• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hate For New Generation 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I don't hate or love the games, I am definitely keeping an open mind when the games come out. However, the games do make me worry a bit:

1) the fact that Mega Evolutions is just the same exact thing as form change but with a prettier name makes me feel like they came up with the idea as a marketing ploy. they know that a lot of people might like the game, so they hype the hell out of the features to make people buy the game.

2) Mega Evolutions might get Pokemon Fans to bicker over the usual thing, "Why didn't MY favorite pokemon get a Mega Evolution!" "Why didn't Charizard/Gyarados get a Mega Evolution?"

3) Pokemon has 25 years of history of addding 100+ new Pokemon, yet 95% of them nobody uses. What makes this game different?

4) The jump to 3-D is a brave move. But games have a LOOOOOOONG history of lowering game quality in exchange for 3-D mechanics. I hope they don't mess up in this case.

5) Some of the new battle styles (air combat for example) will severely limit the kind of Pokemon usable. This was not a great move since you are now forced to train a bigger number of Pokemon than we are used to.

Once again, I cannot tell if a game will be great or not until it comes out. I will walk in with an open mind, and that's all I can promise.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • I don't hate or love the games, I am definitely keeping an open mind when the games come out. However, the games do make me worry a bit:

1) the fact that Mega Evolutions is just the same exact thing as form change but with a prettier name makes me feel like they came up with the idea as a marketing ploy. they know that a lot of people might like the game, so they hype the hell out of the features to make people buy the game.

2) Mega Evolutions might get Pokemon Fans to bicker over the usual thing, "Why didn't MY favorite pokemon get a Mega Evolution!" "Why didn't Charizard/Gyarados get a Mega Evolution?"

3) Pokemon has 25 years of history of addding 100+ new Pokemon, yet 95% of them nobody uses. What makes this game different?

4) The jump to 3-D is a brave move. But games have a LOOOOOOONG history of lowering game quality in exchange for 3-D mechanics. I hope they don't mess up in this case.

5) Some of the new battle styles (air combat for example) will severely limit the kind of Pokemon usable. This was not a great move since you are now forced to train a bigger number of Pokemon than we are used to.

Once again, I cannot tell if a game will be great or not until it comes out. I will walk in with an open mind, and that's all I can promise.

@ #2, People are already bickering....
    @ #3. I think it's closer to 98%, but this connects to #5, in that, More pokemon will get used because of the limitations.
    @ #4, From what we've seen so far, it's promising.
    And #5, Air battles likely won't have a mandatory placement in the storyline, aside from a possible Tutorial segment, like what Pokemon Amie will have (i think). You'll likely mostly only have to deal with them only when you want to, and that would likely be for Pokedex completion, since some pokemon will be Air Battle exclusive.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Personaly, the only thing I dont like about Gen 6 is the design models. They usualy give out something that looks good (Take note, this is oppionion, not fact, I love gen 6) for a water type (or any for that matter) starter. Froakie just looked kinda... derpy I guess? And some of the others look kinda derpy to.

Im sure some people who don't like the designs and play will come to not mind them though (I.E. I used to hate gen 5 sprites. Serperior has one of my favorite sprites now).

Probaly not the best reason, but I don't go arround like this al day at least:
    GEN 6 IS TERRIBLE IT'S NOT POKEMON IF ITS NOT GEN 1!!!1!11!!!! WHO WANTS TO TRAIN A FROG!!!!!!111!1!1

Yeah, I like gen 6, but its not gonna be my favourite (Gen 3 FTW).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    After rewatching the trailers I noticed something else I'm rather nitpicky about, though it's small in comparison.

Battle scenes when you use moves. There's nothing about them that looks special. They're all bland and they made sure they stayed as close to the DS games battle scene as close as possible, which were really boring to me. That's ignoring how slow and sluggy they feel because I don't wanna go into frame rates again.

I'm comparing them with Colosseum/XD/Revolution which REALLY nailed the battle scenes. Usually in Pokemon I turn them off, no question, but the aforementioned game while they lack the option to do so really engaged me and they felt so dynamic and real. Compare water gun in X/Y to it in Colosseum. In the former, there's basically no change to it from the DS games. Basically just a continuous squirt of water that's rather underwhelming. And then there's Colosseum's which is a forceful shot of water that feels very fast and cinematic. I mean god damn to this day I'm STILL impressed by that.

