• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hoenn? (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • The picture quality is far too terrible for it to mean anything. Just wait for actual information to surface instead of jumping to conclusions.

Ging

Fiendishly Observant.
    Years
  • That's Hoenns map alright. And in HG/SS map style. I think they will have Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions in this. As long as we have Johto and Kanto though...

This is true. Hoenn has a high chance of being in the games simply because GameFreak has been working on this game since 2007, right after the release of Diamond and Pearl. Two whole years for two regions? I doubt it, I bet Game Freak took their sweet time to complete all three regions to perfectly fit the DS card.

Many of you doubt it and think that it is too much for one game but then why leave it out? For the sake of an R/S remake?

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2009
    I would honestly say it's fake because of the poor quality, it could just be fan made. But then again it could be real. We wont know until something comes up

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
  • I can't believe you are still debating about kanto being in the game...Of course its going to be in the game, Kanto was a big thing for GSC. As much as this is a remake they well still have everything the originals had plus more. And that means Kanto, so far they have given us no reason to think otherwise, we have seen the route in the johto that leads to kanto and the Johto leage even uses the indego plato and Kanto shares some of the story line. I see no reason why any of you would still wonder if kanto is in the game.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I actually don't want this to be true.

Why? Well let me explain this before I'm attacked by Hoenn lovers:

This is supposed to be a remake of the 2nd Gen, giving people the chance to not only relive Johto in full DS glory, but to allow trades from the 4th Gen and back to help people complete their Pokedex, or at least fill most of it.

Now what is the point in adding Hoenn if this is possible? Even if it means you can get Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza using this method. I'm starting to lose faith in this 'remake' as it seems it might as well be the 5th Gen some people wanted and others didn't.

I can tolerate a slight addition of 4th Gen Pokemon and such, but to add another region which we can easily just access R/S/E for is just pointless in my opinion.

*Rant over*

We might get three regions now? I will like that once they confirm it.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I can't believe you are still debating about kanto being in the game...Of course its going to be in the game, Kanto was a big thing for GSC. As much as this is a remake they well still have everything the originals had plus more. And that means Kanto, so far they have given us no reason to think otherwise, we have seen the route in the johto that leads to kanto and the Johto leage even uses the indego plato and Kanto shares some of the story line. I see no reason why any of you would still wonder if kanto is in the game.

It's not about Kanto. =/

I sorta want to see Hoenn. But in the end, one knows they're gonna get the game regardless. XD

But yeah, the pic was just too.. well.. yeah, you get my point.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I go away for a week and this surfaces. It looks fake and all. Hoenn defintely did not have a big sandy nothing in it and where is mossdeep? Exatly. I just don't buy it.

Hydrath

Years
  • It's not about Kanto. =/

I sorta want to see Hoenn. But in the end, one knows they're gonna get the game regardless. XD

But yeah, the pic was just too.. well.. yeah, you get my point.
    The picture does in fact look too fake. I'm sure if it was confirmed we would not be debating anything about it. The possibility is definitely there. Like LG and FR had the sevii islands I won't be surprised if they add a new special region for these reoccurring legendaries. Hoenn and Orange Islands (Or at least something simelar to the orange islands) would be my best bet. The posilibities are endless. Heck they could even add traveling to the future with celebi for all we know (doubt it :p but could be cool.) Adding the hoenn region with HG/SS would mean skiping the RSE remakes... but skipping them would be good thing if it means 3 regions right now.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I don't want Hoenn to HG/SS how did you go to the Hoenn in G/S/C? You couldn't why would you go to there now? I think they still understand that they have to make own game with all regions not to put them into remake, so I say this is fake. In G/S/C there was only Johto and Kanto (two best region) not Hoenn (or Sinnoh).

Hydrath

Years
  • I remember hearing in the anime characters saying look, a Kyogre! so Im not sure.
    After doing some research I have confirmed that about every legendary pokemon is its own species with more then one member. The ones that is speculated to not have other faily members is, Aceus, Lake Trio, Legendary dragons and Mewtwo (no kiding its a Mew clone).

The only reason why you can only get one of each legendary (unless event or trade) is because they wan't them to be rare to have. They don't want you to catch 20 or breed 20. well breeding has its exceptions if you know who im talking about. why they dont just give them genders and say "cannot breed" is beyond me.

Legendaries were not supose to be gods and unique, just hard to get and powerful pokemon. That is why I really dipise Aceus and the whole 4th gen line up of legendaries. It's that very thing that helped ruin Pokemon.

Finnel

Years
  • I go away for a week and this surfaces. It looks fake and all. Hoenn defintely did not have a big sandy nothing in it and where is mossdeep? Exatly. I just don't buy it.
    Big sandy nothing? I think you might be looking at a light reflection, there.

Years
  • Before you call me "narrow-minded," I'd like to tell you I've thought about this. I'm a very open-minded person.

