• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
  • Thanks.

How come /PN won't work, nor will the other way for it to say the players name...

Also, when I exit my house, the screen turns black. It should have turned back to normal...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Could someone give me a list of the new attacks, items and abilities in D/P, in the order they are coded into the actual game?

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    To:legend of awesome
    /PN doesnt work because its
    \PN
    u use the backslash above the enter button

To:wichu
    open the PBS folder
    open moves.txt
    for a list of the moves
    u also modify n add moves from here

open items.txt
    for a list of items
    u also modify n add items from here

open abilities.txt
    for a list of abilities
    u also modify n add abilities from here

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    -_-
    Yes, I know you can edit and add moves etc by editing the .txt files.
    It would be a good answer if the Starter Kit didn't only go up to 3rd Gen.
    However, I'm looking for the moves, items and abilities that were added in Diamond and Pearl so I can add them to my game.

On a lighter note, the Toxic Spikes in my game are working perfectly! ^_^
    Still have loads of effects left to do though...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Those are in alphabetical, I need them in the order they are in the game. Sorry.

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
  • Is there a script to take pictures and it saves them? I wanna make a Pokemon snap like game, except you are helping a professor find new pokemon and are taking photos for him...and it saves them?

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    i think that would be horrible in rmxp

rmxp is for rpgs not things like pokemon snap

i say snap would best be made from scratch,or gamemaker

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • Problems with editing Tilesets

Im using Graphicsgale to edit the Tilesets and when I try to add to the tileset the backround wont work right. The backround will not go transparent. I tried all I could but it didnt work. Any help ?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Im using Graphicsgale to edit the Tilesets and when I try to add to the tileset the backround wont work right. The backround will not go transparent. I tried all I could but it didnt work. Any help ?

Well, you could've asked in the help and request thread, which is specifically for questions like this. All you have to do is left click on the transparent color and right click on the semitransparent color when you load the tileset into RMXP.

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
  • What exactly are parallel process'? Like, what does it do?

How can I make it so an event starts when you step on one place, but the event is on another spot?

Atomic Reactor

parallel process, i believe, does the event while your doing your own thing.
    so you could be walking around while osmeone speaks. im not sure though. somebody correct me if im wrong.

and for your other question, it depends.
    to make an event happen when you step somewhere, do a "player touch" trigger.
    and to make the event somewhere else, if its another NPC, then set a ,move route for that event.
    if you dont understand, PM me

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • What exactly are parallel process'? Like, what does it do?

How can I make it so an event starts when you step on one place, but the event is on another spot?

Actually, for the second one, you have to use variables. Make an event that is parallel process. Then, make a conditional branch that puts the player's x position in a variable (name it "player_x" for ease of use) and do the same with the player's y position (and a different variable) within the conditional branch. Then, (inside both conditional branches) you put what you want to happen when they are on that spot at the map. (You can find the x and y coordinates of a spot on the map by looking at the bottom of the window while the mouse is on that spot)

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    lol it was being a *******
    i was speaking the truth
    there is a difference

and plus u shoulnt be critizing ppl cuz
    i seen u act the same way

and legendofawesome knows im jp with with him
    its what i do

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2008
    Newb question: How do i import custom tile sets?

Well the title says it all... I try to import but when i do the dot becomes red and i cant use it what do i do xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back