• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
Oh!That!
Oh and Dash..I mean, The Dash..could you pm me the link to Blizzy's Starter Kit thread?

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Well, I use Game Maker version 6.1. If anyone is really good at this and/or has AIM or AOL, please contact me. I need help tremendously! :D Thanks.

~Pro~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Okay, I got a little problem. When I playtest the game, there's an error on line 53 of the resolution script.

Here's the section of script that RMXP is spazzing about:

@tilemap.tileset = RPG::Cache.tileset($game_map.tileset_name)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I have a problem people. You when we enter in a certain place in Pokemon Games? It says on top left of the screen ex: Azalea Town. How do we put that in a RPG Maker XP Pokemon game?

That's done easily. After entering the map, with the same event, put a picture of the thing and remove it after a few frames.

SOmething like this:

<>Teleport: Azalea Town
<>Show Picture: 1, 'Azalea Town' (The window), Upper-Left Pixel (4,0) (100%,100%), 255, Normal
<>Wait: 20 Frames
<>Erase Picture: 1

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Gregora: can you give the specific error message that pops up?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Is there anyway to make variables created in a script available to events?

Yep. "Event variables" (the ones like 0001, 0043, etc...) are actually RGSS variables, so you can use the following to call them:

Code:
$game_variables[var_id]

So if you created this little code here:

Code:
@my_name = "Azura"

And want it to be available to your event, just make something like this:

Code:
$game_variables[1] = @my_name

Then, "event" variable 0001 will contain "@my_name"'s value. You can use any number, not only 1... but I guess you got it already.

~Azura.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Another Recouring problem x___x Just wondering how to get the text to appear. It's not showing up anymore o.o
What do you mean by the text isn't appearing? Is it just the Text or the text box as well? Check and see if you have any custom scripts that could be causing this. Also, does it occur in other RMXP games as well? If so then it could be a problem with your installation.

I think I know what he means.. is the background of your text box white? if so, then its simple. RMXP's default font is white.. it blends right in with the text box background.

Two ways of fixing it.
Without editing scripts just put \c[x] in front of the message. x is a number between 0 and 7. example '\c[3]Hello, welcome to my palace.' That would display a green tinted font and that is only if the colours haven't been edited in the scripts.

With editing the scripts, just go into the Script Editor (Press F11) then go to Window_Base. Now go to line 64 or the line that says..

Code:
  def normal_color
    return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
  end

and change it to something like this...

Code:
  def normal_color
    return Color.new(0, 0, 0, 255)
  end

That would change the colour of your default font to black.

If its not to do with the text box background, please disregard all of that.

Last edited:

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
Years
Thanks, Azura! Now, is it possible to call the variables by their name? Like, if Event Variable is named var1, is it possible to call an event like $game_variable['var1'] instead of using the id number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back