• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    This game's gonna have such awesome graphics. Oooh, Lily, I hadn't seen those pictures before! I agree about Bugsy's gym, that looks so awesome!

Years
    This game's gonna have such awesome graphics. Oooh, Lily, I hadn't seen those pictures before! I agree about Bugsy's gym, that looks so awesome!

I'm happy I was able to post them. :) (They were on the official site.) It does look so awesome! It looks like it's autumny in there, too! I love the look of the leaves on the ground. :D (Autumny-new word I just made up, because Fally would just sound stupid.) (Autumn is my favorite season. ^_^)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    These pictures came from the official website, so it's the website update discussion thread it goes.

But interesting - they went back to the old Silver sprite? Hmm... that was the first version they showed, and then this one appeared:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

I'm unsure if this one had been on the website though. Fact that it is exactly the same as the previous (Pokeball still upside down, probably due to being part of an animation) seems to suggest that, to me. Either way - that pic ain't new. =P

Pretty sure this is the current sprite and the one in the site is the outdated one. You can tell cos Gold has his old backsprite (check his bangs)

glow.ForEveR

wut is this i dont even
    Years
    O.O I dont think ive ever been this excited for a pokemon game yet.

I cant explain it. Not to say i wasnt excited for the other ones, and im more excited about this than FrLg and i started playing pokemon with red version.
    Its just a good feeling, I really am super excited ^_^!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    Haha! love the Entei sprite!
    Thanks for posting this. Had no idea there was a site O_O
    And i definitely think they will use the newer gold sprite, the one without the ball on the hat, longer hair and a bigger bag because its newer than the other one..if ur following me..
    I hope they use the 2nd sprite of silver that we saw. It suits him a LOT more

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    These pictures came from the official website, so it's the website update discussion thread it goes.

But interesting - they went back to the old Silver sprite? Hmm... that was the first version they showed, and then this one appeared:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

I'm unsure if this one had been on the website though. Fact that it is exactly the same as the previous (Pokeball still upside down, probably due to being part of an animation) seems to suggest that, to me. Either way - that pic ain't new. =P

They never changed the picture for the rival on the official site. It still has Gold's old backsprite with the pokeball logo on his hat and the really nasty looking hair thing infront of his cap.
    That one with silver looking closer to the official art should still be the newest version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I actually dont like the graphics there, they look all 3D and smoothened out which do not match the people at all. I hate it when they do 3D indoors...(like the escalators in the pokemon centre that stood out like a sore thumb)

Years
    Yeah she won't complete the rocket's demands as a customer.

What does that even mean? What? She won't dance for him or something? He wants to force her to do a dance? It seems very odd, but a little funny. I wonder how this story goes....

As for Bugsy's gym, it reminds me so much of Spider-man. (Because of Cyndaquil's flames on a moving Spinarak.) It just looks so cute. It appears to be a puzzle. We might have to move the pieces around so they could all reach the middle.

Whitney's gym reminds me of a Pokemon contest. I like the flooring pattern.

I like the dance studio, but it looks like the picture is jpeg'd. I still like it though. The Rocket Grunt being there is intriguing.

Kiryu

Zuko ftw *shot*
    Years
    why does the rival have 2 have red hair?

i wish there was no pokeball logo on the hate though....wats the link to the site? (im too blind/lazy to look for it)

Back