• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
He said during the game, so I guess he wants to delete the file somehow using scripts, which I don't know if can be done. You can save a file and load it, but don't know anything about deleting it.

However, yes, it is possible to prevent player from saving on slot 4, or any other slot. You'll just need to modify Scene_File.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
He said during the game, so I guess he wants to delete the file somehow using scripts, which I don't know if can be done. You can save a file and load it, but don't know anything about deleting it.

However, yes, it is possible to prevent player from saving on slot 4, or any other slot. You'll just need to modify Scene_File.

I meant that you can't save on File 4, but you can select File 4. I guess it's too difficult, anyway, so I'll just make some way you can start a new game from the game, and it will be OK.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
YET ANOTHER QUESTION...In my game, when you choose an empty file, it will start a new game. Is it possible that the number of the selected file is "remembered" so when you save the game it only saves in that same file?

Years
Most of my charsets are custom. Very few of them are rips and/or extended sheets of characters that only had regular walk animations.

I do have a complete archive of FR/LG charsets in RMXP format. These were ripped by Fangking Omega.
RMXP Charsets

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
I have two questions. First, does anyone know where I can find sprites, monsters, characters, tilesets, etc. for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past? Second, does anyone know how I could edit one of the map screen scripts so that everything zooms out to 50% of the image size in RPG Maker XP?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
I have two questions. First, does anyone know where I can find sprites, monsters, characters, tilesets, etc. for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past? Second, does anyone know how I could edit one of the map screen scripts so that everything zooms out to 50% of the image size in RPG Maker XP?

Some posts before, Azura posted a script to make the window bigger. Just edit it to make it smaller. The thing is that you'll need to change the windows' sizes to the half and the font, too. It is very complicated, so I left that idea for my game.

A question:

In the "Load file" screen in RMXP, is it possible that when you choose a file, the game will 'remember' the number of file you chose so it only lets you save in that same file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I've got a question; when you are tiling in RMXP, how do you get rid of the white backround? Like to make it see-through.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Well it depends, what do you want to see through to?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Some posts before, Azura posted a script to make the window bigger. Just edit it to make it smaller. The thing is that you'll need to change the windows' sizes to the half and the font, too. It is very complicated, so I left that idea for my game.
Actually, that's not what I was after. I know how to change the window size, and that's actually pretty easy for me. What I need to know is how to make the game zoom out on the sprites and tiles etc. when displaying the map while you walk around. (Hopefully to 50% their actual size) Does anyone know how to do that?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Can someone tell me what's the font used in the banner above? It's like, everywhere, and I can't find it.

@Shiny Umbreon: if you tell me how it will work like, I can do a script for saving in one slot only. Just give me the informations, such as if it will be in RMXP default style, etc.

@Glitchfinder: I do have a good number of charsets and a tileset that seems complete, from Zelda: A Link To The Past. However, the tileset is 2.5mb, so I can't host it anywhere. If you add me on msn, I can send it to you.

~Azura.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
Can someone please give me the code for making an event where: When you enter in a place, the place's name appear on the top-left of the screen?

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
Years
You mean like the Pokemon games? I remember seeing that somewhere, but I'm not sure. *starts searching through files*

Oh, and ~Azura, if you can send me the file, I can host it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back