• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    there is no crystal remake but if there was sacred crystal could of been a name

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    I doubt they will remake Crystal because FireRed and LeafGreen didn't have a combination and they are the only double game remake so far. If there is one, it won't have a name to do with an element like ice, etc. It will have something to do with things like the hear and soul. Maybe, like Cubed said, it will be Spirit Crystal...

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Based on the fact that there was no Yellow remake, I doubt there will be a Crystal remake, I could be wrong though.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • Many people would disagree with you, I personally liked Pokemon Crystal a lot may be more than gold and silver since there was a cooler storyline and you could enjoy more the game also the feature of choosing between male and female made the game sell more, but thats what I think.

All 3 games have the EXACT SAME storyline...
    (not that I hate Crystal)

Years
  • Making a Crystal remake would be a good idea for them. I mean, take HG/SS, throw in a couple new events, resell as _____Crystal, and they have a game which will sell ridiculously well with practically no work.

Just like Platinum. And you all bought into that scheme, didn't you?

Also, I love all the people making patterns with JUST FRLG. That never gets old, guys. Really. Good job.

Ontopic: SpiritCrystal sounds okay, I suppose. The name reflects Crystal pretty well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Plus, on the business side of things, its silly for any developer/publisher pair, including Game Freak and Nintendo, to put a significant amount of effort into remakes that generally sell less than new games when they could in fact be better off making said new games...remaking Crystal would amount to too much effort when Gold/Silver were essentially the same game with a few negligible features.
    FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes, but they still are number 14 on the list of the best selling video games of all time. Doesn't sound too silly to me! In fact, when you think of it that way -- it's silly of them for not remaking Yellow!

To me, at least, the reason for not remaking Crystal would be because they have no need to -- they would be working on developing a new generation at that point. If for some reason they were trying to extend the 4th gen to stall the 5th gen (waiting for a new Nintendo handheld, perhaps), then they would remake Crystal.

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
  • They (As in G/S/C) are all relatively the same game except Crystal Version is just an extension of G/S; albeit, a remake of Crystal would be highly unlikely and completely redundant.

It's a nice dream though :3

Years
  • If GF is going to make another remake I'd say do R/S and be done with the remakes, as it will just be a giant circle then.
    On topic: I don't think they'd make a Spirit Crystal(Although I like the name) because FR/LG didn't get a yellow remake but that has probably been said already.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I really don't think they'll remake Crystal Version.

The reason I come to this conclusion is because they're including a lot of things from Crystal in HeartGold and SoulSilver (for example, they're putting Eusine in HG/SS). And when they remade Red and Blue into FireRed and LeafGreen they didn't remake Yellow. So...I doubt they'll remake Crystal.

But I'd like it if they did remake it. ^^ They should call it either SpiritCrystal or MindCrystal.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
    Years
  • Given the lack of a Yellow remake with FR/LG, I think there's little hope for a Crystal remake. Even if I consider Crystal my favorite video game of all time, this doesn't worry me. As others have pointed out, HG/SS are incorporating several features from Crystal (such as Eusine), so it doesn't bother me.

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • There was no OceanBlue or SparkYellow or any such nonsense... I don't really see them making [Name]Crystal. But that's just my guess.

Apparently according to bulbapedia: A trademark was filed for "Pokémon WaterBlue Version", however, indicating that this renaming may have been considered.

And I don't think there will be a crystal remake. What would be the point? If they did they would release it at the same time, me thinks

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • i think after that they make remakes for the 3rd gen
    there gonna make remakes for yellow, (maybe blue), crystal, and maybe emerald, and if any chance platinum.

Years
  • As bizarre and lame of a theory it sounds, it's actually quite logical. They've been making games in three, and HeartGold and SoulSilver are just a duo. I think that it is highly possible that they will be making a SpiritCrystal for Japan due for release in 2009-2010. It would be simply amazing to see a third Johto remake such as this released.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    duh Its a REMAKE!!

like FR and LG there was no LY (Lighting Yellow)

R and B had Y

G and S had C

R and S had E

FR had LG

D and P had P

HG had SS

thats how its been

Years
  • There won't be a Crystal Remake because they've already added Crystal elements into HeartGold and SoulSilver. The only difference between HGSS and a new Crystal would be the female playable characters. Which isn't much of a difference.

CrystallineSeraphim

Awakened of Eternal Destiny
    Years
  • Okay... don't shout at me if this has been mentioned before... but does anyone notice a connection to the aspects of the Kingdom Hearts universe to the naming of the new upcoming pokemon games?

I mean come ON! Heart Gold... Soul Silver

Heart -> Heartless
    Soul -> UNBIRTH

and if this is thought of
    Body -> Nobodies

so maybe the game will be called
    Crystal Body... anyone even think of that...

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Okay... don't shout at me if this has been mentioned before... but does anyone notice a connection to the aspects of the Kingdom Hearts universe to the naming of the new upcoming pokemon games?

I mean come ON! Heart Gold... Soul Silver

Heart -> Heartless
    Soul -> UNBIRTH

and if this is thought of
    Body -> Nobodies

so maybe the game will be called
    Crystal Body... anyone even think of that...

I really don't know anything about Kingdom Hearts but I definitely don't think that it has any connection with the release of pokemon games.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Well I do not see Spirit Crystal making any releases in the next few years. But we did not have a remake of Yellow, and I believe Japan did not get Water/Ocean Blue, so I do not think we will have a Spirit Crystal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back