• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
  • last night, on pokemon red, i had a lv.35Wartortle, a lv.34 Mew ( mew glitch really works) a lv.36 clefable and a lv.35 Fearow, and i was just about to put the game in my gameboy advance SP to battle Erika the grass gym leader, but i dropped it by accident! since it was so old, it jarred the memory, and the data save file corrupted and deleted the data, so now i have no game! i just cba going on it again, so i'm giving it another shot on pkmn diamond, which i recently restarted quite a few times, but i can't seem to get past eterna forest with cheryl out of boredom. :(

JesseCS

What do you mean "creepy"?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    I Started my most memorable Ruby play-through by trading my Mudkip for a Chimecho egg, which I hatched with nothing but a lvl. 3 Wurmple. I then proceeded to turn them into an awesome tag team, rarely using anything else.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I started FireRed again, naming myself Red and choosing Squirtle as my starter.
    I trained him up a few levels, then caught a Pidgey, continued to train Squirtle for a bit and later went to find a Pikachu.
    When I finally found one I knocked it out with a Critical Hit, so I decided to stop searching and start training Pidgey.
    My two Pokemon are level 10, I have yet to battle Green, my rival, and I'm still trying to find a Pikachu.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Just restarted Emerald

Dont even have the dex yet, spent ages soft reseting to get a Female Mudikip, named Muddy. My persons called Ruby... (I think)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Well, a lot has happened since my previous post.

I caught a Pikachu, defeated Green, reached Pewter City, defeated Brock, got the Running shoes, Squirtle evolved into Wartortle, entered Mt. Moon, Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto, caught a Clefairy for no reason at all, got the Dome Fossil, exited Mt. Moon, reached Cerulean City, defeated Misty, defeated Green again, battled the Nugget Bridge, caught an Oddish, reached Bill's Cottage and got the S.S. Ticket thingo.

In that order...

Years
  • Pokémon Emerald:

» Hatched Lotad from an Egg.
    » Caught a Staryu.
    » Defeated the Pokémon League.
    » Got through Hall of Fame for the 21st time.
    » Lotad evolved into Lombre.
    » Lombre evolved into Ludicolo.
    » Staryu evolved into Starmie.
    » Ludicolo grew to lv. 32.

Pokémon Ruby:
    » Caught a Sharpedo.
    » Evolved Shellgon into Salamence.
    » Defeated the Battle Tower (7-Win Streak).

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
    Years
  • In LeafGreen I became the champion, In Emerald I just won the 3rd badge and here's my team in Emerald:-
    Mightyena (ShadowDog) LV.30
    Swellow LV.30
    Marshtomp LV31
    That's all......

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I decided to go through Sapphire with just normal type Pokemon. After I started, I got myself a Zigzagoon, and migrated all of my other Pokemon to Diamond Version (so I wouldn't be tempted to use them). I caught a Whismur, Taillow, and Slakoth. I didn't know if I was going to have enough Normal types for a whole party, but I forgot about Castform, Skitty, and Kecleon. I had to fight Wattson, and man.. I never thought Linoone's Mud Sport attack would be so useful against that Magneton xD. Also, as I was going through Route 113, I also seemed to have forgotten about Spinda. So, I caught myself one, and trained it equal with my party. So, here is what I have so far.

Spinda, level 24
    Linoone, level 24
    Loudred, level 24
    Vigoroth, level 24
    Swellow, level 24

This is going to be an epic fight against Norman when the time comes..

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2013
    I have been recently playing Leaf Green and have decided to blog my progress here.

I am currently at Vermillion City Training before I head off to Violet Cave ( Is that what it's called ) I have 3 badges already.

Team -

Clefable Lvl 30
    - Mega Punch
    - Shock Wave
    - Sing
    - Can't remember

Wartortle Lvl 26
    - Water gun
    - Mega Kick
    - Bite
    - Tackle

Butterfree Lvl 26
    - Sleep Powder
    - Supersonic
    - Confusion
    - Tackle

I will probably add one more member later on, maybe Jolteon or Kabutops.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
  • I think ill join in and post my kanto journey (team rocket monotype) and my ruby journey.
    Kanto: i named myself teamrockt and then picked squirtle, went through viridian forest and caught a metapod, evolved it into butterfree (just for the first gym then its gone) and i caught a level 4 ratatata which is now level 25 and im infront of mt moon.
    hoenn: im currently at 3 badges so ill just start from there. I have a level 32 graveler, level 31 gyarados, level 32 loudred, level 30 alakazam, level 33 grovyle. And yes i know im super overleved, (i think for at the point im at)
    and i just caught a numel (about to evolve it into camerupt)

Ok well ill share my journey so far with you guys. (fire red)
    I restarted my game, picked bulbasaur and beat gary then gave oak his parcel and then went into the little area infront of the pokemon league and caught a mankey (im doing a mankey powerhouse challenge) I went through viridian forest with a level 12 mankey and beat brock when my mankey was level 15. Low kick ftw. Went through mt moon and got through nugget bridge. He is now a primeape level 32. Thats as far as i got.

yeah im currently playing 3 games.. lol

Oh and also i just beat the whole fire red game with primeape. He was level 88 at the elite four. But now i completed the sevii islands quest and hes level 100 and im finished and about to restart the game to go with squirtle pidgey and pikachu

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I <3 logs.

For the past couple of days, I've been wanting to play through my GBA Pokemon games. (Probably because my joy of actually playing Pokemon was rekindled.)

