• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    i get an error when i try open the menu (ill post the exact one up a bit later though, its on another computer)

instead, i have 5 more solvable questions related to poccil's starter kit;
    1) hot the hell do i make new trainers?! ive tried messing with the trainers.DAT, but its all in some weired hashes and symbols.
    2)how can i set MORE that 1 male and female main characters?
    3) Or, if possable, can i set them with the actors in the database?
    4)in the Enhanced Starter kit, you can set the pokeball throw animations in the database, is this possable with poccil's starter kit?
    5)if i can, can i set animations for trainers aswell?
    1. Edit the Trainers.txt in the PBS folder, or use the Editor.exe (easier).
    2. Use the Editor.exe.
    3. No.
    4. Edit the trbackXXX.png images in Graphics/Pictures.
    5. Not without making script edits.

When I try to open a project on RPGMakerXP I get message saying "Failed to Load Actor Data" How do I fix this?

Copy and paste the Actors.rxdata from a working project into the Data folder?

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • thanks wichu!
    new problem (hate me if you will, i are but just a noob);
    when i try make a bridge, its 4 tiles long. fine fo my game, but when i walk on it using the pbbridge thing, he cant move up or down on the left/right bridge, even though it has room for... 2 lanes, shall we say. i've tried using all kinds of things, but it still does it.
    helps?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I'm quite desperate, here..... >_<

Could someone PLEEEEEEEEEZ direct me to a site that teaches Sphere scripting? The damned tutorials that came with it don't do a whole lot for a guy whose worst subject happens to be algebra, and I REALLY want to learn how to go about battle scripting - which the aforementioned tutorials don't apparently cover.

I want to have some work done on Pokemon Orange on my own before I start looking for a development team, kinda' like how Wichu's going about Amethyst.

Den

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    1. Edit the Trainers.txt in the PBS folder, or use the Editor.exe (easier).
    2. Use the Editor.exe.
    3. No.
    4. Edit the trbackXXX.png images in Graphics/Pictures.
    5. Not without making script edits.

Copy and paste the Actors.rxdata from a working project into the Data folder?

I tried doing that but I still get the message.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • i still would appreciate this!!

Honestly, you're asking for way too much. Short of someone coming up with special tech to invade your brain andc plant the necessary skills there, you aren't going to learn to do this overnight. There are tutorials all ofver the place on how to sprite, from beginner's basics to the advanced stuff. If the Nintendo Forums were still open, there would be even more. It takes a long time to learn to sprite properly, much less imitate the style used in Pokemon. First off, you're got to start simple, with "recolors". That's just changing the sprite to another set of colors. (And you have to do it pixel by pixel, or you aren't learning anything!) This teaches you about colors, shades, and what kind of colors to use in a Pokemon sprite. (And remember, you need to desaturate it at least a little, or it burns your retinas) Then, you can work on what is called a "mutation". Simply put, it is where you combine pieces of different sprites to make something new. This teaches you about the shape and form of Pokemon sprites. Next, try tracing something, and then giving it a much more limited set of colors. My avatar is an example of that. This is just another step along the way. After that, you're pretty much on your own. Youj can't really learn much more from others.

Recolor Examples:

Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests

Mutation Examples:

Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests

What is called a "Revamp" or "Devamp":

Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests
    Help and Requests

Help and Requests

Tracing:

Help and Requests

Just for fun:

Help and Requests

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
  • will anybody exellent at spriting be interested in being my Fakemon Spriter For Pokemon Aura Stone

Please P.M. your work if you want to apply

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Out of curiosity, I have two questions about RPG Maker XP...

1) Is there any way to get a .png image file of an entire map?
    2) How do you fix the glitch where the player is invisible? (This one's really bugging me >.<)

Glitchfinder

Years
  • Out of curiosity, I have two questions about RPG Maker XP...

