• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
  • You know what I think?

Mijumaru needs to be shot.
    Tsutaja needs to be colored blue and have some very minor design changes to make it a water type.
    Yanappu needs to be the new grass starter.

And Yanappu's evolutionary line will be Yanappu -> Bigger Yanappu -> Giant Cuter Yanappu <3

I should start a petition to make Yanappu a grass starter. <3

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • You know what I think?

Tsutaja needs to be colored blue and have some very minor design changes to make it a water type.

And Yanappu's evolutionary line will be Yanappu -> Bigger Yanappu -> Giant Cuter Yanappu <3

I'd bet my money on it not evolving. It just reminds me of Aipom all over again.

And as the Grass starter? I could see that, but Tsutaja fits better, and probably will be the better Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You know what I think?

Wow you must really love Yanappu...

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    MONKEY trio

A while back we got a rumor that our little friend Yanappu would have a water, grass, fire trio and this picture just surfaced on 2ch and pretty much makes it true. (that is if it's real) As you can see in the picture, you see Yanappu on the left and you see it's water "twin" called Baoppu. You can't see it's sprite, but the name Hiyappu is one of the names above the HP gauge, so we're assuming that it's the fire one. We know the picture is extremly blurry and we can't positvley say that the names are accurate, but we're just going to have to trust the 2ch poster who posted the images and information for now. Also, if you notice the head is slightly different, so there will be a slightly different look for each of the tripley's similar to Wormadam. (tripley's=combination of triplet and monkey ><)

A few posts ago we also mentioned the possibility of Dento being in trio as well and that the red-haired trainer would have a fire type and the blue-haired trainer would have a water type. We allready know that Dento will have Yanappu so there is a very high chance,if this is real, that the other two trainers will own Hiyappu and Baoppu.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merging the threads because although it's technically unconfirmed, it would probably be best to discuss whether you think Yanappu has a counterpart in this thread.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yeah I already mentioned this... It seems Dento's Team with his masters or brothers or whatever will be Yanappu, Hiyappu, and Baoppu

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    oh such a good idea for nintendo to make a pokemon with a water and fire counter part. wonder if itll have the same ability as the original one

Years
  • Never did I expect that there will be a water broccoli Pokemon and a fire broccoli Pokemon.
    I don't think they all have broccoli on their heads, though it's hard to see the Blue one...also since they are three of them, they might be gimmick pokemon for triple battles like Minum and Plusle were meaning they could have quite low stats :(

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I don't think they all have broccoli on their heads, though it's hard to see the Blue one...also since they are three of them, they might be gimmick pokemon for triple battles like Minum and Plusle were meaning they could have quite low stats :(

that would be a shame. plusle and minun did quite suck :|

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I love Plusle and Minun but their stats weren't so good even when they were together and I think that the trio of monkey's might end up like them :(

i liked plusle and minun too but i wished they were stronger then what they actually are. plus these 3 pokemon have different types so maybe that has something to do with anything?

Years
  • They could still evolve though
    Yeah but they are still going to be considered gimmicks :(
    Well we don't have a confirmed (Luvdisk's evolution hasn't been confirmed to really be a luvdisk evo yet) gimmick pokemon that evolves though, though the luvdisk suppose evolution gives me hope :)

AuraAshley1990

Moon night bomb
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Yeah but they are still going to be considered gimmicks :(
    Well we don't have a confirmed (Luvdisk's evolution hasn't been confirmed to really be a luvdisk evo yet) gimmick pokemon that evolves though, though the luvdisk suppose evolution gives me hope :)

i hope mamabou is luvdisks evolution. i mean it looks so much like it. plus luvdisk did suck xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Speculation

When I first saw the little thing... I thought it looked way to much like Aipom with the whole monkey look. Although the whole "Broccoli" part is somewhat creative.

Overall I actually like it. :)

Back