• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I restarted my Emerald once again , haha. Anyways, last night and this morning, I beat Roxanne and Brawly. Way too easy for my Combusken. Right now I'm trying to get a Gyarados. Will have this game beaten within a few days. :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
when i restarted my LeafGreen just for fun i encountered a Shiny Weedle.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Well I have now left the Hoen Region and am making my way to the Sinnoh...until next time Hoenn, I'll be back..............for the Regii's...but first my quest to become the newest Sinnoh Champ and top Coordinator!

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
Years
i restarted on sappphire

here's what i got

left prof birch's lab and headed over route 101, oldale town and route 103, training my treecko to lv 11. then i defeated brendan with ease.

continued training along to rustboro. i caught a tailow (30 speed IV's) a Zigzagoon, a Wurmple and a ralts

before i beat roxanne my team is as follows:

Ralts Lv. 10
Dustox LV. 11
Taillow Lv. 11
Zigzagoon Lv 11
Treecko Lv 12

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I'm MAD.

Right now I am playing Pokemon Emerald on the computer, but I am stuck in Flannery's Gym. It's so steamy in there you can't see the floor!! And according to Bulbapedia, Defog is only in Diamond and Pearl!! How the heck am I supposed to get through?? Can anybody help?

Current team:
Marshtomp Lvl 28
Breloom Lvl 27
Swellow Lvl 26
Zigzagoon Lvl 5[hm slave]
Egg

Arrgh!! :pirate:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I'm currently up to the eighth gym, I have a level 52 Swampert & level 45 Claydol

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I just got into Lilycove City and I'm planning on getting to Tate & Liza tomorrow. I easily overwhelmed May by setting up my Blaziken with two Bulk Up's. By Tate & Liza, I should be ready for their Psychic pokemon. Winona is gonna be easy for tomorrow morning. I'm just wondering what other Pokemon should be added to my team? I'm thinking of a Vileplume , Belossom, or a Donphan. Opinions?

Spr_4d_257_m.png
Blaziken . Level 38 . [Skills : Rock Smash, Bulk Up, Double Kick, Blaze Kick]
Spr_4p_130_m.png
Gyarados . Level 38 . [Skills : Bite, Tackle, Dragon Rage, Surf]

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I managed to get my entire Sandstorm team to level one hundred, minus my Skarmory, who is well on its way, at level 67. At my friend's house a few nights ago, I took my team into a semi-large Pokemon tournament he had set up on Pokemon XD. Personally, it wasn't that hard (they don't even know what EV training is), so eventually we set up a double battle, and I tested my sandstorm team's double battling ability. I had to use my own two games, as I fought two other people, except my other team isn't really a sandstorm team. Note: I used no ubers, they used.. like what? Five?

I was really surprised. My sucky not-so-good LeafGreen team managed to keep more Pokemon alive than my sandstorm team. I think they were worried about my Sandstorm team more, though. I especially like my finishing attack; my two Swamperts took out a Mewtwo and Ho-oh with an Earthquake-and-Surf combo. It was considerably more challenging, but I managed a win. The great thing is that it was all recorded on a dvd!

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Sometime in November:
I was replaying Emerald (because I thought it was no fun to have a completed game with all the good pokemon transferred out), and decided to train my Machop on Spindas in the snowy route just outside Fallarbor (while getting some ash at the same time). After about a half-hour of fighting the god-forsaken things, I get bored. But here's the twist: as I walk back to Fallarbor, I get attacked by a Spinda... A shiny Spinda. I deacide to weaken it to catch it (not with machop, I'm not stupid, mind you). So, I use a semi-powerful attack with my Magnemite... "Magnemite used Spark! It's a critical hit!" You can guess what happened after that. Needless to say I have no shiny, even if it were a shiny Spinda, I would have been grateful. And maybe it's just me, but I think my room got a few shades redder at that moment. Yeah, that can frustrutating...

KiNGd0M

MY Ditto will eat you.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Funny thing, i throw an ultra ball, it fails. Right after, a pokeball catches it. I caught my kyogre at full health like that!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Okay, for some weird reason I had to start all over on my Emerald game. So now my team is:
Marshtomp Lvl 33
Swellow Lvl 28
Breloom Lvl 27
HMS [zigzagoon] Lvl 7
Egg
Hariyama Lvl 24

And I'm still stuck in Flannery's Gym. I think I've battled all the Trainers...but how the heck do I get to her?!
Ehhh, something tells me if I wasn't playing on the computer I'd be waaaay past Flannery by now...

