• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I have too many problems with the window's new size, so I'll just use the normal one.

I need help in this, because I don't know how to do it in RMXP:
*When you start the game, the screen is black, then it fades into Picture 1.
*It fades into black again, then comes into the title screen (Picture 2)
*The title screen doesn't have the window with "New Game", etc. It will say PRESS ENTER (in the picture) and wait until you do so.
*When you do, the screen that would normally come up when you put Continue appears instantly.

That's everything. I already took care about starting a new game when an empty file is recognized. I know it's a lot, but I've seen it in many games so I'd like to know how to do it...

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Spoiler:

I just made that script for you... I think it matches your description, but possibly you'll be able to edit it yourself. You can put as many pictures you want, and the last one won't fade out until you press C, Enter or any confirm button. Also, the pictures should be in Title folder.

To initialize it, go to Main and edit the following line:

Code:
$scene = Scene_Title.new

Change it to:

Code:
$scene = Scene_Intro.new

And there you go.

I haven't had the time to test this properly... I made it in like 10 minutes, so if you find any bug, tell me so I can fix.

~Azura.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
You missed one thing I already corrected. The 'real' title screen should not appear in the game, so I had to redirect it to the Continue screen and play the TItle Music since the beginning.

Thank you for your help.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I couldn't understand, in your last post, when you said something about Continue screen, so I just ignored it =)

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
I couldn't understand, in your last post, when you said something about Continue screen, so I just ignored it =)

I'm pretty sure Shiny Umbreon meant that instead of leading to the preprogrammed title screen, it would lead to a Pokemon-esque title screen. (With the options "New Game" etc arranged like in the GBA versions, after the intro images and the "Press Start" screen)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I'm pretty sure Shiny Umbreon meant that instead of leading to the preprogrammed title screen, it would lead to a Pokemon-esque title screen. (With the options "New Game" etc arranged like in the GBA versions, after the intro images and the "Press Start" screen)

I think he meant that, if you have a saved file, the game goes straight to Continue screen. If not, the game automatically starts.

Charizard EX said:
I am new to RPG maker XP, So, I need to know where can I find Pokemon Runtime Package. Please give me a link.

And what would be this Pokemon Runtime Package?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I think he meant that, if you have a saved file, the game goes straight to Continue screen. If not, the game automatically starts.

I meant that you'll never see the premade title screen. After the pictures, you'll go to Scene_Load (That's what I meant with Continue screen) and if a file doesn't exist, it will start a new game.

EDIT: Problem fixed.

By the way, this is not a Pokémon game.

Last edited:

Legacy

The Living Legend
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Does anyone have or know where I can find the berry plants in their different stages from Ruby/Sapphire in the form of a charset?

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
Does anyone have or know where I can find the berry plants in their different stages from Ruby/Sapphire in the form of a charset?
You could take them from a Ruby/Sapphire ROM with Overworld Editor or Tile Layer Pro.

I want to know if there's a way so the game won't let you save in File 4 (I have my reasons) and that instead of "File 4", it said "New File". Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Thunda: you must click with both left and right mouse buttons on the background color.

Krishnan

Betrayer..........
Years
Or it's your first time using RMXP and you don't know how to make the charsets. Ask Avatar for his charsets, they are cool!

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
If that can't be done, is there a way to delete saved files during the game?

Well, I'm pretty sure every save file is saved as a seperate file in the game directory, so you can probably just delete the files that hold the save file's information. (I just checked, and yes, it DOES do that. Look for "Save4.sav" for the foruth save file)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back