• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart and Soul... A bit lame?

Do you like the names?

• Yep

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • They are alright

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • I can think of better >.>

Votes: 21 14.6%

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    .. Well, considering that most Pokémon fans have been dying for a remake, would it really bother them if the name was a little off?

It's not corny at all. There's a meaning for why they made it Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Even if some don't like it, at least the name trule isn't a worse one. I think we can live with Heart Gold and Soul Silver...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love the new names; in fact, Heart Gold is perfect for Ho-oh, and Soul Silver good for Lugia. Dusk/Dawn sounded kind of lame next to these games. Maybe for a different generation.

Now it's just a matter of which one do I get and which my friend gets ;D

I couldn't agree more. Soul Silver just seems to suit Lugia perfectly. The way it sounds, is like if it is Lugia's nickname.

Heart Gold sounds perfectly fine for Ho-oh because of how it's wing and the heart of Heart Gold look the same. I happen to be getting Heart Gold.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I've never been one to care much about the name in the first place, although these I certainly don't mind. I have a slight preference for Soul Silver as well...

Not quite sure what is wrong with them though, really. Just a name. =P

Years
    I was waiting for a thread like this to pop up. I was actually discussing the matter with Erica (Lightning) on Twitter last night, so I'll just rephrase what I said to her.

Firstly, I find it pathetically funny for some people to have wished and wished for remakes of Gold and Silver for as long as they can remember, and when they're finally granted that wish, they decide the name is stupid. The amount of ingratitude is ridiculous. What's also pretty silly is that no one's thinking about the names. Heart of Gold, Soul of Silver. As in, we can be faithfully assured that we're going to be playing the games we loved a decade ago, not some stupid franchise spin-off. At least, that's the way I interpret it. Each to his/her own, though.

definitely could not have said it better. in my opinion, the name is the least of my worries. it won't effect the game play one bit.

Years
    i like them both,

i found soul silver sounding somewhat mysterious though..

It would have been awesome if they named the remakes:
    Firegold
    Supersilver
    (its just a joke, relax)

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2009
    Shining Gold and Sterling Silver might have been nice, but they seem to fit the Jhoto theme.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Soul Silver has the better name, but Heart Gold has the better icon. Anyway, I think both names are fine. Doesn't matter too much.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Like what most people are saying, I'm perfectly like the names. They fit their respected Pokemon fairly well. They weren't horribly predictable names, either. I must say, though, I quite agree that HeartGold just doesn't slip off the tongue like SoulSilver. Marxvile's got it right though, needs alliteration.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The names are good enough. Burn HeartGold, I love Soul Silver! Heck, I'm pirating it as soon as it comes out!

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I'm fine with them. SoulSilver is a pretty name. But nothing is really wrong with them. I would hate to see them as DuskGold and DawnSilver, because that's just totally predictable and boring. Not to mention Dusk and Dawn are official Digimon games, so blegh. :[

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I dont mind the names. They are alright :) I think they could have made worse names. I am just glad there is for sure going to be a remake! :)

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I think they're okay, but there's no confirmation that those will be the names they choose for a worldwide release guys. They haven't even officially announced it yet for release outside Japan (I doubt they don't do an international release). The point is, the title could change to fit the region better, just like they changed Green to Blue for the original two.

I hope they keep them though!

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Are you serious? I've seen this topic come up on other forums about the name of the game's being ugly and/or 'lame'. Does it honestly matter the name of the game? You're still going to buy the damn game, aren't I right? Does the name affect gameplay at all? I think not, so all of you that have a problem with the name of the game, rethink your opinion and ask yourself if the name actually matters.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Who says anything about buying the game? I'll just get an Early Dump for it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Metallic Rose, that might be the worse name ever. I really don't think the names matter, D/P was like this too. " Diamonds are for girls" "Pearls are a girl's best friend" Blahblah. Whatever it's just the games name, does it affect the ingame play of it, no. (Well in a Technical sense, like exclusives.)

Back