Battles scenes were very entertaining in those games. X/Y...I'm just not feeling it. One of the things I wanted out of 3D Pokemon is to make the battle scenes to be like Colo/XD/BR, but alas, I leave unsatisfied. Mind you it's a really small thing and the problem can be solved by just disabling the battle scenes like I pretty much do with every Pokemon game.

Let it be known I'm the kind of guy who uses Pokemon that nobody does. I'm using that new bunny rabbit Pokemon and ain't nobody gonna stop me. (Unless it evolves into something super ugly, can't have THAT)

Froakie just looked kinda... derpy I guess? And some of the others look kinda derpy to.
    Boo to you man
    Hate For New Generation 6?

I'm naming my Froakie...Globox! My fascination with Rayman's character designs has left me very impressed by Froakie. The other two starters are inferior in comparison!

However I have a thing for Pokemon that are reminiscent of other characters. It is one reason why I'm very fond of Farfetch'd (Daffy Duck), Lucario (Ryu), Infernape (Son Goku), Probopass (Mario) and also that new Bunny Rabbit (that's my name for it until I get one and call it MIPS!) as it had my attention to the point I decided to put it in my team as it is very similar to Mario 64's rabbits. Because of that it is the only Pokemon so far that is confirmed to be on my X/Y team, while the rest are unknown. All they to do now is base a Pokemon off Donkey Kong and I guarantee you it would end up being my favorite Pokemon.
    Yeah, I like gen 6, but its not gonna be my favourite (Gen 3 FTW).
    However I'm willing to forgive you for this. I, too, think R/S/E are the pinnacle of the series and they won't be topped any time soon, it seems.

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Gen-Wunners

I'm not a hater, I'm liking it, only problem I see is too many new features, I feel they are showcasing and releasing too many new features for the release. They should keep some back for the 3rd/sequel game.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I actually don't like the designs of MegaMewtwo & MegaAmpharos, the first looks very weird to me & the latter looks really uncreative, I mean it's basically Ampharos with a lot of white hair.

What I don't get is, Mareep was supposed to lose more & more wool as it grew, since Flaaffy has half the wool that Mareep has & Ampharos has no wool at all. And now they decide to make a mega form for Ampharos & he regains wool/hair!
    I'm only butt-hurt about this because at some point of the game I might be forced to MegaEvolve Ampharos to make it powerful enough to stand up to other overpowered Pokémon while I don't like its mega design.

Other than that this generation is almost perfect, I'd hate to say this but the 3D graphics put the older games to shame, I never preferred 3D over sprites but this game took my breath away...

You won't be forced to do anything. Its all a choice that you make. If you Mega-Evolve your ampharos is because you chose to and nothing else.

Gen-Wunners

I'm not a hater, I'm liking it, only problem I see is too many new features, I feel they are showcasing and releasing too many new features for the release. They should keep some back for the 3rd/sequel game.

3rd games, Sequels, and remakes don't tend to add anything of real merit to the games. Only things we usually get are Move Tutors and Battle facilities. Neither of which have been shown as of yet so those may still be just in the add on games. All of the new main features are always added into the main games and expanded on in later games.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • I haven't looked forward to a Pokémon game so much since Diamond! I really like the new features so far, Pokémon-Amie and Megaevolutions I am especially looking forward to :) the Pokémon themselves don't look atrocious either, other than Chespin so it's looking good I think

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2013
    The Kanto starters have actually changed my mind about Mega Evolutions. Ohmy, dat Charizard sure is amaziiiing. ^^

I still despise the Mega part, though.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    what hate? I dont see any hate? we get pancham, we get those kickass legendaries, we get litleo, we get all these cute pokemon except for chespins evo he looks like pignite and yeah it looks like it might be the best since HOENN imo

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • No hate at all from me. c: Sometimes, it takes me a little while to get used to having new Pokémon but I absolutely love everything so far! I'm very excited!

