• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
Years
  • Emerald training continues

I did a few link trades and got all of the starters second form. Here's my team, natures, and movesets.

Sound Wave (shroomish) level 16
    Gentle
    Pound
    Uproar
    Astonish
    Swagger

Flame (Combusken) level 19
    Quiet
    Scratch
    Peck
    Overheat
    Ember

Grovyle (Grovyle) level 17
    Impish
    Fury cutter
    Pursuit
    Absorb
    Flash

Marshtomp (Marshtomp) level 24
    Naughty
    Tackle
    Mud shot
    Rock Smash
    Water Gun

Zigzagoon (Zigzagoon) level 16
    Bashful
    Tackle
    Cut
    Rollout
    Headbutt

Ralts (Ralts) level 15
    Relaxed
    Growl
    Confusion
    Double Team
    Secret Power

So that's how the team is going.. I have 4 badges as of now. I tried to face the Petalburg Gym (5th Gym) But it's way too tough for my team right now. I started the game last Friday, and have been addicted. I couldn't decide which starter, so I started with Torchic and Link traded to get the other two.

Mercenary Tao

Poke'ssassin for hire
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    This morning, I had made up the decision to re-discover the roots of my past and plugged in my copy of FireRed into the GBA port on my rather large and blue DS. Now, I have not played the original Pokemon, In ages, So all the knowledge that once filled me of which Gym Leader I shall fight in what order has flown out of my head and fluttered out the window. So, this will be an experence, once over.

As I start out, going through the hoops, maddly butten mashing away to get past Oak's Begining speech, I had made it (thank god) to the character naming segment. I desided upon TAOPAI, being that, well, that is my current handle at the moment. As an odd turn-of-events, I desided to name my Rival Gary...Being this is , technically, a game that sends us back to Kanto, why not go ahead and pick, none other than Gary Oak.

And so, with Oak's final words, I was lowered down into the world of Pokemon, once more. To begin my journey anew. As awake from my pixalized bed, I stumbled to the first place I knew to go. The PC across my room. as fast as that blue hedgehog, I snatched the potion and ran down stairs, nearly tripping over my NES. As I made it downstairs, Mom was waiting for me, in downstairs. What a wonderful mother a boy could have. She tells me something about young boys, I didn't catch all of it, before looking towards the TV to see the horrible movie 'Stand by me'. I shudder as I watched Cory Feldman's career circle the drain. My mother says something about Professor Oak, I imidiantly snapped back into reality and rushed out the door.

I ran and ran and ran until I had lost where I was going. I saw a patch of grass ahead. Surely, he'd be waiting for me there, ready to give my hands on training. I swallowed, ready for the most intense training I would ever have...When, I hear "STOP!". I am jogged from my dream and look behind me, as I see a winded old man run up to me. It took him a while to speak, he was trying to hard to catch his breath. He told me that I should not go into the grass, Ill-equipped. I giggle with glee as I readied myself to be given A case, or something and booted out into the wild, where I could begin my journey. He told me to follow him. Here is comes, I thought. He turned away and...began walking..back into..town....Okay, not much of a disappointment, buuuut....whatever floats your boat, old man, I thought. He lead me into this....rather small lab. I was unimpressed, But, I saw three Pokeballs to my right. Yes, I thought, it's almost time.

And then, I looked to my left...And who did I see?....Him...Gary Oak. The vile little snot who laughed at me, when I said I would be the greatest. The goblin who threw popcorn and soda at me at my 3rd grade talent show. That nasty little worm who had the GALL of tie me to a tree, while him and his friends beat me with sticks, like a pinata, chanting 'Tao rhymes with ow! Tao rhymes with ow!'. My eye twitched as he rudely hustled his grandfather up. I could not even listen to the professor, anymore. My eyes burned with hatred, unseen by many, unheard of by the Gods themselves. Even then, I was only thinking of my wrath and how sweet it would be.

I was snapped back into reality, once more, when he told me to pick a Ball. YES! Finally, I get to get my pokemon and start my awesome journey into the land of Kanto. Gary whined, I didn't care. I Rushed to the table, grinning so much that I thought I was drooling. I inspected each one....And a frown fell upon my face, when I realized: 'Each one is weak against the other. The Grass pokemon Bulbasaur is a balanced choice, Indeed...But, GARY would pick The fire lizard Charmander, Just to spite me! The water turtle Squirtle was indeed defensive, due to his shell being as hard as rock....But, this acursed boy would pick Bulbasaur, knowing his grass moves would conquer me. And, If I chose Charmander, that evil, evil child would chose Squirle. I squeeked a bit, measuring my options. I caved in and chose Charmander. Of Course, Gary picked up the Pokeball with Squirtle. That loser. I tried high-tailing it out of there. He stopped me by walking in my way and challanging me, RIGHT OFF THE FRIGGAN BAT, to a battle....Gary -mumblemumble.- Oak.

