• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart and Soul... A bit lame?

Do you like the names?

• Yep

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • They are alright

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • I can think of better >.>

Votes: 21 14.6%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The names, yeah I could think of something better. Though it migth not have had any much meaning to the game as Heart and SIlver do. Then of course there are many worse names I can probably come up with as well.

This is what I thought of on the top of my head...lol

Glistening Gold
    Shimmering Silver

xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think that Heart Gold and Soul Silver match their names perfectly.

If you take a look at the gold heart and Ho-oh wings it's shape of the wings looks the same as the heart.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    they get the job done
    Soul Silver sounds good, but Heart Gold is cheesy
    But in the end, who honestly cares what they're called? its the gameplay

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's true, I'm sure once people get the game [whichever they choose] all will really not mind the name after a while, and just enjoy the game as it is remade...

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, as long as the game is good. Soul Silver attracts me more to the game than Heart Gold. I remember beating my friend in Crystal vs. Silver... Now I'll beat him Silver vs. Gold.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah what happened about a few month ago were there was a rumor of it being called dusk gold & dawn silver i liked those better

I actually like the names better than Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver. Dusk Gold just sounds too boring for me, and Soul Silver sounds better than Dawn Silver in my opinion.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I like them because of what they represent. The heart we have always had for such a great game, and our souls have always been with it dispute moving onto newer games. The names are perfectly fine to me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I like them because of what they represent. The heart we have always had for such a great game, and our souls have always been with it dispute moving onto newer games. The names are perfectly fine to me.

You make such a cool point with that. We've wanted it with all our heart, and our sould have been kept in dispule. Really nice use and meaning.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like them because of what they represent. The heart we have always had for such a great game, and our souls have always been with it dispute moving onto newer games. The names are perfectly fine to me.

That makes sense. Also the heart is shaped like Ho-oh's wings in a way, while the mini Lugia represents Lugia. The heart and mini Lugia suit the names and the legendaries Ho-oh and Lugia.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I personally love the new names for the remakes. Years ago, people were talking about "Shiny Gold" and names like so in potential remake threads. The fact that people detest the "Heart and Soul" prefixes is beyond me, seeing as they were the ones who once hoped for first grade adjectives such as "shiny." Heart and Soul has meaning to it. As someone quoted pages back, Ho-oh only appears to those with pure hearts. Lugia is more or less the soul of the sea. And just for the record, I personally disliked Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver as names. I couldn't see Ho-oh and Lugia representing the rising and setting of the sun. :/ Representing the heart and soul of the players that have been waiting for this game seems much better. >:3

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I like the names because it was so unexpected, a lot of people would think it would something else, but when these came out, it was like a bang!

Years
  • So we all know by now what the new names are.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but do you think they are a bit lame?

I don't like the names really. I can see where they are going with it, but I don't like it :(

Personally, something like Sun Gold and Moon Silver seems better in my opinion.

So, what do you think of the names?

Well, you also have to remember these are the translated names from Japan.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think the title of the games mean the same thing in English and Japanese.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That's true, the maning is the same, but the sound of it and the language for the title is completely different.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • You make such a cool point with that. We've wanted it with all our heart, and our sould have been kept in dispule. Really nice use and meaning.

I thought it was pretty cool as well, it made the most sense when I thought about it. Just a different, interesting point of view on it.

That makes sense. Also the heart is shaped like Ho-oh's wings in a way, while the mini Lugia represents Lugia. The heart and mini Lugia suit the names and the legendaries Ho-oh and Lugia.

I could also see the legendaries having to do with it as well. Another interesting way to look at it, I like that. Also, Like it in the series it seems Ho-oh was the heart of the pokemon, as they always protected the bells within the building that the people hoped it would return to. And Lugia I could see being the Soul of them because it rescues all in need mainly in the ocean if any trouble were to happen.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The names make great sense for the game, I just wonder if it will be mentioned in the game itself.

Back