• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
Years
  • Heart and Soul, if there was a Crystal I think it'd be named Mind. At first I thought Spirit was a cool name but another S starter is ish, and it sort of follows "Mind, Body and Soul" with Heart being Body.

joshual2153

shiny-celebi-lv100
    Years
  • acually i think there may be a crystal remake. yeh, they didnt do a yellow remake, so what? the third games are always the best. yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum.
    im not sure why they didnt do a yellow remake but, they did third games for all the other gens sooo yeh.... Spirit crystal - Mind crystal...

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I really don't see the need to remake it...

Zenite

the Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Spirit and Soul sound too similar and I agree with everyone there will most likely not be a Crystal remake. R/S remake anyone? :P

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • There was no yellow remake and so I really can't help but think that there will not be any Mind/Spirit Crystal game. But IF maybe they just bother to remake crystal I say that I will definitely try to play it.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • I guarantee you that there will be no crystal remake in the near future. It's utterly pointless.

there's no point guaranteeing what you don't know ¬¬

I personally don't think that they'll make a crystal remake, because anything that was special about Crystal will ahve been added and expanded into Hg/SS. they've already added in bits of Yellow to make up for it not being remade - the following pokemon and that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It is very unlikely for a Crystal remake, as said many times before. For one, if there might have been one, then at least a quarter of all the new features added now might not have been implemented into HeartGold and SoulSilver, but rather left for the Crystal remake. Not to mention, new hidden areas, like the possible Battle Frontier or Tower could have waited for the Crystal remake as well. Seeing as Yellow never had a remade version for the GameBoy Advance is what makes this Crystal remake idea unlikely.

However it is never impossible, and you never know that maybe in the next ten years, rather than remaking FireRed and LeafGreen for the latest system at that time, they could remake Yellow instead. The same could happen for Crystal as well, but for now HeartGold and SoulSilver seems to have it all. Not to forget, having a Crystal version isn't something needed, seeing as what HeartGold and SoulSilver is bringing in seems very satisfying. Plus, a remake of Crystal would only delay the waited fifth generation to come in like a year or two at some point.

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I hate how everyone assumes that there will be a Crystal remake. For the millionth time, was there a Yellow remake???

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Pokemon Crystal 2?

Well this is my first time being on here in 2 years so please dont flame if theres already a topic like this but do you guys think there will be a crystal remake too? If so what do you think they will call it.

ZestyCactus

From Bulbapedia
    Years
  • I think a Crystal remake would be overkill, personally. Also, they didn't do a SparkYellow or anything like that, so I'm hard-pressed to believe they'd do a Crystal remake. Plus, if they planned to bring back Crystal, I think they would have used Kris instead of the (ugly) new girl character. ;P

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Nah, I don't think there will be a remake of Crystal just yet, seeing how they haven't made a yellow remake. But if there was a Crystal remake it would be called.................. Mind Crystal , Heart Gold, and Soul Silver.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I think a Crystal remake would be overkill, personally. Also, they didn't do a SparkYellow or anything like that, so I'm hard-pressed to believe they'd do a Crystal remake. Plus, if they planned to bring back Crystal, I think they would have used Kris instead of the (ugly) new girl character. ;P

Lmfao true i just thought of them not bringing back yellow lol.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Yeah, I think this is in the speculation thread... Someone said that crystal wasn't viable because there wasn't a need to expand on the series or anything. These games incorporate all pokemon updates and probably will have their own special features as well. So a crystal wouldn't really be necessary.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread with this pre-existing one.

Personally, I do doubt there being a Crystal remake as well... and it'll be even more unlikely if we see Crystal features in HG/SS. Given that there is now a pic of another NPC in front of the Burnt Tower who looks similar (but isn't necessarily the same, mind) as another who only appeared in Crystal, it's rather possible, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Some people are forgetting that Pokemon Blue was originally the third version in Japan and Pokemon Red and Green were the released together in Japan. Pokemon Yellow was a fourth special edition version based on the anime, but was dubbed a third version in other countries because Pokemon Green was not release outside of Japan. The game was because the game was said have so much abnormalities within it so those countries paired Pokemon Red with Pokemon Blue. Though this does not change the fact that Pokemon Red and Green are the paired version and Pokemon Blue is the third version because that is how they were released in Japan. So the reason of why I think it is unlikely that they will make Pokemon Crystal is because there was not a Pokmeon Blue remake. Also I thought that it was say that the Battle Tower and Sunicune Ledge were some features that were suppose to be included in the remakes meaning that some Crystal elements will be included while others will be left out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    acutaly i think crystal has a higher chance of a remake becuase its like the third top rpg game or something like after silver gold and emerald

Years
  • alright maybe not a crystal remake anytime soon. but noone can say that they didn't do a remake for yellow so the could do a remake later in like 5-10 years or something

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back