1) Is there any way to get a .png image file of an entire map?
    2) How do you fix the glitch where the player is invisible? (This one's really bugging me >.<)

1) Try the "Map Image Maker" script in the Script Analysis section at RMXP.org
    2) If you're using Poccil's kit, then I assume you skipped the intro bit, which gives you a character. Otherwise, it just means that you either have no actor in your party, or you need to set the graphic for the first actor in the party.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    1) Try the "Map Image Maker" script in the Script Analysis section at RMXP.org
    2) If you're using Poccil's kit, then I assume you skipped the intro bit, which gives you a character. Otherwise, it just means that you either have no actor in your party, or you need to set the graphic for the first actor in the party.

1) I tried that, and it works great on my smaller maps. :) But I have some huge - and I mean friggen COLOSSAL, 220x250 in RMXP and 7040x8000 bitwise - maps, and I think they might be too big for the Map Image Maker to handle. :( Stinks really, but maybe I should tone down on size...

2) Hmm...I have the intro still there, but the rest of the stuff I deleted, all I have now is the map, and it used to be working but all of a sudden the intro cut out, as did the character, which would make sense then. If you PM me, I could give you a link to the RMXP file and you could look, but I don't know how much that would help.

Glitchfinder

Years
  • 1) I tried that, and it works great on my smaller maps. :) But I have some huge - and I mean friggen COLOSSAL, 220x250 in RMXP and 7040x8000 bitwise - maps, and I think they might be too big for the Map Image Maker to handle. :( Stinks really, but maybe I should tone down on size...

2) Hmm...I have the intro still there, but the rest of the stuff I deleted, all I have now is the map, and it used to be working but all of a sudden the intro cut out, as did the character, which would make sense then. If you PM me, I could give you a link to the RMXP file and you could look, but I don't know how much that would help.

If you're using Pokemon Essentials, then there was a map that you shouldn't have deleted, that held the intro. I'm not sure about newer versions, but it used to be named something to the effect of "Do not Delete!". Also, you would have the same problem if you moved the starting position off of that map, even if you didn't delete it.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    If you're using Pokemon Essentials, then there was a map that you shouldn't have deleted, that held the intro. I'm not sure about newer versions, but it used to be named something to the effect of "Do not Delete!". Also, you would have the same problem if you moved the starting position off of that map, even if you didn't delete it.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks a ton!

I'll see if I can fix it up.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    JJMcay: Wichu has a Sprite Tutorial Thread in the Spriting section, but you'd be under the assumption that you can draw well enough beforehand.

I'm quite desperate, here..... >_<

Could someone PLEEEEEEEEEZ direct me to a site that teaches Sphere scripting? The damned tutorials that came with it don't do a whole lot for a guy whose worst subject happens to be algebra, and I REALLY want to learn how to go about battle scripting - which the aforementioned tutorials don't apparently cover.

I want to have some work done on Pokemon Orange on my own before I start looking for a development team, kinda' like how Wichu's going about Amethyst.
    Really sorry to bring this up again after a day, but I must emphasize JUST how desperate I am.... :/

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Questions about RMXP and Poccil's Kit:

1. How do I make lights in houses turn on at night time.
    2. How do I make the Pokédex like the one below (not including the bottom screen)?
    Spoiler:

3. Has anyone got the Diamon/Pearl summary screens for use in RMXP?

Please and Thank-you in advance.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Does anyone know if there's a way I can edit my Pokedex script to show a Pokemon's sprite in black and white?

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • Questions about RMXP and Poccil's Kit:

1. How do I make lights in houses turn on at night time.
    2. How do I make the Pokédex like the one below (not including the bottom screen)?
    Spoiler:

3. Has anyone got the Diamon/Pearl summary screens for use in RMXP?

Please and Thank-you in advance.

pokemon Diamond and pearl Summary Screen

now for my question, how do i set a rival, and how do i call his name in an event textbox?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Does anyone know if there's a way I can edit my Pokedex script to show a Pokemon's sprite in black and white?

In the PokemonPokedex script, find this line:
    Code:
    @sprites["icon"]=IconSprite.new(80,80,@viewport)
    Directly underneath it, add this line:
    Code:
    @sprites["icon"].tone.gray=255
    This will make the sprite greyscale. Change the number for different degrees of greyness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back