is "don't let nostalgia cloud your mind". God, you know what I hate about the Pokemon franchise? That just because someone dislikes something newer makes them a Generaton 1/2 worshipper.

Stop jumping to conclusions and act more openminded about other people! I never even played Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal because they have remakes and I don't need to play them! Just because I dislike fairies and such doesn't make me and other people genwunners. I hate fairies because they're only designed to look adorable, and not to be based off of real fairies from mytholigy.

Lol it's funny because your post isn't Quite so polite and yet you condem him for the things your doing and your comebt is not coming off as open minded lol I see what your doing there reverse pschycolgy .

I like to think of myself a true fan of pokemon, its an aspect of my life . Some people make that aspect about sports or their job I make it about pokemon, pokemon is my part of my lifestyle ( the other two being god, and family)
    I've been a fan since gen 1 when I was 6.
    I'm all about the nostalgia .

But here's the thing generation one was good but not the best generation out there. Here's how I see all the gens

1 Generation one was good because it was something new there was yet to be a game like Pokémon before and this was just something interesting. Let's face it back then games were a little bit dull I mean yes you had your Mario and Final Fantasy but let's face it Pokémon really give you a connection to the character your playing. Take Mario for instance if you and your friend played Mario you will go to the same levels and beat the game around with the same things
    But now look at Pokémon you and your friends can have the exact same game yet have different experiences different Pokémon and just make the game your own

22. Generation two was good because It took the old game that you love added a whole bunch of new characters and gave you a whole bunch of different new features And it lets you revisit the region of the old game to give you a huge dose of nostalgia

3. Now I'm not sure what everybody feel as for generation three. But I remember them announcing the game and seeing screenshots and stuff like that and pretty much I love everything about it of course I didn't really play the games until I was 20 years old But it really gave features such as double battles and natures which is pretty cool. I never once came close to completing the national Pokédex in generation one and generation two so not being able to migrate my Pokémon to generation 3 really wasn't that big of deal for me

4. Generation four was cool for implementing old features such as day and night Then we have the physical special split which was awesome We got wireless communications so you know so that was pretty cool you could trade with everybody all over the world.
    It also took one of the greatest games gold and silver remade them and made it 10 times better

5. Generation five was cool because it made the battles faster, Added triple battles gave us dreamworld Pokémon drastically improve the Wi-Fi functions and gave us online battles Awesome mechanics such as move learn set revamp and reusable TMs
    And they gave us one of the most detailed biggest deepest story we've had in a Pokémon main series game

So while I loved gen 1 I think gen 6 will be great
    It's giving us a ton of new features it's giving us the ton of old Pokémon giving us old Pokémon with new transformations I see no reason why it wouldn't give us a greater story than generation five Really good wireless features The best graphics since the series came out And a awesome new type which hasn't been done since generation two And a new region and Pokémon

So I got mad love for generation six
    And you're really going to have to bring your arguments up in order to show hate for .

Now granted when it comes to new Pokémon a new forms of Pokémon I understand at first you may not be feeling them because while they don't look like you might want them to look
    Just keep in mind the only reason we love gen 1 pokemon was because there wasn't anything else to compare it to

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Well, I don't know about the other people, but maybe they genuinely like everything reaveald so far about THIS Gen but disliked other changes. Just because people could genuinely like something doesn't mean they're people who blindly love and accept and worship the changes Game Freak makes.

I, for one, hated the Mega Evolution concept, and while I don't hate it anymore, I just wonder if it's a good idea or if it was neccesary. And lots of things in Gen 5.

Me pregunto si fue buena idea involucrarme en esto :I

Years
  • I can't say I "hate" anything about Gen 6, because I don't fully or even well understand much of any of it yet.

I'm not too hot on fairies so far, because I love my dragons, and it feels that they're being severely undermined by being weak against a type that thus far looks frail, weak, and rather gimmicky. There's nothing about the fairies we have aside from Xerneas and a couple others that seem mystical or special or powerful to me, enough to take down a powerful beast. I know that's not what fairies are supposed to be about, but still, to me it just looks like a second normal type from the fact that the majority the Pokemon we have with it are a ribbon-covered-cutesy-fox-thing, a bottle of perfume, cotton candy, an electric hamster, a water mouse and Jigglypuff.

I can understand if that's just Japan's thing of making cutesy things into being magical, but I feel it could be done a lot better than what we're given so far, because they seem too, well, normal. But that's just me.

I'm also a bit iffy on these mega-evolutions. In some cases, we're giving major powerhouses even more power, like with Mewtwo and Blaziken, and in others we have Pokemon who might do better with an evolution instead, like Absol and Mawile. I just hope that for balance's sake, the former won't be allowed in wifi-battles or comes with a good deal of limitation, or instead of being a straight power boost, the Pokemon's power is reconfigured in a different way.

