• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
  • Hey, its me :bandit:

Can someone link me to a tutorial saying how you change the start menu to make it like the pokemon 1ns and\or a tutorial saying how to make the battlesystems look like the pokemon 1ns ty

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Fad Renholikop?

Hey, I'm just wondering how I would get a Pokemon to use an attack for RM2k/RM2k3? I'm making *cough*tryingtomakebutnotgettingveryfar*cough* a CBS and the only thing that is preventing me from doing so is the fact I can't get the Pokemon to use more than one attack. :(

I hope this abides by the rules of this thread... if not, can I be directed to somewhere where I can receive assistance? Thanks. :D

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
  • Hey, my computer cannot play midi's/mids so the ingame music is silent...is there something I need to play them?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    reekingofrandomness said:
    Does anyone have an overall overworld of Johto/Kanto from the original gold and silver.

I used to have one but i canne find it....
    I don't really understand what you're talking about.
    Are you asking if someone has a charset of the main characters of Gold and Silver?
    Please clarify.

Ultima Shadow said:
    Hey, I'm just wondering how I would get a Pokemon to use an attack for RM2k/RM2k3? I'm making *cough*tryingtomakebutnotgettingveryfar*cough* a CBS and the only thing that is preventing me from doing so is the fact I can't get the Pokemon to use more than one attack. :(

I hope this abides by the rules of this thread... if not, can I be directed to somewhere where I can receive assistance? Thanks. :D
    I don't really understand what you're talking about either.
    Are you working on your own CBS and are asking how you should go around
    implementing more than 4 attacks, or are you using the DBS?
    Please clarify.

tiger778 said:
    Hey, my computer cannot play midi's/mids so the ingame music is silent...is there something I need to play them?
    Do other music files work when playing a game? What maker are you currently using? Please give more information.
    It would be greatly appreciated.

Personally I think that one of the reasons that this thread's been getting less
    replies is because most people tend to go to the various subforums.

Anyway, I'll do my best to be of help. Thankyou for your time.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    tiger778 said:
    Im using Rpgxp, Other formats work just mid,midi, my music players are winamp and
    media player
    I don't see the need of having a music player. I do my game projects on another computer;
    and I've erased everything that isn't related to game making on it.

Sorry, I can't answer your question.

reekingofrandomness said:
    You know like a total map. Like the one you got in the strategy guide. So the layout of the game...
    If I'm understanding properly, try www.vgmaps.com ; or download a rom and check
    out the maps through there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2006
    Hi guys. I don't know if I'm in the good thread, whatever.

I just want to know if anyone have a Jungle tileset with the same style as the GBA games of Pokemon and the Interior of a Temple with the same style of the GBA games. I really need them if someone is having it.

Thanks in advance.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    These are chipsets from RM2k3kid's Pokemon Liquid.

The closest thing I could find to a jungle were his Safari Zone chips.

Please give credit where due, and hope I was of some help.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • problems

i got a little problem.
    I am using RM2k, you know that there is a folder there called "Title" right?
    I tried making my custom title, but when I tried a test run, it said illegal file format. What does that mean?

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • GymLeaderLance99 said:
    Does anyone know how to convert an RMXP charset back to an RM2K3-style one? And please don't forget my other question, which was about how I'd be able to make an event like the "push the boulder into the hole" thing from G/S/C. :(
    Reposting my forgotten request...

Dragetre

Creator of PCA
    Years
  • Alright. I need some help.

Here is some information on what game I am making:
    I am using RPG Maker XP to create a game called Pokemon Crystal Aurora which is a remake of the original Crystal version but with some new additions. It has been in production since June of 2005. I am currently looking throughout RPG XP and I need some help.

Here are my questions:

1.) I have some maps that are tiled from my friends. They used tilesets from FRLG. Now that I have the maps, they still have the tiles in them. So my question is, "When putting the tiles together, do I fill in the lines for the maps, or do I just connect the tiles together so there are no white lines separating them?"

2.) Another question about my maps. This is the one that I really really need answered. I have maps that have tileset sizes from the GBA games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, etc), however, the tiles that the characters walk on in RPGXP are bigger. "Is there any way to decrease or customize the sizes of the tiles on RPG Maker XP?"

Please respond!
    -Dragetre.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    i got a little problem.
    I am using RM2k, you know that there is a folder there called "Title" right?
    I tried making my custom title, but when I tried a test run, it said illegal file format. What does that mean?
    It means that the you're custom title's file format (eg. .bmp .png) isn't one that RM2K is compatible with. .png s should work, but they again checking the help file wouldn't hurt.

GymLeaderLance99 said:
    Does anyone know how to convert an RMXP charset back to an RM2K3-style one? And please don't forget my other question. :(
    Well, I don't remember the exact size of an RM2K3 charset, but if you have a paint program that can resize your image, input the measurements and resize.
    Also, you might not want to "smoothen" your image when resizing, so choose carefully.
    I'd recommend Graphics Gale, if you're looking for something free and easy to use.

Dragetre said:
    Alright. I need some help.

Here is some information on what game I am making:
    I am using RPG Maker XP to create a game called Pokemon Crystal Aurora which is a remake of the original Crystal version but with some new additions. It has been in production since June of 2005. I am currently looking throughout RPG XP and I need some help.

Here are my questions:

1.) I have some maps that are tiled from my friends. They used tilesets from FRLG. Now that I have the maps, they still have the tiles in them. So my question is, "When putting the tiles together, do I fill in the lines for the maps, or do I just connect the tiles together so there are no white lines separating them?"

2.) Another question about my maps. This is the one that I really really need answered. I have maps that have tileset sizes from the GBA games (Fire Red, Leaf Green, etc), however, the tiles that the characters walk on in RPGXP are bigger. "Is there any way to decrease or customize the sizes of the tiles on RPG Maker XP?"

Please respond!
    -Dragetre.
    Regarding question 1: I don't get what you're talking about. Please clarify.

Regarding question 2: (If I'm understanding correctly) No. You have to change the original tileset to fit RPGXP. (unless you're willing to risk lag)

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • Dragetre said:

Please respond!
    -Dragetre.
    Fanha99 at rmxp.net/forums rewrote class Tilemap,
    which lets you zoom on the map.
    but the result would be laggy as hell,
    no matter how good your pc is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back