• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    They probably misread the part between the team rocket, which mentions them having progressed from kanto to Johto.

I'm sure if/when they announce kanto, it will be in big fat red letters all over the place.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I saw that... but from all the scans I've seen there has been nothing [text-wise] that remotely confirms that Kanto is playable :/ They need to fire their translators :P (they got that from Pkmn.net, so I guess I mean them lol :P )

No, because what people are saying is correct. Kanto has been "officially" confirmed to be included in the remakes. For starters in the map, it shows Route 22 which is located in Kanto itself. As for reference on the statement, a UK website had revealed information about Kanto being included. It was stated in Bulbapedia as said and it was stated on site as well. So, Kanto is "officially" confirmed to be included.

At first, with just the images we have here seemed like a possibility. The Magnet Train and its tracks leading East, and then the sighting of Route 22. It was only a few hours or a day later that we heard about the UK site revealing such information through translation. Plus, the information on it has been referred between other forum sites as well.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • No, because what people are saying is correct. Kanto has been "officially" confirmed to be included in the remakes. For starters in the map, it shows Route 22 which is located in Kanto itself. As for reference on the statement, a UK website had leaked information about Kanto being included. It was stated in Bulbapedia as said and it was stated on site as well. So, Kanto is "officially" confirmed to be included.

At first, with just the images we have here seemed like a possibility. The Magnet Train and its tracks leading East, and then the sighting of Route 22. It was only a few hours or a day later that we heard about the UK site revealing such information through translation. Plus, the information on it has been referred between other forum sites as well.

Where does it mention leaked information? The only article about it on bulbapedia I can find says that translators found it on a CoroCoro scan :/ What kind of leak was that? Word of mouth? That hardly makes anything official :P

They probably misread the part between the team rocket, which mentions them having progressed from kanto to Johto.

I'm sure if/when they announce kanto, it will be in big fat red letters all over the place.

I agree, I think that's what happened because a ton of people who were translating made the same mistake at first... :/ I don't know where this leak buisness came from :P

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Still, why would Game Freak go through all of the trouble to make the magnet train and Route 22 if Kanto wasn't going to be included?

Pakarmad

Killer of Bidoofs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2009
    looks really good! i like that you can change which pokemon follows you around

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Still, why would Game Freak go through all of the trouble to make the magnet train and Route 22 if Kanto wasn't going to be included?

Appeal to the eye :/ I agree with you guys saying that Kanto should be in the games, but as far as I have seen, there has been no official announcement that Kanto WILL infact be playable in the game. Even though it seems like it will be there, that doesn't justify saying confirmed :P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Appeal to the eye :/ I agree with you guys saying that Kanto should be in the games, but as far as I have seen, there has been no official announcement that Kanto WILL infact be playable in the game. Even though it seems like it will be there, that doesn't justify saying confirmed :P

Yeah, had to edit that part as "leaked" wasn't the right word to use. However, the map shown extends too far East for it not to include Kanto. Not to mention, Route 22 shouldn't be shown for appeal as it would give off false advertisement for the game. This one route connected Johto and Viridian City together, and usually what the Sugimori maps provide is what is brought into the games [or so it has been for quite some time now]. The art of the map included the Magnet Train, which is only used for travel through Goldenrod to Kanto, so for it to be shown it only refers that it'll be brought back keeping its own use like the original GSC games. So, for it to include the Tohjo Falls and Route 22 so far East would only bring attention to having Kanto brought in.

Here, at the community in the map thread it has even been pointed out and gives good facts behind the theory of it being brought back. Now, the translations from the UK site, they were very accurate on what was said, so it isn't like you can't trust it, but it brings up a good point. Also, like said, Kanto was and is a vital part to the game, so seeing it brought back wouldn't be a surprise.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Yeah, had to edit that part as "leaked" wasn't the right word to use. However, the map shown extends too far East for it not to include Kanto. Not to mention, Route 22 shouldn't be shown for appeal as it would give off false advertisement for the game. This one route connected Johto and Viridian City together, and usually what the Sugimori maps provide is what is brought into the games [or so it has been for quite some time now]. The art of the map included the Magnet Train, which is only used for travel through Goldenrod to Kanto, so for it to be shown it only refers that it'll be brought back keeping its own use like the original GSC games. So, for it to include the Tohjo Falls and Route 22 so far East would only bring attention to having Kanto brought in.