Other that I'm mainly cool with the what's been revealed so far, and I'm very excited for these games and am glad to have Y already preordered. There are no Pokemon that bug me too much, and if you don't like a Pokemon, you're probably only gonna see it when you're obliterating it.

(I still wish that food Pokemon weren't a thing but still)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Let's break it down, PC user *Icecold*. Allow me to lead.

Spoiler:

And with that, I would just like to offer an apology. I was irritated - I still am a bit - and I let it show, which was a huge faux pas on my part. I was tactless and rude while trying to get my point across and I am very sorry for being that way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    There isn't anything that I dislike about the newer generation yet. The minute the September CoroCoro was leaked with hardly any information translated, I was skeptical about the Mega evolutions since I was both stunned and confused. As time progressed and information was shown I grew an interest and accepted them. Who cares if it's SSJ Pokemon or Digi-whatever? It's something new and optional.

My views might be different than others, since I'm a competitive player rather than a casual player & that I always look at things positively, and think how much better newer mechanics can be and just stay optimistic with them rather than complaining and never accepting change. Disappointments and pessimistic expectations are usually seen through every generation, but in the end they are just opinions. To each their own.

i'm about to say my opinion. but when i read this. he said it all..

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    There are a lot of reasons to hate the new pokemon games. [...] requiring people to buy 3DS's
    Yes, let's keep Pokémon limited by the DS hardware just because some people don't want to buy a 3DS.
    Heck, scrap the whole of Gen. IV and Gen. V, let's release D/P/Pt, HG/SS and B/W/B2/W2 on the GBA instead. Actually... Let's scrap Gen III/IV/V and release everything as a GBC-enhanced GameBoy game so that everyone can play it without buying another system.

-You gotta buy a 3DS! Which has so many great games, like... umm... an incomplete mess of a Mario Kart game, or... uhh... a pitifully easy Mario game, or... umm... uhh......

I swear, this is shaping up to be even worse than generation 5.

Terrible argument. You're saying that Pokémon X and Y Versions are shaping up to be worse than Generation V partly because other games on the 3DS aren't good?
    Are you kidding me? Why would other games being good or not have any kind of effect on X/Y?

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Yes, let's keep Pokémon limited by the DS hardware just because some people don't want to buy a 3DS.
    Heck, scrap the whole of Gen. IV and Gen. V, let's release D/P/Pt, HG/SS and B/W/B2/W2 on the GBA instead. Actually... Let's scrap Gen III/IV/V and release everything as a GBC-enhanced GameBoy game so that everyone can play it without buying another system.

I think he was being sarcastic or something. (Or at least it looked like it)

I have a bad feeling about this generation. They're going to overeggerate everything and build up our excitement with all of these leaks and commercials. Then, they're going to let us fall and drop when the games come out.

wat. That's kind of a weird argument.
    But it actually sounds a little bit funny.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • I personally am going to hold on an opinion for the most part until the games actually come out. Game Freak has been shown not to reveal a lot about the games until just before their release, or just after.

Either way, I don't really like forming an opinion with as limited information as this. What Game Freak is revealing at this point is only some of what's new out there. If I don't like it, there are tons of other aspects of the game that I'll likely enjoy more.

Will it be my favorite? Perhaps, perhaps not. What matters the most is actually seeing if the game is well worth the money I'll more than likely be investing in it, as I already have a 3DS.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • 1 Seriously ?in terms of evil teams pokemon Gen 1,2 we had zubats zubats and more zubats , gen 3 barly had water types mostly dark, some ground. Gen 4 we had skunks and fat kittens and oh don't forget zubats!!
    Gen 5 we had watchhogs and puppies, BW2 was actually good with diversity but wait.... Didn't they bring back zubats!!!!
    Ill take fire types anytime

2 lol we know absolutely nothing about the plot to even speculate on this matter

3 same reason we needed double and triple battles

4. I would of given you this one in gen 5 but now that the pokemon aren't pixels they don't look as cute following you as they did in HG Ss, lets imagine a wailord following you around in the new 3d graphics
    Hm. I'd rather the evil teams not be based off of the starter types such as fire, water, grass. Any other type I'd be okay with. Also, the plot has leaked some details: Money. Team Flare's after money. Once more, this is a giant leap backwards from Gen V, which actually had a good plot(despite Ghetsis ruining it all near the end.) ...I love double battles, they're strategic and fun. Triple battles are a bit complicated, but they have their ups and downs. As for the 3d pokemon following you, maybe they could be chibi-fied? It would be amazingly cute for a chibi Wailord to be following you around.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Heh, yeah. For four whole generations the pixels didn't even move!

Well, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all had moving intro animations for Pokemon haha... Other than that yeah battles are crazy boring when I play gen 4 games now.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Lol it's funny because your post isn't Quite so polite and yet you condem him for the things your doing and your comebt is not coming off as open minded lol I see what your doing there reverse pschycolgy .