There we were. LOCKCED in an epic battle. A battle that would determine the outcome of my WHOLE journey. I had to beat him. He went first, A tail whip. My Charmander just looked at it, confused. I ordered it to scratch. It hit, knocking the Turtle for a loop. I grinned, I was going to win. The Squirtle Tail whip'd once more. I laughed as My Charmander went for a scratch, stealing most of Squirtle's HP away, leaving only a good 5 or 8, perhaps. I wasn't sure...I could taste victory....Then...Squirtle tackled Charmander. I watched as my defenseless charmander stumbled to his back, wincing in a harsh pain. I began to desend from my cloud, actually thinking I would be able to beat Gary.....That is when Charmander got right back up and slashed the Blue monster across it's face. I watched at it went down, for the count. My jaw hit the floor as I watched Gary run away, with his tail between his legs.

I had beat him. I DID IT!...HOLY MOLEY! I was joyfully laughing, pumping my fist in the air and dancing about, when I noticed my Charmander flashed blue. I walked over to my little Charmander, I had named Blaze, and proceeded to inspect him. He leveled up? Interesting. I placed him back into my ball as I held my head high and walked out into the world, ready to re-visit the world that I had left behind, so long ago.

-To be continued.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hopefully by Monday I can start EVing training some of my Pokemon. Tomorrow I plan on beating Juan, getting all my Pokemon to level 50, and destroy the Elite Four. This'll be easy since my Donphan learns Earthquake at level 49 which helps me alot during the third battle of the Elite Four.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Not much to say.

I caught a fairly good Volbeat and dropped off Ralts and...uh...someone else in the day-care. Wait a minute, I'm thinking. I remember now! I'd also dropped of Whismur. Just traning to beat 'dad' in the fifth gym. Curses me because I can't decide which of the two doors to pick when you have to after you beat somebody. It is just so frustrating! Just like how i couldn't decide between starters so I traded to get them all? I wish I could skip straight to the leader...games just aren't build like they used to be. In fire red in most of the gyms you could go 'lalala' and skip straight to the leader...I liekd that until I lost firered and was (forced) to play emerald.
    -Hannah909brown-

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I got so much to say! From my last post I basically have a story to tell but I'm going to shorten it up because it's basically too much. I basically ran through all of the gyms. I still have kip in his baby form and he's unique because I turned him into a ice type basically because he has hail, blizzard, and ice beam. I have my first female abra. I taught her shock wave, psychic, and shadow ball. I also got a sandshrew that knows earthquake, dig, iron tail, and sandstorm and those 3 pokemon are going to be put in contests! Umm...I also caught Kyogre with an ultra ball. umm Oh yeah I finally caught my first shiny in sapphire ever! A shiny golbat that's female so I'm looking forward to a shiny crobat. The pink will match my lady! lol When I found a king's rock, I transfered it to sinnoh and gave it to my poliwhirl and I traded it with a close friend of mine and got my first ever politoed! lol So right now I'm training my current team which is Ninjask, Sandshrew, Kip, Shiny golbat, Abra, and I think my shedinja.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I decided to try and complete a Hoenn game tonight! I'm playing Pokemon Sapphire. I called myself BRENDAN, and chose a MUDKIP as my starter Pokemon. I caught a POOCHYENA who will become a part of my team. Unfortunately, he tends to faint a lot. :( Oh well, that shall be fixed soon when he gets some new moves! lol Just left Oldale Town.