Here, at the community in the map thread it has even been pointed out and gives good facts behind the theory of it being brought back. Now, the translations from the UK site, they were very accurate on what was said, so it isn't like you can't trust it, but it brings up a good point. Also, like said, Kanto was and is a vital part to the game, so seeing it brought back wouldn't be a surprise.

I don't really know what to say about the map thing :/ It can really go either way, again, they are not going to deny that Kanto exists :/ Think about the future generations, the Pokemon world is roughly based off of Japan, they have run out of the major islands (Hokkaido = Sinnoh, Kyushu = Hoenn, and then Johto and Kanto = (part of) Honshu) Any future generations are almost going to have to be taking place on Honshu as well. One thing that you can see when looking at Johto, is that a small little part of it touches on where Shikoku would be in Japan based on where it is. Does that mean that the future generation that takes place on (probably a mix of) Shikoku/Chugoku MUST be connected to Johto, which in turn is connected to Kanto, so that game MUST have all three regions in it? :/ Just because something is on the map, doesn't mean that they are going to deny that it's there. It doesn't say much about availability during gameplay :P As far as the accuracy goes, how do you know that they are deadly accurate?
    pkmn.net article said:
    Arceus! - There's certainly some sort of Arceus event within the game, which includes an appearance from Cynthia of D/P/Pt fame. This is unconfirmed, but it's rumoured trading a future event Arceus onto the game will unlock Level 1 version of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.
    According to them, it is only a rumor!! ... that took some good translating, it says it right in the scan Dialga, Palkia and Giratina :/

Years
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.
    Just seeing this picture really want's me to play this game, this should really do well, so many memories were flushed back from this picutre.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Female Rocket Grunt has blue hair but in the art her hair is pink right?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The Ecruteak Gym looks like a Battle Tent. That isn't a good thing.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well to be exact the design/color scheme of each gym matches the type of pokemon it is known for. For example, the gym has that purple lining because it holds ghost type pokemon and in the distance the mahogany town gym is light blue for the the ice type pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Female Rocket Grunt has blue hair but in the art her hair is pink right?

It is true that in the scans the Team Rocket grunts were given pink-like hair. So, either in the game it is altered a bit, or this sprite has something of a more importance to the game. Whichever it is, we may find out later as the basic plot of the game begins to unravel itself after ten years since the originals.

The Ecruteak Gym looks like a Battle Tent. That isn't a good thing.

Like said, they are gyms with a new structure and their own color to match their type. I wouldn't consider this a bad change at all, because it is something new. GameFreak tried to achieve something that wasn't done to other gyms in past games. Plus, it is kind of a benefit to the players, because if they may have forgotten what type the Gym Leader is, at least the represented color would give off an instant clue.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    ZOMG!
    HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

[AGELIMIT]15 years old people...[/AGELIMIT]
    I SWEAR I C*ME 32478234 times!

I WANT THEM NOW!

I'M SO F*CKING EXCITED!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wow, you seem excited ^_^ haha lol

I freaked out to when I saw that :P

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • ...gasp gasp. Johto is so beautiful! The only thing i hate is that Goldenrod City is apparently more spaced out, and in the concept art the buildings seem to be shorter and more spread apart (taking from the whole metropolitan feel), like the GTS tower on its own little platform. They really could have done like Pokemon Crystal for Japan and replaced the Pokemon Center with a trade center, but kudos to originality. The gyms look poofy :). I personally think the area west of Cianwood City is Pal Park, and north of Route 40 is a new battle frontier, because the battle tower was there in Crystal. The biggest image so far i think is on bulbapedia. I was wondering if anyone found a Contest Hall in Johto. Since RSE that's always been an additive for games, and the only reason to return to Johto in the anime. Nothing in particular jumped out at me in Goldenrod City... oh, and the mysterious slab of land west of the National Park... could it be a port area? That is truly a mystery...

The best part is, nowadays with the new 3D graphics in Pokemon, the game maps don't deviate much from the art. So the map will pretty much be the same in the game. I just hope the concept art of Ecruteak City stays the same--those little red Asiatic lanterns get me...

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • So you can have any pokemon following you If so that is awesome i would just leave a spot in my team for the pokemon i think are just cute like poliwag Charmander and cute pokemon like that

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yep its been confirmed and everything. I hope you can still have them following you in Wifi terminals.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTHER POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU!!!!!

EVEN BIG ONES LIKE STEELIX!!!!

i wonder if legendaries can?

this game will by far be (dare I say it?) better than the originals!

Back