• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

nm legend

Years
  • i know this is a stupid question but....the lady in blackthorn city only gives the effort ribbon if the pokeman completed its ev training right? just need to make sure..thanks VM ME the answer if anythin

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

You can battle your rival on Mondays and Wednesdays. Just go insido the Indigo Plateau, walk straight forward until he challenges you. But don't go into the league, yet, you'll lose.

The lv.70+ pokemon are about right....the others need raising. Especially Sneasel, because Lance's Garchomp is a beast.

As for Flare Blitz, the following families will work:

Rapidash (ignore Astinus, according to Bulbapedia, he's wrong).
    Arcanine
    Ninetales
    Charizard
    Blaziken
    Infernape

Note the 1st stages of the latter two won't work, but every other family member of the above pokemon works...and Typhlosion, if you found one already :P

Years
  • Hi. I just recieve some phone call from clair. Then she told me to go to the dragon's tamer. Where is this dragon's tamer. Let me know. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Don't think I understand, but here's all the messages she can say...

Spoiler:

If you called her, and your date's set to Friday, then go to Saffron Fighting Dojo...hope I helped!

Years
  • When the professor oaks says there is a swarn of a certain pokemon what time of day does he announce it. Every time I go to the radio in my option menu he says a lot of junk stuff.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Question regarding Arceus's abilility.

So Arceus's ability is Multi Type, as many of you know, which allows it to become any type depending what plate it is holding.

My question is what if another Pokémon was hacked with Multi Type?

Would it be able to change types depending on the plate just like Arceus?

I would test it out for myself but my AR broke..

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • So Arceus's ability is Multi Type, as many of you know, which allows it to become any type depending what plate it is holding.

My question is what if another Pokémon was hacked with Multi Type?

Would it be able to change types depending on the plate just like Arceus?

I would test it out for myself but my AR broke..
    Yes they would, its been done before and proven

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • Yes they would, its been done before and proven

No actually it won't work.

It's hardcoded to only work for Arceus.

I've tested it myself a while back with a Multi Type Sceptile that was holding a Draco Plate.

I battled a Garchomp and it used Dragon Rush on my Sceptile but it did not say that it was Super Effective.

Hence, it's Type did not change.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    Ok so which one of you is right?

Because I really want to have a Dragon-type Aerodactyl :D

zapdosa

GG
    Years
  • I am because like I said I tested it myself and it did not work.

The creators probably knew before hand that this might be abused which is why they hardcoded it for Arceus only.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It's not really a HGSS question (especially as it partly has to do with the AR), but eh, I'll merge with the Help thread anyways. Maybe check bulba as well on the ability? (I wonder if one could actually test without hacking via the move Role Play?)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Multitype can't be copied by Role Play, Skill Swap or Trace.

Gastro Acid and Mold Breaker don't work either. So, Multitype is sort of...immune to all ability-effecting things.

Years
  • I just got an feebas from a trainer today. I want to know how to evolve it into a molatic. What is the easiest way to make it look beauty.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I just got an feebas from a trainer today. I want to know how to evolve it into a molatic. What is the easiest way to make it look beauty.

The only way to increase beauty in HeartGold and SoulSilver is by letting Daisy massage your Feebas. Once its beauty is maxed out (unfortunately, there is no real way to tell), just simply level it up and it'll evolve into Milotic.

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
    That's me lol. If you're on DPPt, easiest way are Poffins (But idk whether the bold feebas i traded you likes dry poffins) if you're on HGSS, the only way is to talk to Daisy every day between 3pm to 4pm for 8 days. See here https://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/daisyoak.shtml

Years
  • Going to sound like a complete noob.

Anyone able to PM me a link for a pokemon type chart. I know the majority, but can't remember all of Steel and Dark type strengths and weaknesses?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Going to sound like a complete noob.

Anyone able to PM me a link for a pokemon type chart. I know the majority, but can't remember all of Steel and Dark type strengths and weaknesses?
    Rather than PM, I'll give it straight: Dark is weak to Bug and Fighting; Steel is weak to Fire, Fighting and Ground. Dark is strong against Ghost and Psychic; Steel is strong against Ice and Rock.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Rather than PM, I'll give it straight: Dark is weak to Bug and Fighting; Steel is weak to Fire, Fighting and Ground. Dark is strong against Ghost and Psychic; Steel is strong against Ice and Rock.

Cheers for that, I knew Steel was weak against Fire and Psychic doesn't affect Dark, but couldn't remember the rest.

Back