Mudkip Lv. 10
    Poochyena Lv. 7

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Well my shiny golbat is now a crobat! Yeah I've been training a lot for the E4. I'm especially proud of my sandshrew. He's strong but since it's a first form he was being fainted a lot. So a good friend of mine told me to let him evolve. When I did he began doing so much better. He wanted to get so strong for me after he leveled up, I took him to the PC and come to find out, he was infected with Pokerus! AWESOME! He wanted to win for me so bad he infected the rest of my team! They want to win so bad they are trying their hardest for me. I was so proud. Sandslash is so awesome! My first shiny in sapphire then my first pokerus pokemon! I'm so proud of those guys!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just been playing for an hour this afternoon. Got Poochyena up to Lv. 10 then went to Petalburg and Petalburg Woods. In Petalburg Woods I must have came across 7 Shroomish! However, 5 were female (didn't want a female one :P), and one male, I accidentally killed. ¬_¬ But I caught a Lv. 5 Male Shroomish! :D That's all I've done so far, next time, I'll train Shroomish up then continue. :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    Well I beat the E4! yep I was so excited! After that, I went to go capture Rayquaza! While I was going through Sky Pillar I picked up a claydol so that's kinda cool. So I finally made it to Rayquaza and thank goodness I saved my master ball for this! Too bad he is a modest nature......not like I'd use him in competitive battling anyway lol Oh yeah I also picked up a beldum from Steven a brave nature so that's cool. After all of that was done, I migrated some pokemon to sinnoh. I left some behind because I have to continue on with contests. After I finish up capturing some pokemon and contests, I'll migrate the rest to sinnoh. So I guess I'm basically done in hoen for right now. So Until next time! :D

Sky...

I have to get a DS again!
    Years
  • Hello!

(so far on LG)

i've gotten to celadon city and defeated the gym
    and now i have got to figure out how to get past the guards that
    want water!(any ideas?)

Blastoise(lvl42)
    Raikou(lvl70)
    Primeape(lvl81)
    Ninetales(lvl70)
    Graveler(lvl80)
    Tangela(lvl70)

p.s srry for mis-spells

View attachment 44799

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just been playing through Pokemon Sapphire today...trained Shroomish for a while, then went to face Roxanne. Shroomish and Mudkip took out her trainers easily, whilst Poochyena watched from the sidelines. During the real battle, Mudkip took out Geodude with a Water Gun, but was defeated by her Nosepass. Out came my newest team member, Shroomish! He used Bullet Seed multiple times to take out Nosepass, despite Roxanne healing her constantly. The Stone Badge is mine!

My Team

Mudkip Lv. 13
    - Water Gun
    - Tackle
    - Mud-Slap
    - Growl

Poochyena Lv. 12
    - Tackle
    - Howl
    - Sand-Attack
    -

Shroomish Lv. 14
    - Tackle
    - Absorb
    - Bullet Seed
    - Leech Seed

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not much going on, but I did recently beat the Elite Four in LeafGreen again with my level 100 power team (which is NOT coming over to DP/Pt.) I ought to catch more Magmar in there and Pal Park 'em over... They're easier to catch in LG, IMO.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • still going through my monotype challenge with grass. Just defeated team rocket and my rival at Saffron city, took me forever to finally beat him and his charizard. I died about 4 times before I decided to use the X items strategy. Used my Exeggutor and used some X speed and X specials and took out his whole team with psychic :)

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • pal parked my LG pokemon and started a new game. Picked a squirtle and caught a mankey, pidgey, caterpie, weedle, and ratatta. Pal parked again. Started new game and got a bulbasaur, then pal parked again. Finally started a liegitamate game, got a bulbasaur, caught pidgey, ratatta,mankey,caterpie, and weedle. Wandered about in viridian forest leveling up to lvl 10 before I took on my rival near the elite 4. Pidgey took care of his pidgey (all it did was use sand attack) and used the mankey/pidgey/bulbasuar combo to take care of his charmander.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Im on the 8th gym in Emerald and will beat it + E4 today and will then move my :

Charizard, Vaporeon, Raichu, Flareon and Espeon from Leafgreen so they can be ued in BF and then I will clone 1x of each of them and move the clones to Pearl so I can keep 1ex of them on emerald just in case

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I'm Currently Training for the E4 on Firered and assaulting the Aqua base in Emerald

Teams
    Firered (Cant't remember levels for now, may update later, they are in their mid forties i think)
    Charizard
    Ivysaur
    Blastoise
    Vaporeon
    Hitmonchan
    Hypno

Emerald
    Vulpix - 37
    Gardevoir - 37
    Grovyle - 37
    Breloom - 38
    Tentacruel - 38
    Swellow - 37

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    After Getting rid of My Squirtle. I earned 6 hard earned badges.

Right now i'm on my way to Cinnabar island to gain my 7th. This is my first time playing a pokemon game without my starter.

Pidgeot 49
    Vileplume 37
    Dragonair 31
    Butterfree 39
    Primeape 37
    Flareon 35

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I recently fought Green in the Elite Four on my Leaf Green. My team was severely underlevelled(With the exception of the three birds, and Venusaur), and I didn't have much Hyper Potions/Revives left, and I won with only one pokemon, at 17 HP left. I forget which one it was though. :P. Arcanine was tough to take down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back