• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS > Why so excited?

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
Years
  • I want to see if the S.S Anne returns! That, and I want a better Kanto....

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I can catch an Aipom and name him Ataro.

And the battle with Red which will be over 9000!!!
    I bet it'll be the hardest battle ever in a pokemon game. Even harder than the D/P/Pt Rival.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I'm so excited because Gold is best pokémon game ever (maybe HeartGold is even better)! And starter follows you as in Yellow! First Cyndaquil follows me then it evolves (hopefully evolving doesn't matter....) and I have Quilava behind me. Then it evolves again and there's Typhlosion (my favorite pokémon)!

Years
  • Let me answer your question with another question:
    HGSS > Why so excited?

How many awesome things can you spot in this picture?

Five: Silver, Gold, Chikorita, Stairs, and what looks like a body coming out of the roof. :D
    And when i was like, seven, i thought RareCandyBars where like rare candies. :D
    Im also pumped to see all the new artwork. :D

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm really looking forward to the graphics, the nifty add-ins, and the fact that I'll be able to play G/S on my DS. <3 Instead of having to pull out my GBA and find batteries, which is the reason I haven't played G/S/C in over five years already. My gosh, I can't wait for these games. :3 I'm more hyped for these than I was for Platinum..

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    when i first heard about this remake i nearly passed out though i did see it coming people have been asking for this since fire red and leaf green came out i wonder how the pokedex will be? is it going to be the same as it was in the old g/s or will they change it some how? so many questions not enough info >.<

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The second generation is the "first" generation that I remember the most. I played Blue when it first came out, but Silver was the game that I remember waiting for, reading all the hype on it, getting excited, actually getting the game, and playing it for months.

This is why I'm looking forward to the remakes, because I want to relive that time.

Also, Johto is my favorite region, and I want the chance to re-explore it without the worry of the internal battery going dead. The updated graphics are a plus, as well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Let me answer your question with another question:
    HGSS > Why so excited?

How many awesome things can you spot in this picture?
    Gold with his Chikorita out.
    Silver plotting his theft.
    Windmills in New bark.
    Underground Vents.
    New tiles.
    new floor for elms lab.
    New graphics.
    Chikorita.

Anything missing? XD

Seriously now by the looks of it its too hard not to hype. Some might find it underwhelming but from what I saw it will be the best game so far.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • I waited until Crystal was out to play the second gen, and it became my favorite game of all time. If one of these games offers even a fraction of what Crystal brought me, I'd pay double for it.

Bay

Years
  • Besides the graphic upgrade, looking forward to the Rocket plot (my favorite thing overall in the GS games) and if it's going to be tweeked around. Also, the upgrade to the PokeGear.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • The Generation II games were the best Pokémon Games ever. It introduced ONLY 100 new Pokémon (which is definately enough) which were not crap like Gen. IV ones and ONLY 6 new legendaries (*coughcough* 14 in Gen. IV *coughcough*), the genders, egg breeding, "Caught" icon, a perfect music, a holy gameplay /story xD and a few nice feature upgrades to R/B/Y. I mean the features of G/S was the base for R/S/E and every upcoming version so it definately is something special :D

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • Besides the graphic upgrade, looking forward to the Rocket plot (my favorite thing overall in the GS games) and if it's going to be tweeked around. Also, the upgrade to the PokeGear.

Ooooh, the Rockets. Forgot about them :P
    Can't wait to pwn them though! I will patiently wait one more year and buy the English version. >:]
    And PokeGear upgrades shall be awesome. =D

Years
  • GSC plot w/ DP Graphics of course! And my FAVORITE RIVAL EVER. <3 (Only red haired rival.) (Also, my favorite starters of all time: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Tododile. <3)
    I've been waiting very long for this and I've seen the video of Chikorita following the male trainer in this game and I heard the music as well. <3 So happy and excited. ^_^

I've also seen the 3 new artwork pictures of the starters. Chikorita looks so innocent and adorable like it wants you to play w/ it, while Tododile looks so excited that there is a remake. ^_^ (Chikorita's picture is so cute. <3 Such a cute pose!) <3

Last edited:

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • The entirety of the game is what is making me excited for this remake. I'm not joking, either. I've really missed Johto and this announcement made my heart skip a beat to the point where I was wondering which Starter I'd end up using. XD

So long as they keep it, (which I think they will, because as I mentioned in Speculation, you break G/S without it) the inter-Region travelling is also probably going to be a big selling point for me. With Generation II, they really upped the bar on content and never managed to bring that bar back up to that level. Its as if they suddenly shrank by a foot and literally couldn't surpass their own creation.

Now on the DS, I'm hoping that they open up the Safari Zone in Kanto, because if I recall, they only 'closed' it because of a glitch they found in Generation I; one they have obviously fixed in recent Generations.

Back