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I simply LOVE x and y but I do got some hate for x and y. And that would be what they did with steel.JUST WHY did they make steel where it now can be hurt by dark and ghost. I mean steel was ALREADY a good type. shouldve did somethig bout them pesky water types. and they shouldve balanced stealth rock so most fire types wont suffer. I also thinki they shouldve did something bout ice and grass types. they have a ton of weaknessess(well okay a select few grass types are good like venasaur) as for mega evos....I dont hate them nope. but I dont really like them eiither. I think they are so and so. Game wouldve been good with or withouth em.(cant wait to use mega venasaur) but all in all CANT WAIT. And I cant wait to get my sweet revenge on garchomp when I use my cutie sylveon. and I cant wait for the 3d locales. agh.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • what hate? I dont see any hate? we get pancham, we get those kickass legendaries, we get litleo, we get all these cute pokemon except for chespins evo he looks like pignite and yeah it looks like it might be the best since HOENN imo
    I agree. We've seen many great Pokémon. And best of all no Vanillite or Stunfisk like derpy pokemon...thus far...

TrippyStack

I ain't even trippin'!
    Years
  • Hate? Absolutely not! In fact, this might've been the first time I've actually liked/loved every thing they've revealed so far.

Judging from what we've seen from the gameplay videos so far, it feels very "fresh" and I think it's what Pokémon needed. I always love getting a new Pokémon game and I probably always will, but I'll admit that it has been feeling a bit stale lately. The graphic overhaul and new mechanics will definitely help it feel new for me.

I'm pretty excited about getting my hands on XY next month.

Years
  • So apparently it's just been confirmed that the overworld won't feature 3D effects. As someone that always uses the 3D, this really, really, really annoys me.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So apparently it's just been confirmed that the overworld won't feature 3D effects. As someone that always uses the 3D, this really, really, really annoys me.
    Wait what?

**** this ****
    Hate For New Generation 6?

Game Freak really needs to get their **** together. The game's performance is laughably bad. And now they're disabling 3D in the overworld? For what reason?

Oh because they don't know **** about handling frame rates. I mean, D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W/2 had basic 3D (and crude) graphics and they could barely pass for an acceptable 30fps frame rate.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    the only thing i dislike is how some developer merely copy pasted the idea of digimon warp shinka for mega evolutions. and how some of the evos seem farfetched and over the top (garchomp's look like a kaiju and mewtwo X is like some DBZ character)

other than this point i would prefer this gen much much more over gen 5 actually. ledge jumping? sitting on benches? sky/horde battle character customiszation ....so many new features

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • So apparently it's just been confirmed that the overworld won't feature 3D effects. As someone that always uses the 3D, this really, really, really annoys me.
    I hardly EVER use 3d but COME OOOON. I was planning on atleast using the 3d to see how them awsome 3d towns would look. I HOPE at the very least we can view or pokmeon in 3d our someones gonna get blown up :#. sheesh gamefreak this just shows that your acting lazy. I bet your doing this for them little dorky kids. screw kids. we cant even have a decent story cuz of crappy kids. comeon gamefreak kids play all sorts of stuff. *cough* majora mask *cough*

Years
  • I hardly EVER use 3d but COME OOOON. I was planning on atleast using the 3d to see how them awsome 3d towns would look. I HOPE at the very least we can view or pokmeon in 3d our someones gonna get blown up :#. sheesh gamefreak this just shows that your acting lazy. I bet your doing this for them little dorky kids. screw kids. we cant even have a decent story cuz of crappy kids. comeon gamefreak kids play all sorts of stuff. *cough* majora mask *cough*

Those days kids playing COD, Halo, GTA and all those violent stuff.
    And from what I saw pokemon fan base's age group those days is around 14-18 years old.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    No RS remakes confirmed yet

The only real eh I have is already strong Pokemon getting mega evolutions. Something like Mawile...okay, but Garchomp, Lucario, etc.? I'm not too into the competitive scene though(not like they'll be accepted anyways) so it's not a bother really, just seems out of place; aka it's not hate. It's a little cool even.

Pretty much like everything so far, although I've warmed up to nearly everything so far for every gen anyways to some degree, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    The one thing I am really terrified for in Gen 6. is the time it takes to get into a battle. With every generation this time has become longer and in Black 2 it annoyed me so much. But now with the 3D effects and all, it will probably be even more of an issue. I don't know, it are just these small things that really make or break a game for me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back