EDIT: Never mind!! I got through Flannery's gym by using a very handy Gym Layout. :D
And now, after defeating Norman [which was a very fun battle], I'm now surfing on Zigzagoon on Route 103.

Team:
Trapinch Lvl 25
Breloom Lvl 29
Hariyama Lvl 26
Swellow Lvl 28
Marstomp Lvl 34
Zigzagoon Lvl 7

Oh, and that Pokemon Egg hatched into Wynaut so I put it in the PC. What am I gonna do with a Wynaut?

Last edited:

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
Funny thing, i throw an ultra ball, it fails. Right after, a pokeball catches it. I caught my kyogre at full health like that!
I once caught Palkia in a Pokéball, but then my game froze. :(

I'm restarting my Sapphire again and doing a grass/psychic dual-type challenge. Maybe, though, I'll just use gardevoir and sceptile. I don't know.
I'm praying that grovyle can learn focus punch.

I finally found a decent male treecko. *phew* Now, to look for ralts. *sigh*

Elekid Kid

Banned
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
just started a new rom. i picked mudkip and plan on getting shroomish (for breloom) and ralts soon. then taillow and aron and then electrike! joy!

god... i want to get a male mudkip so i have to listen to birch rambling on again...

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
I beat the E4 on emerald on my Swampert solorun(not for challange though), and arrived at battle frontier I will battle there to get some good moves on my pokes like ice punch weavile before moving them to pearl,

On firered I m about to challange the E4 1st time on my flying mono type challange

Team:

charizard
scyther
zapdos

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
For a minute, I thought I saw the female sign next to groudon's name.

Well, it is red. XD (though I thought red was supposedly a boys' color.)

I want to name him "Groudina" now.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hmmm, well i restarted my FireRed to get Raiko(the legendary dog.) I breezed thoruogh the whole thing, got the legendary birds. now im at the elite four and im losing like hell. Im still stuck here. wish me luck!

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
Well guys I'm back in Hoen with the best starter IMO. Yep I have a mudkip! Brave nature. I nicknamed him Kip. In this journey I tend to pick up pokemon that you can't either get in Sinnoh or you have to wait for a swarm or they are unique to pokeradar but I'm impatient so why not get back to Hoen and have some fun! So I go catch up with May, who I murder in our quick little pokemon battle, then I go off training Kip when I stumble across a zigzagoon. I laugh at the thought but I said hey I really don't like these guys but I've never trained one so what the heck. Plus I like Linoone so I'll give it a shot. Plus Pick up comes in handy. So I got a brave female Zigzagoon. Two brave pokemon! I'm on a roll! So I make it to Petalburg where I meet up with my pops. He goes on this rant about maturing and stuff. It kind of goes in one ear and out the other then this sick kid comes in and asks me to help him catcha pokemon. I say sure no prob. I'm a nice guy! He goes out and gets himself a Ralts. Coolio. Well I go do some more training going through the petalburg woods and I run into this dude with a suit and he's being chased by this goon. He hides behind me and tells me I have to help him. I'm thinking that's so lame. Getting an innocent bystander involved. If I was weak and something were to happen to me what then? Oh well we won't know since I"m not weak now will we? lol anyway completely murder the team aqua goon and the dude thanks me by giving me a great ball. Okay cool. So I make it to Rustboro to pick up a quick claw from the school and I go train some more. I run into a nincada. and right before I capture it I said, now wouldn't it be cool if I captured it with an adamant nature with compound eyes and what do you know? hehehe yep a bit of luck! so my team feels pretty solid to me! :D

Kip lv 14 Brave Nature

Tackle
Growl
Mud-slap
Water gun

Zigzagoon lv 14 Brave Nature

Tackle
Sand-attack
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Nincada lv 7 Adamant Nature

Scratch
Harden
Leech Life

Years
I just restarted my Emerald.
i chose torchic as my starter and wiped the floor with the poochyena.

i walked up and raised myself to level 7 and went to take on may.
i took her down in 3 scratches and went to the lab. i got some pokeballs and walked outside and recieved the running shoes. i ran in to the grass and into a wurmple which i scratched and caught :). i ran up to oldale town and into route 102.
I caught a Ralts with my first throw which was great. On the Route i battled the trainers and grabbed a Zigzagoon and a Poochyena.

Pokemon:

Torchic LVL 12
Wurmple LVL4
Ralts LVL 8
Zigzagoon LVL 6
Poochyena LVL5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back