• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sceptilerancher

PokeGangsta
Years
  • lol its been a while since i was on these forums, and i just downloaded blizzy's RMXP starter kit and i have NO idea how to change anything, can anyone give me a tut or sumthin?:P im such a n00b...

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    Does anyone know how to change the fonts in RMXP? I tried changing the script in "Main" but it ended up giving me no font in game.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • Hey just got a quick question for anyone with scripting knowledge.
    How would i make it that it you stand on a point it heals you (Not the defult on either as there is more to this) I need it that it will detect if your party has full health,(as it is 9 squares in a box) so i dont want it to everytime i walk over them to say "Youre party is fully healed", i only want that once and that every other time it dosent, unless youre party is damaged.

Hope that makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2007
    Hello everyone!

I already posted this question but it never got answered so Im going to ask it again:

Im new to rpg maker xp and new to making a pokemon game, so I downloaded blizzy's starter kit. Now I know this sounds really stupid, but how do you add the stuff to the character's menu when you first start it? Blizzy, in the notes in the event, says, "Add Pokedex in menu, add pokemon in menu, and add pokegear in menu." How do I do this? Thank you anyone who can help me.

fightingdreamer

What a drag.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    ok heres the deal im a TOTAL rm2k3 nooob (thats right 3!!! o's) so i need alot of chipsets for johto like the new ones though not game boy color and also a pokemon cathing system apokemon storing system and a pokemon battle system
    sorry for being such a nooob and hope this isnt much trouble THANX IN ADVANCE

Zeno_the_dark_one

Snorlax obsesed
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2008
    does anyone have yugioh gx chipsets of the main characters and supporting characters and random people and charsets of duel acadamy?

exteradude

try https://www.charas-project.net/resources.php search for "Yugioh" and you'll find a couple of things.

Oh yeah, and does anybody have any Code Lyoko resources for RPG Maker 2003?

EDIT:

fightingdreamer said:
    ok heres the deal im a TOTAL rm2k3 nooob (thats right 3!!! o's) so i need alot of chipsets for johto like the new ones though not game boy color and also a pokemon cathing system apokemon storing system and a pokemon battle system
    sorry for being such a nooob and hope this isnt much trouble THANX IN ADVANCE

NO, NO, NO!!!! NO ASKING FOR A POKEMON CATCHING SYSTEM, A POKEMON CBS, OR A STORAGE SYSTEM!!!!! Read the first post, wontcha?

Try www.charas-project.net/resources.php and search for "Pokemon."

Last edited:

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I think this is like the third time i am asking this here
    does anyone know how to change the font color?

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • For all those wanting to change the font colour, its simple.
    Goto WINDOW_BASE and where it says font colour, (heres the hard part)
    Change the RGB numers.

WOW now that was hard to do wasnt it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    How come sometimes I'm allowed to choose the background colour when I import images and sometimes I can't?

fightingdreamer

What a drag.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    don't know if this is against the rules but..
    can someone tell me how to put the font in a game for rm2k3 thanx in advance

Yumago

Santa Claws
    Years
  • *Note to the mod who closed my other topic: The link to the help & requests thread in the 'subforum rules' topic was locked, so I posted there instead. Because of your rules not to allow people with less than 15 posts to post URL's ( stops Bot advertising I suppose) I can't post the links to show it.

A few questions about RPGXP and making a pokémon game for it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I'm new here and I tend to stick around places like forums. I found out about RPGXP a few weeks ago, so my experience is rather limited. I have asked a few questions at similar forums, but they didn't really seem to care about it, so here I am.

*Remember that these are about RPGXP

-The issue of player transferring

Whenever I transfer a player to a new map, the map is centered at the the center of that map, not the actual entrance of my cave, etc. (which happens to be located at some random corner. . I've seen scroll events, etc. But nothing that controls this. How can I fix it so that the maps will be (automatically) centered wherever my character appears.

-Item deletion

An item placed on the map by using an event can be picked up multiple times, using 'erase event' will remove it as long as you are in that region, returning will have it reappear. Is there a way to do it without switches? Because making a thousand of switches for all items scattered throughout my game seems rather ridiculous.

-Why can I see 1/2 pixel(s) of my characters feet when he walks behind a priority 5 object?

-General scripting questions

I have found several tutorials on how to get started at Ruby, but RPGXP has a load of objects that are not shown in a help file or something; You're just left alone in the dark, tripping over your own feet. Where can I find a good tutorial regarding RGPXP scripting?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    woah, ok... have to start somewhere xD
    1. I really dont know, i think you should just put a move your cave so its not near the edge of the map.

2. Its either make a fairly advanced script that checks if your player has that certain item(you could put it in his party with a code that makes it stand out to scripts) and if he does then it doesnt show up... Or. you could stop being lazy and just make a switch. it literally takes about 10 seconds...

3. Because... if you put a priority on something, it means that when your character walks into it, it goes under it instead of over it. if you want him to go over it, just turn the priority OFF.

4.try going to RPG Maker XP.net Forums.... and there should be a very good tut called RGSS for beginners.

Yumago

Santa Claws
    Years
  • Problem 1 has already been fixed :P (forgot to edit the post).

I just wanted to know wether there was an easier way to do it, because a few hundred of switches just for some random items is quite a lot.

I want my character to go under it, perhaps I haven't been clear enough. Pity I can't show a direct link because of this bot protection (I don't have 15 posts and I think that spamming my way up to 15 won't really give me a good reputation) Just do some manual editing on this URL to make it work (remove all the spaces and then just paste it in your address bar)

htt p://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/FrancisErrant/Pokmon1.png

And thanks for the link :) .

Last edited:

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Lol.Maybe you made your character 1 pixel too high. or maybe you set that colour as an invisible colour or something....

and depends what you want to make a movie with... if its on computer then use like 3DS Max or a screen recorder

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    Yumago said:
    Problem 1 has already been fixed :P (forgot to edit the post).

I just wanted to know wether there was an easier way to do it, because a few hundred of switches just for some random items is quite a lot.

I want my character to go under it, perhaps I haven't been clear enough. Pity I can't show a direct link because of this bot protection (I don't have 15 posts and I think that spamming my way up to 15 won't really give me a good reputation) Just do some manual editing on this URL to make it work (remove all the spaces and then just paste it in your address bar)

htt p://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/FrancisErrant/Pokmon1.png

And thanks for the link :) .
    That can be easily fixed put the ENTIRE on the third layer

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back