• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High school

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
    School for me has been... interesting. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm just venting about my worries, but I have a lot of them and I honestly have no one to confide in. You can skip me if you don't want to know.

I used to be schooled online, but that didn't work out for me. No one supported me, if I asked for help I'd be treated like I was being a nuisance for asking. I was already extremely shy and socially awkward, and after about 3 years of very, very little interaction with peers, (I'd say I saw someone close to my age one every two-three months) I was very frightened when I became enrolled in real highschool.

I decided to go to a real school because I had fallen greatly behind during my online school, it only took a year of that to render me too depressed to care anymore. And before I had been in an online school, my parents had enrolled me in a very small and strict private religious academy. It was a very old-fashioned one room schoolhouse with 20 students total. When the main teacher passed away the school disbanded, and my parents feared I wouldn't be able to handle public school after being so used to the private one. So that's how I got into the online one.

So far I have almost completed a year of public school and have one more to go. I wasn't given any AP or hard classes because of my situation. I'm a nervous wreck about college, because I want to improve myself so much and get the heck away from this place that I've been confined in. Literally, I hardly ever get to leave the house because its so isolated from town! But on the other hand I think I'm becoming used to other people, which is good for me. I'm not very popular but people think I'm smart, and some of my teachers say that my detail in my work is even better than students in their harder classes. So I'm not dumb, at least.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    All you Americans XD; I don't understand what a Junior and a sophomore is XD

I am in year 10 and am in the top five students in every class except for Maths. Maths is my down fall and I struggle with it except for algebra, but I do an easier course. I have received heaps of awards so I am pretty smart (but cant work computers for my life). But then most of my school/year dont care about education (seriously they don't, we are more of a sport school, so that always comes first). Most of them say they will actually try in year 11 (I do care so I am not the exactly mr popularity) because my year groups is the last to do the Yr10 Certificate, which will now be discontinued in Australia as of 2012 (so I have to do it which absolutely sucks bad x; ) I am a person who in all honesty does only average in exams, assessments at home I always ace, not to be full of myself, but exams always let me down, I do not do well under the pressure. So I am worried for the upcoming years when I have to do the HSC, which is all exams and my major weakness :(

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I dropped out in december of 2010 my junior year but plan on going back this coming year.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    All you Americans XD; I don't understand what a Junior and a sophomore is XD

A junior is year 11 and sophomore is year 10, I'd presume.

I'm a junior myself. I just hafta live through Friday before our really really really really really late spring break and then like a couple more weeks of school and I'll be out for the summer. x___x

Years
    Let's head a bit to the future, what do you plan to do after you graduate from high school?
    Personally, I plan to spend a few years in the military and then getting a degree in computer science.

tldr Do you have plans for the future?

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    High school junior in California. In middle school I did not have any real friends, but then I switched districts for high school, and I have a relatively impressive group of about 9. I take AP/honors classes, but math still sucks. It's my only CP class, really. And Chemistry AP is even worse. :O
    I plan on becoming a doctor, a lawyer, or going into some field of business... how stereotypical. xD I want to go to college relatively close to home, with the notable exception being UC Berkeley.

Years
    Stereotypical doesn't mean bad. Who doesn't want to lead a happy life?

Now that you mention math.. math, and other usually difficult to most people classes are quite easy for me. Easy classes to others are very difficult to me. Strange isn't it?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, becoming a lawyer sounds kinda appealing. I heard that's a pressuring job though, not sure if I could handle it..

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm a junior, one more year left! I'm honestly shocked how fast this year has gone by, and hopefully senior year flies by too and isn't too slow. But anyways one more full month of school left. I've got AP, end of course, and semester exams to do in the first two weeks of May. Blehh I usually hate late april/early may of the school year. Exams, sweating over grades, etc. Thank god I have my stress relievers like pokemon.:D

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I'm a Sophomore who's hopefully becoming a Junior next year. I remembered how easy Freshmen year was, and now I face the reality of being a procrastinator in High School.

Next year I'm taking two to three AP classes. Hopefully this doesn't screw me up in the long run, but I can't help but be anxious for Junior year.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm still a junior at high school. I don't receive the best grades, though I still try hard for them. One of the subjects I'm having a hard time with is physics.

Years
    Is there anyone else being good at subjects which are considered "difficult"?
    "Difficult" subjects are not difficult for me.. for some reason. Now, the crap which is "easy" that all you need is to memorize / whatever.. argh. Don't get me started or you'll ragequit.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Is there anyone else being good at subjects which are considered "difficult"?
    "Difficult" subjects are not difficult for me.. for some reason. Now, the crap which is "easy" that all you need is to memorize / whatever.. argh. Don't get me started or you'll ragequit.

Oh heck yeah. The average high school kid will find English and History easy classes and wish they didn't have to take math and science, while the above-average Engineer-to-be high school kid wants to hurl mostly history to another country >__>

Math and science are easy to me because problem solving is my specialty. That's what I want to spend my time on, not having to memorize and work for silly world history assignments I'll forget by the end of high school. I'm barely passing that class.

But the cool thing is that I have a 99 in my Computer Science AP class. ^__^ And then like a 90 in Biology Pre-AP, and even a 100 in Chemistry Pre-AP for now. Precalculus Pre-AP is actually lower than it used to be last semester (80), but that's because we just went through trig ;_; too much memorization of formulae, and not enough time.

YouMadBro?

Cool Story Bro.
    Years
    I'm a freshman, and boy I dislikeee highschool.

I get good marks in all my class, but thats all Im really happy about at school. Honestly some of my classes are jokes. My geo class is one big zoo and we only get handouts. You can also hand in projects weeks after the due date. I do not feel like an academic student in that class! :P

My locker is downstairs and all my classes are upstairs. Also my locker is were couples choose to makeout. :L

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    I am a freshman and it... It sucks. Not the classes, those are fine... Even though I don't really learn anything. It's just the people are so ridiculously stupid.

Years
    Oh heck yeah. The average high school kid will find English and History easy classes and wish they didn't have to take math and science, while the above-average Engineer-to-be high school kid wants to hurl mostly history to another country >__>

Math and science are easy to me because problem solving is my specialty. That's what I want to spend my time on, not having to memorize and work for silly world history assignments I'll forget by the end of high school. I'm barely passing that class.

But the cool thing is that I have a 99 in my Computer Science AP class. ^__^ And then like a 90 in Biology Pre-AP, and even a 100 in Chemistry Pre-AP for now. Precalculus Pre-AP is actually lower than it used to be last semester (80), but that's because we just went through trig ;_; too much memorization of formulae, and not enough time.
    You have an excellent AI. Who was your engineer, Mr. Dumb Robot?

Also, I completely agree. If it wasn't for math, I wouldn't need to go to school.

Lastly, a question: What do they teach at computer science class?
    I am a freshman and it... It sucks. Not the classes, those are fine... Even though I don't really learn anything. It's just the people are so ridiculously stupid.
    Now that's sad. It took them 9 years to prove they're ridiculously stupid? I've found that about my classmates when I was first grade.

Back