• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High school

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm in highschool, yes. Going to be a junior next school year. From what I can see, its going to be hard. ;;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've liked High school so far (I'm a Junior) as the classes I've taken/am taking are interesting and challenging plus the people aren't exactly Morons who do nothing.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Also in High School, and ranked #2 in my class and in Junior year.

Its okay, though I've gotten into a habit of doing nothing but writing assignments out of school. Its all a bit silly. If I could specialize now, it'd be great. Unfortunately I still have to deal with the drop dead boring classes.

Only one AP test this year, as it seems my school doesn't offer much classes for it besides the main subjects.

Planning to get a PhD in Mechanical Engineering after high school. Also hoping to pay as little for college as possible.

EDIT: Oh, and for the freshman who thinks its annoyingly easy. It is. It won't be forever, though. Once you get to AP classes and stuff, it gets considerably more difficult. Nothing to sweat to much about. The hardest increase in difficulty comes from the attention to detail. I'd suggest you work on not make small, stupid mistakes that kill you now. Its really tehe only thing that hurts my grades.

Years
    People in my high school are actually quite intelligent for the most part. The thing is that, they do certain things that drive me away from them. You have the crowd that's smart, intelligent, and want to succeed and go to college and be somebody in life, and then you have those that don't want do anything, talk about dirty sex and all that other stuff.

It's really bothering, and the latter population slightly overwhelms the former, which is scary enough. >>
    Actually the same happens in my school...I'm just really good at avoiding hanging and listening to those latter people...
    My school (and I think a lot of schools in America) has too many students who don't know what they want to do or care to think about their futures...they just seem to come to school to talk to friends and get "babysat" for free...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    There are some good schools in America really, but there are sort of far and few between, and honestly, at this point, High school is pretty much a joke compared to the experience that ones gets in University.

So I've heard. Can't wait for college.

As for the large amounts of people who don't care. Its inevitable. Besides schools where something forces the need to do well on someone (like paying a lot to attend), its always like that. Even there you see a bit of those people. Just think that they'll be the backbone of the American work force some day. Someone has to do it.

Years
    I think we should do what Germany and other Euro nations do and make the train the less Academic interested students for professions so they can get a head start in life rather than waste time in class not learning anything and goofing off...
    Ps: this split should occur after middle school like in European nations too.

Years
    Unfortunately in states like Florida, and with the American government as it is with educational budget cuts, I'm afraid that really isn't going to happen anytime soon. This is why I sort of feel bad for future generations, because I wonder if they're going to get a worse education than we do now.
    That worries me as I plan on being a teacher...uh imagining students in worse shape than our generation is just scary...we really need reform now...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Unfortunately in states like Florida, and with the American government as it is with educational budget cuts, I'm afraid that really isn't going to happen anytime soon. This is why I sort of feel bad for future generations, because I wonder if they're going to get a worse education than we do now.

I plan on homeschooling >__> Society is too corrupt and the economy is too screwed.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    My brother's becoming a teacher. Good fro him its not for the teaching part of it, but the history part. lol

Though, if you want to become a teacher and rather not deal with those things: Become a Professor at a college.

Besides that, given the pay and frustrations, teacher would no be my choice in career.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Becoming a professor would at least be sort of idea, but it's more frustrating in a sense, because you would have to stay up nights and whatnot grading research papers and reports and all of that other good stuff. @__@; I mean, if it wasn't for the incredible dedication and patience some professors have, then maybe the whole entire idea of becoming a college professor wouldn't be so bad.

Well, it'd be a lifestyle choice, as with most career choices. Every job has its drawbacks. Would you rather work hard to get around the incompetence of those you're teaching, or work hard because the competence of those you're teaching forces it?

Its if a person becomes a teacher, I'd the latter, which also noting, has better pay.

Years
    2nd year.

High school is when you realize that the last 9 years was crap and you barely learned something.

By the way Twilight Sky, I suppose they didn't teach about hormone age at school?
    And if they talk about sex around you then you're probably pretty.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I don't understand people hating high school. Sure, there are people you don't like. But the moments with your friends should make it all worthwhile!

Years
    I'm graduating this June :D

I pretty much just stayed in some Honor classes, no AP classes for me lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Stay away from Wisconsin :P

... Uh... Um... Wisconsin? Meh.

I go to both the high school and the middle school in my district, therefore tacking on an extra hour to my school day. It stinks to be in AP math... D:<

I dun get how you guys can wake up that early...

rennir

Dragon Friend
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I'm in my Junior year and it's hell right now...I have ACTs, SATs, SAT subjects, finals, AP Euro, AP Stat, AP Language, and IB Spanish SL tests in the next 2 months or so. In other words, I am completely swamped with studying and literally do not have a life >.<

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Well lets see, im a juinor.yeah
    Im still in a really low math class (just next you, ill be taking geomentry) I been in the low algebra pretty much.
    I dont have any AP or test. Besides the state test, which I missed a bit but got forced anyways for 'count' so it was pointless since my work didnt count. Gah.

I hardly have any credits, which like not much grad chance, ok I might grad. but yeah.

I hardly hang out with 'friends' so I'm mostly alone, dont eat in the cafeteria or go off campus. just sit by myself (ok there are some people around, but I eh just ignore them, i'm picked on anyways and unwanted)

I dont like our high school much, the kids are well immature ofcourse (i been told im more mature o.o infact some of my work is used as the 'key' to grade others D: )

Anyways im rambling on about nothing~

Years
    I find this sentence to be repellent to such an extent that I nearly fell out of my chair whilst reading it. Atrocious grammar is one thing, but blatant references to drug use on a Pokemon forum? Tsk, tsk, sir. You should know that is one thing that is taboo anywhere.

I never understood the whole "hating high school" thing. It is what you make of it. If it stresses you out too much - and believe me, once the work gets harder, it can get annoying - just kick back and smoke some marijuana with your friends. This solves all the problems in the world.

Sentence has been fixed. By the way, drugs never fix anything.

It's not 'Taboo' by any stretch of the imagination here. We allow discussion on worldly topics in Other Chat.

Pro Tip: Correcting others grammar in that fashion most likely won't end well, and I'd prefer to not have to clean up a flamefest, so avoid it please. Contribute to the topic at hand.

High School was a joke, really. Far too easy, despite 3 AP classes. Now, I was fortunate because I had a lot of friends, and I mostly had fun the whole time. But I know for a lot of others, that isn't the case.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I have one more class to take this fall and I will be able to graduate community college with a Liberal Arts A.A. which is next to useless, whoo hoo. It was enjoyable though, for the most part anyway. I like college.

Class of '05 here, I have not been in high school for six years. I do kind of miss it though, my bestie and I were quite a bit closer then.

Back