• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Is there any more info anywhere about Notched-Ear Pichu?

All we know that seperates it from a regular Pichu are:
    -Having a Notched Ear(Hence its name)
    -Knows Pain Split
    -Can't Evolve
    -Can't be Traded to Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

Is its level-up Movepool different? Are its base stats higher?

Why is no-one looking into this?! Do people really not care?

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    Is there any more info anywhere about Notched-Ear Pichu?

All we know that seperates it from a regular Pichu are:
    -Having a Notched Ear(Hence its name)
    -Knows Pain Split
    -Can't Evolve
    -Can't be Traded to Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

Is its level-up Movepool different? Are its base stats higher?

Why is no-one looking into this?! Do people really not care?

moveset: Volt tackle, swagger, helping hand, and Pain split
    Item: aparrently holding a zap plate
    type: still electric
    stats: same as ordinary pichu
    evolution: none
    shiny: looks like a shiny pichu with a notched ear
    cannot be traded to DPPT

hope this helped :)

How would I put in a translation patch?

follow this link http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5103340

it should tell you all you need to know

Last edited:

☆DiaIsDia☆

.:Cradle Shock:.
    Years
  • Did I make a bad choice picking Chikorita as my Starter? If I did, I'm using a ROM so I'll just use a code. But If this were the real game and I didn't use codes, Is Chikorita a bad choice for me? I know it's the hardest to beat the game with and all but is it a good Starter choice in general.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Did I make a bad choice picking Chikorita as my Starter? If I did, I'm using a ROM so I'll just use a code. But If this were the real game and I didn't use codes, Is Chikorita a bad choice for me? I know it's the hardest to beat the game with and all but is it a good Starter choice in general.
    I chose Cyndaquil but Chiko is also good choice...
    It all depends on how are ya feeling 'bout her...
    But the fact that HG/SS are pretty easy let ya play with her without problems :)

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    well, it depends on what you want. Cyndaquil is a good choice if you want to hit hard and fast. Totodile is good for hitting hard and being able to take physical hits back, and chikorita is good if you are looking for something that can take hits from both sides of the damage spectrum and quite capably attack back with decent force.

hope this helped :)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Did I make a bad choice picking Chikorita as my Starter? If I did, I'm using a ROM so I'll just use a code. But If this were the real game and I didn't use codes, Is Chikorita a bad choice for me? I know it's the hardest to beat the game with and all but is it a good Starter choice in general.
    No. Chiko for the win. No one beats my little leaf connected to a...puppy?

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Does anyone know where I could get the TMs for:

Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power
    Earthquake
    Aerial Ace

Besides trading, of course...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I never pick my starter based on how good they are statistically. I pick them based on which I like the most. I rather not go through a game with a starter I don't like because it fits my battle style.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I just wanna ask this little question...
    When I went to the Goldenrod Underground, this guy took a picture of me with a Rocket suit. Now why did they specially make a sprite like that...?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I just wanna ask this little question...
    When I went to the Goldenrod Underground, this guy took a picture of me with a Rocket suit. Now why did they specially make a sprite like that...?

The Rocket Suit addition is just part of the plot for the game when underground. However, the picture taken is so you can have an image with you [the player] and your current team in a photographic view. Other locations for this is in the MooMoo Milk Ranch and I believe another area was mentioned earlier, but these other areas do not include you wearing the Team Rocket suit but your normal clothing instead.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
  • For my question, I am currently at Ice Path and being stopped by a man inside the cave from advancing. I assume I am missing a plot event, which I have looked into G/S faqs for the answer with no avail. I have 7 badges, completed Goldenrod Tower Takeover and received the Rainbow Feather. Can anyone help me out with what I have missed?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • For my question, I am currently at Ice Path and being stopped by a man inside the cave from advancing. I assume I am missing a plot event, which I have looked into G/S faqs for the answer with no avail. I have 7 badges, completed Goldenrod Tower Takeover and received the Rainbow Feather. Can anyone help me out with what I have missed?
    Did you capture Ho-Oh? The guide I've been using is for SS, but the person writing it captured Lugia, so in HG you might need to catch Ho-Oh.

How do I get to Kanto?

I already got all 8 badges and defeated the Kimono girls..
    Did you beat the E4? You need to beat them, then Oak will give you the Nat. Dex and Elm will give you the SS Ticket, allowing you to go to Vermillion.

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
    Years
  • Does anyone know where to find the TM for Psychic? I know you can get it from Mr. Psychic later on, but i would rather not wait that long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back