• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years

• No they don't. According the Pokedex they are found wild, however, it has to be activated and that has yet to be discovered.
    On top of this, Gym Leaders can have 4th gen Pokemon - when you re-battle them after the Elite Four and all, that is.
    Where exactly is the machine part in the Cerulean Gym?
    IDK, but the problem may possibly be that you have to get Misty into the gym first, I heard...?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    IDK, but the problem may possibly be that you have to get Misty into the gym first, I heard...?

Someone already answered where it is. But I found out you have to fight the rocket on the nugget bridge before you can pick it up.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to wake up the Snorlax, its not the same as the originals.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • I got a question about 4th gen evolutions, If something like Aipom learns Double hit and levels, Well it still evolve to ambipom?

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I just got the game and I've been playing it since 4 PM... this is a totally nooby question but does anyone know how to catch that Farfetch'd at Ilex? I'm really failing at it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I got a question about 4th gen evolutions, If something like Aipom learns Ancient power and levels, Well it still evolve to ambipom?
    After recieving the PokéDex trade between DPPt and HGSS is allowed without any restrictions. So with this being said if, a Pokémon such as Aipom were to learn Double Hit to evolve into Ambipom, then it should be able to do so successfully.

I just got the game and I've been playing it since 4 PM... this is a totally nooby question but does anyone know how to catch that Farfetch'd at Ilex? I'm really failing at it.
    You are not required to capture the Farfetch'd in the Ilex Forest. You are required to chase after it until it finally returns back to the trainer. So continue on until the short quest is complete. As a helpful tip though, I do believe cornering it will be needed.

Well...I'm Stuck on the lugia event...Where do I Fight the kimono girls...?
    You can defeat all the Kimono girls after recieving all your 8 badges. Once this is complete, then with the Kimono girl's help you should be able to unlock Lugia at the Whirl Islands and go for the capture if that is what you plan to do.

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • What route can i find a poliwag and if i cant can i still trade an egg from my platinum at the begging on the game

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What route can i find a poliwag and if i cant can i still trade an egg from my platinum at the begging on the game

According to Bulbapedia's locations Poliwag is not found within the game. Now, I am not sure how true this may be as not all locations have been compeletly specified on as yet. However, like I stated before, after obtaining the PokéDex you are able to trade between HGSS and DPPt without any restrictions. So, you will be permitted to trade over your Poliwag egg into your Johto game.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • A) Which nests does the game utilize? G/S', Crystal's, or its own?
    -If it uses its own, how far off are the nests from those of G/S, or Crystal?
    -For that matter, what changes are there?

I'm suprised this question hasn't been asked already.

I ask because I want to know if I can find a Poliwag on the route north of Cherrygrove, or if Gligar's a HeartGold exclusive.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia's locations Poliwag is not found within the game. Now, I am not sure how true this may be as not all locations have been compeletly specified on as yet. However, like I stated before, after obtaining the PokéDex you are able to trade between HGSS and DPPt without any restrictions. So, you will be permitted to trade over your Poliwag egg into your Johto game.

Thanks i did not know about the pokedex thing lol that might change my team a bit lol And also any one know where swinub can be captured

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    According to Bulbapedia's locations Poliwag is not found within the game. Now, I am not sure how true this may be as not all locations have been compeletly specified on as yet. However, like I stated before, after obtaining the PokéDex you are able to trade between HGSS and DPPt without any restrictions. So, you will be permitted to trade over your Poliwag egg into your Johto game.
    I found a Poliwag when fishing in Ercuteak/Surfing in ponds around htere, Violet City and Cheerygrove... most definitely not missing from HG/SS.

EDIT - my bet on Swinub would be the Ice Path as well.
    I mentioned some hints in the second post in this thread on how to get it if you're still stuck. =)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I found a Poliwag when fishing in Ercuteak/Surfing in ponds around htere, Violet City and Cheerygrove... most definitely not missing from HG/SS.

I thought Poliwag shouldn't have been missing noting how it is a Johto type Pokémon. Great for the extra information however and it only proves my point on how not all sites and places have completely specified each location for each Pokémon. Though, trade is still available needless to say as well as capturing it.

As for Swinub, my guess as well goes to the Ice Path and probably later on along the game upon Mt. Silver in the snow-filled area closer to the journey towards Red.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Bulbapedia isn't the place to be trying to figure out where things in HG/SS are found. If you take a close look at the encounter list, according to them, Pidgey is also unavailable in HG/SS. It's just that it's taking Bulbapedia some time to edit all the encounter lists for HG/SS because they don't know them all yet. I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough. :V

My question was just asking if anyone knew any encounters, that it would be helpful to have them posted here.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Well since Bulbapedia is a user-based information database, how long it takes to get up depends on how fast the users choose to put it up. If you want it quickly, you should go to a site that's consistently updated, like Serebii, Psypoke, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back