I like to think of myself a true fan of pokemon, its an aspect of my life . Some people make that aspect about sports or their job I make it about pokemon, pokemon is my part of my lifestyle ( the other two being god, and family)
    I've been a fan since gen 1 when I was 6.
    I'm all about the nostalgia .

But here's the thing generation one was good but not the best generation out there. Here's how I see all the gens

1 Generation one was good because it was something new there was yet to be a game like Pokémon before and this was just something interesting. Let's face it back then games were a little bit dull I mean yes you had your Mario and Final Fantasy but let's face it Pokémon really give you a connection to the character your playing. Take Mario for instance if you and your friend played Mario you will go to the same levels and beat the game around with the same things
    But now look at Pokémon you and your friends can have the exact same game yet have different experiences different Pokémon and just make the game your own

22. Generation two was good because It took the old game that you love added a whole bunch of new characters and gave you a whole bunch of different new features And it lets you revisit the region of the old game to give you a huge dose of nostalgia

3. Now I'm not sure what everybody feel as for generation three. But I remember them announcing the game and seeing screenshots and stuff like that and pretty much I love everything about it of course I didn't really play the games until I was 20 years old But it really gave features such as double battles and natures which is pretty cool. I never once came close to completing the national Pokédex in generation one and generation two so not being able to migrate my Pokémon to generation 3 really wasn't that big of deal for me

4. Generation four was cool for implementing old features such as day and night Then we have the physical special split which was awesome We got wireless communications so you know so that was pretty cool you could trade with everybody all over the world.
    It also took one of the greatest games gold and silver remade them and made it 10 times better

5. Generation five was cool because it made the battles faster, Added triple battles gave us dreamworld Pokémon drastically improve the Wi-Fi functions and gave us online battles Awesome mechanics such as move learn set revamp and reusable TMs
    And they gave us one of the most detailed biggest deepest story we've had in a Pokémon main series game

So while I loved gen 1 I think gen 6 will be great
    It's giving us a ton of new features it's giving us the ton of old Pokémon giving us old Pokémon with new transformations I see no reason why it wouldn't give us a greater story than generation five Really good wireless features The best graphics since the series came out And a awesome new type which hasn't been done since generation two And a new region and Pokémon

So I got mad love for generation six
    And you're really going to have to bring your arguments up in order to show hate for .

Now granted when it comes to new Pokémon a new forms of Pokémon I understand at first you may not be feeling them because while they don't look like you might want them to look
    Just keep in mind the only reason we love gen 1 pokemon was because there wasn't anything else to compare it to

What's your point here? That I'm a genwunner? No, I'm not. Glad you see the good points of every generation, but I don't think you understand what I'm complaining anout.

And Sweets Witch, of course I accept your apology! It's okay to share your opinion with others but I would rather your irritation show so much you look pretty jerkish. Sorry if my message sounds rude as well... I just get steaming mad when people point fingers and call people genwunners when they have no idea what generations they play.

Not sure if I'm actually going to play Gen 1 and Gen 2, but I am interested in Yellow and Crystal. I want a Pikachu D:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Hm. I'd rather the evil teams not be based off of the starter types such as fire, water, grass. Any other type I'd be okay with. Also, the plot has leaked some details: Money. Team Flare's after money. Once more, this is a giant leap backwards from Gen V, which actually had a good plot.

They're after money, yes, but we don't know WHAT will they do with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Every new generation has people who invest all sorts of time and energy into hating it.

I don't know why they bother. They just waste a lot of effort convincing themselves to hate something that they haven't even played yet. They crash around forums, desperately trying to convince other people (and probably to some degree themselves) that their burning hatred of this game they haven't even played yet is justified because blah, blah, blah.

It's their loss. Just like with every other gen, while they're trying ever more desperately to justify their hatred with an ever more predictable and trite set of complaints (watertrumpetssurfingsnowdriftsoverdesignedicecreamconetrashbags), I'll be playing and enjoying another generation of games.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Every new generation has people who invest all sorts of time and energy into hating it.

I don't know why they bother. They just waste a lot of effort convincing themselves to hate something that they haven't even played yet. They crash around forums, desperately trying to convince other people (and probably to some degree themselves) that their burning hatred of this game they haven't even played yet is justified because blah, blah, blah.

It's their loss. Just like with every other gen, while they're trying ever more desperately to justify their hatred with an ever more predictable and trite set of complaints (watertrumpetssurfingsnowdriftsoverdesignedicecreamconetrashbags), I'll be playing and enjoying another generation of games.

That is what you call a Troll my dear friend. They care too much that they hate absolutely everything about it and completely ignore everything else. Then they try to get others to hate it by spouting their hate, as idiotic as it usually is. This only makes them post more because they know it upsets the real fans of the series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back