First of all, you can't compare Hoenn to the Sevii Islands. Hoenn is a completely new region that had it's own game, which may I add is actually compatible to the fourth gen and has pretty decent graphics.

The Sevii Islands were put there so you could get some Pokemon that weren't native to Kanto. They didn't go adding the entire Johto region to FrLg. I know you can argue this by saying they didn't have enough memory for Johto. However, this gave us a chance to have a Johto remake centered solely on Johto. Now, I don't mind that they made Cianwood bigger or added the Shinto ruins to HGSS, but adding the Hoenn region would be like going overkill with legendaries in Sinnoh. Now, I don't mind if they have all the regions in a completely NEW game, just not in a remake that's supposed to be centered around JOHTO. It was okay for Kanto to be there for several reasons: it was in the original game, the two regions were connected, that was the only way to get to the Elite Four and Mount Silver, Team Rocket appeared in both, and last when Kanto was there didn't overpower Johto in any way. It was "watered down."

At least RSE is compatible with the fourth generation and had good graphics. Johto wasn't. GSC had to be remade. I want them to work on Johto to make it look more amazing than ever and have a thoughtout plot. This game is about Johto. Even though Kanto was there the first time, it didn't take away from the greatness of Johto. It was "watered down." Johto was still the star. Kanto was just a side adventure. I don't mind if they make Kanto have more going on, but the focus should still be on Johto. I'd rather have them make both regions awesome rather than tossing in Hoenn.

If they/you want the ultimate game with all the regions, they can make one for the fifth gen. It shouldn't be in a remake centered around Johto. I'd rather play as May in Hoenn, not this new girl. At least we got the Hoenn legends available in this game like we got the Johto legends in FrLg. That's good enough.

Don't flame me for this. It's just how I feel. I'm not "narrow-minded" in any way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Though I would prefer that Hoenn is not there... seeing as these are G/S remakes... I wouldn't mind... as other people have said, more area = longer gameplay = more fun.

But I seriously doubt that this picture is real... no cell phone takes pictures THAT bad nowadays

Years
  • Some of you guys are so annoying i mean come on it is like the world will end if they change one thing if u want to relive the exact old days go play Gold or silver (which i got to say i replayed and there not as good as you all think there just longer).
    Also some of you sound suicidal if they add Gen III or Gen IV pokemon to the game which they will, No matter what after you finish the league you will get the national dex and a few new areas will open up Like always.

So im going to think of this as a revist to the jhoto but a new game with and old story So change what they want im still buying it. And if you think about it so will u no matter how much you bitc* and moan

Years
  • If you ask me, I'd rather see Hoenn in a different game. RSE is still compatible to the fourth gen. If they put Hoenn in HGSS, it won't be remade. I'd rather have them make Johto and Kanto amazing as possible instead of tossing in Hoenn. I don't mind if they add 3rd/4th gen Pokemon to this game, but I'd rather play as May/Brendan in Hoenn. If they save Hoenn for the fifth gen, they can make it an incredible game. They can add a lot more to it without taking up space. They can improve the contests, secret bases, make more elaborate underwater paths, give Aqua and Magma better Pokemon, and improve the Battle Frontier. Personally, I'd rather save Hoenn for the fifth gen. If they just toss it in HGSS, it won't live up to its full potential. I'd rather focus on Johto and some of Kanto for now. Make a Hoenn remake later.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    The picture quality is far too terrible for it to mean anything. Just wait for actual information to surface instead of jumping to conclusions.
    Exactly.

My own cell phone was one of the first camera phones ever made. It doesn't take pictures that horribly. The picture posted in that full-of-pointless-filler video was a green blob-like thing with red spots.

Besides, why would it be some random cell phone picture that is the only way to get information about this game? It has its own website, magazine coverage, televised coverage, and yet this new piece of information is only a blurry cell-phone picture.

I'm also not seeing too much of a problem having Hoenn in these game. It would give the player more to do at the end of the game. But people want the ~purity~ of these remakes, so I expected complaints.

Still, Hoenn is most likely not going to be in this game. The third generation games on the GBA can easily connect to the fourth generation games on the DS. The same can't be said about the second generation games. Because of this, there's no need for a third generation region to be added to this game because you can already get the Pokemon from that region in the third/forth generation games. The Pokemon that were only found in Johto/console games/required a lot of work to get (Johto starters, for example) are now easier to come by for fourth-gen games because of these remakes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • After looking at it... I'm going to call fake. It's way too low quality, comes from a dubious source (youtube =/= official source - wait for confirmation from Pokemon Sunday, or serebii.net, or Coro Coro, etc), isn't mentioned ANYWHERE else (if something IS legit, it tends to get some mentions - not even Japanese forums have said anything on this), and so forth.

Basically, if Hoenn actually is confirmed to be in the games, it can be discussed, but no point having all this confusion from a dodgy picture. =/

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back