I started FireRed today, and decided to use UU Pokemon, or what is considered UU because of base stat totals. Trainer's name is Astinus, starter Pokemon was Squirtle, but I boxed it as soon as possible.

Current team is Rattata (level 9), Pidgey (level 9), Mankey (level 3), and a newly-caught Spearow (level 3). The Spearow might be boxed in favor of Pidgey, but I'm unsure of that for now.

I'm right outside Viridian City, on Route 22, just raising my Pokemon a bit before I battle my rival.

I'll be restarting my two Ruby versions and my Emerald version whenever I find them. >.>

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Time for another FireRed update!
    Going to put it in point form so that it's easier to read, I don't know what I was thinking with my last post.

- Left Cerulean City
    - Headed straight through the Underground Path
    - Defeated all the trainers just outside Vermillion City
    - Entered Vermillion City
    - Picked up the Bike Voucher and Old Rod
    - Headed back to Cerulean City
    - Returned to Vermillion City on my spiffy new bike
    - Boarded the S.S. Anne
    - Wiped out every trainer on board
    - Oddish evolved into Gloom
    - Crushed Green 4-0
    - Obtained Cut from the Captain
    - Left the S.S. Anne
    - Got the VS. Seeker

That's all!
    Next time, a Gym battle and the capture of a new Pokemon!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I managed to get to Norman after a grueling fight with Flannery. I battled everyone I could before my 'father' and I squared off; I battled everyone in Flannery's Gym, the Desert, the Trick House, and everyone in his gym. I guess that training paid off! In an anti-climatic fight, I took his entire team with my Vigoroth. His Slaking was allowing me to max out Bulk-Ups, so the fight wasn't difficult at all. I just Yawned him, Bulk-Up, and Slack off if I needed. I just used Strength to wipe out his whole team.

As of right now, I taught Swellow the Facade TM (for obvious reasons^^), and Linoone Surf. I also decided to teach Loudred Shock Wave and Overheat since his Special Attack is higher than his Attack. Here's the team so far:

Linoone, lv28
    Swellow, lv28
    Vigoroth, lv28
    Spinda, lv28
    Loudred, lv28

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • I've been playing quite a lot since my last post, so I think it's just about time for an update.

- Caught a Diglett
    - Defeated Lt. Surge
    - Travelled through Diglett's Cave
    - Reached Pewter City
    - Obtained the Old Amber
    - Headed back through Diglett's Cave
    - Reached Vermillion City
    - Headed up past Cerulean City
    - Reached the Pokemon Centre outside Rock Tunnel
    - Entered Rock Tunnel
    - Caught a Zubat
    - Exited Rock Tunnel
    - Headed back to Vermillion City
    - Trained Zubat
    - Diglett evolved into Dugtrio
    - Zubat evolved into Golbat
    - Headed back to Rock Tunnel
    - Made it through without anyone fainting
    - Reached Lavender Town
    - Gave my Pokemon nicknames
    - Deposited Pidgeotto

That's all!
    Here's a list of my Pokemon's new names.

Wartortle = Hydro
    Pikachu = Mach
    Gloom = Sunny
    Dugtrio = Quake
    Golbat = Fangs

Clefairy = Starlight
    Pidgeotto = Whirlwind

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    My journey in Shiny Gold

I am currently against Elite 4 , psychic guy

party is Tyranitar lv 55 ith crunch

Dragonite lv 55
    Garydos lv 46
    Feraligator lv 46
    Alakazam lv48
    Gengar lv49

You guys think i will be alrite?

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Hooray for redoing Emerald!
    So, I beat Roxanne without breaking a sweat. Breezed my way through to Dewford Town, delivered the Letter to Steven, and promptly got my team swept by Brawley's Maukahita (hey, he used Bulk Up three times...). 8|
    Went through again with a bit more strategy, using Shroomish's Leech Seed before sending Ralts in. Finally got the thing down and got meh badge.
    Went up to Slateport, immediately went to catch a Minun or Electrike, whichever I got my hands on (I ended up getting both--Electrike showed up first, but then I fell to Minun's charms and caught her too. I boxed Electrike.)
    Beat Brendan without much trouble, and trained Minun up so she learned Spark. All my Pokemon are currently level 18 or 19, except Zigzagoon, who's level four.
    My current team:
    Marshtomp
    Shroomish
    Ralts
    Tailow
    Minun
    Zigzagoon (Probably the best HM slave with Pickup...)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Here's the newest update for my FireRed journey!

- Caught a Growlithe
    - Changed my Pokemon's names back to normal (they were lame)
    - Trained Growlithe a bit
    - Headed to Celadon City
    - Obtained a free Eevee
    - Taught Wartortle Brick Break
    - Bought a Fire, Thunder & Leaf Stone
    - Defeated Erika
    - Deposited Dugtrio

That's all, really.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
    Years
  • Restarted Emerald some time ago..

My team is:

Lvl 41 Swellow
    Lvl 42 Minun
    Lvl 40 Mightyena (Changing to Kingdra soon)
    Lvl 41 Ludicolo
    Lvl 41 Blaziken
    Lvl 40 Armaldo

I recently defeated the Gym in Mossdeep City.
    Such an epic battle.. Minun uses Encore so Lunatone is just stuck using Calm Mind while Blaziken pelts him with physical attacks, and then Minun uses Mimic on Solrock's Solarbeam for an OHKO! xD
    Trying to remember where I get HM Dive..
    Once I do I'll be exploring all the diving spots and then going down to Kyogre.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back