• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart and Soul... A bit lame?

Do you like the names?

• Yep

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • They are alright

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • I can think of better >.>

Votes: 21 14.6%

• Total voters

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
Years
  • I wish there was an other option to cover "I'm okay with one," or something. I originally liked Lugia first, but in 2005, I switch to Ho-oh. Same about my brother, he originally liked Ho-oh, then in 2005, he switch to Lugia. We don't like one way better then the other. We almost like the two the same way. There will be a higher chance for me to get Heart Gold, but I got to look at the exclusives first. Soul Silver sounds good, but Heart Gold should of had a better name like Hero Gold.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I like the names. Heart and Soul are good names for a pair of versions, being related to each other. I think they sound great too, they roll of the tongue well enough.

What were the rumored names of the GS remakes before HGSS was announced? Weren't they something like Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver?
    Those sound nice too, but honestly I prefer the two that were chosen.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I don't mind the names, really. There are probably better ones that could be used for them, but I really don't care too much about the names of the games; I just want to play a D/P/Pt-Styled Gold! XD

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • At first they did seem a little odd. But then unlike Fire Red and Leaf Green, they can't associate it with something everyone knows like blue with water and black with darkness. There is the saying of 'Heart of Gold'. But Soul Silver was interesting.

So basically I like it xD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • So we all know by now what the new names are.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but do you think they are a bit lame?

I don't like the names really. I can see where they are going with it, but I don't like it :(

Personally, something like Sun Gold and Moon Silver seems better in my opinion.

So, what do you think of the names?
    Yes. Terrible. Stupidest name yet. By far. When I saw this in someone's signature, I thought it was some hack by a noob that couldn't even pick out a decent name. I'm seriously disappointed.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I thought they were both pretty lame, but Soul Silver sounds slightly better. Thus, I will be getting that one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I love both titles actually. I've heard quite a few fake titles before the games were confirmed and some of them were pretty good, but I think that Heart Gold and Soul Silver flow much better and match with the themes for both Ho-Oh and Lugia. In fact, for the first few days after reading about the games for the first time, I couldn't stop saying Heart Gold and Soul Silver every now and then to myself.

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
  • HearGold sounds a bit silly/lame, but Soul Silver sounds great to me.
    But, I'll be getting both (probably), since I loved my old Crystal and have never tried the other two, so I'm expecting much out of them. ^_^

- Ace_McPhail

PS: If they ever make a Crystal remake (which I hope they do), I think they should use "MindCrystal"

Years
  • I don't really like heart, something like blaze gold would have worked better. But Soul Silver is awesome IMO.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    heart and soul means everything! (what doesn't have a heart or soul)
    so everything gold nad sliver!
    they didn't use Duskgold or Dawnsliver there copyright names
    becasue they would be sued by the digimon people (didigom dusk,didgmon dawn)

Years
  • They're alright. I have no strong feelings toward them one way or the other. I mean, Soul Silver sounds a little better, but Heart Gold is cool cause it references a Neil Young song (or the popular saying, but I prefer to think of it as the song :P). Anyway, who really cares about the names? I just hope they do a good job with the remakes. :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I like Soul Silver as a name, but Heart Gold isn't really something I would think of. But I can see what they're trying to do to get that incorporation of the spirit in the game and all that. But I think there were better ideas that could have been thought up to throw into the mist of things and add as names for the remakes, you know?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I feel that they could have done better with a name for Gold.. but I don't mind Soul Silver at all. Sparkly Gold could have worked well...

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • I like both of the names. Just imagine the shiny case on a shop shelf reading "Heart Gold" or "Soul Silver", I mean, I think I'd jizz myself.
    And Dusk/Dawn? C'mon, then you'd be playing DS on DS :P
    Honestly, I think these names are wai bettar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Well I didnt care how does it sound, but the names are perfect for the logos they made...lugia as a traditional japanese soul and the wings of ho-oh in the shape of a heart, so, that is fine enough to me.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • LOL... They're alright. (The names)

But, yeah, I could think of a better name than that (or maybe worse? XD)

Well, at least the game reviews are good!

P.S.

Back