• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023
Uh Level 37 after Elesa? That's pretty over-leveled if you ask me :P But if you've already beaten the game it's irrelevant now. Sorry Dx

I see. That was just after I finished grinding. I just forgot to mention it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Guys, just a quick question!

When you finally arrive at the E4, what kind of preparations do you all make? :D

I wanna know if people does things differently or everything just basically prepares the same way^^

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

When you finally arrive at the E4, what kind of preparations do you all make? :D

I wanna know if people does things differently or everything just basically prepares the same way^^
Well I try to max out my EVs if needed, maybe do a little EV training if I have the berries for it. Then I get rid of HM moves and relearn or teach better moves. Finally, I save my Rare Candies during gameplay to use here as well, and get everyone on my team to the same level. I do this pretty much every time.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 14, 2023

Normally I just adjust the movesets and do a bit of grinding if I'm way underleveled.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I always spend time grinding my entire team to the same level, then travel around the region to collect whatever TM's I need to perfect my team's movesets. Because of this, I sometimes end up a little too well prepared to take on the Elite Four xD

Tek

Years
Well I try to max out my EVs if needed, maybe do a little EV training if I have the berries for it. Then I get rid of HM moves and relearn or teach better moves. Finally, I save my Rare Candies during gameplay to use here as well, and get everyone on my team to the same level. I do this pretty much every time.

I usually do this, more or less. Except that I typically use all of my Rare Candies on the Pokemon that hits the hardest, or the one I'll primarily be using against the Champion.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Oh yeah, I forgot about my ritual with Rare Candies, which I believe may be unusual. I don't use them unless I have to - what I do is I go through the Elite Four and if I don't beat the Champion on the first try, I just give all of the Rare Candies I have to whichever team member(s) is/are best equipped to deal with the Champion's Pokemon that are giving me problems. Very rarely do I spread them evenly across the entire team, sometimes resulting in a single team member up to four or five levels higher than the rest of the team.

Years

Usually i'm not too ready upon reaching the league, but I tend to go in lower-leveled than them. I'll often attempt to set a certain level i'll go in at (usually ~51/52 for RSE, ~56/57 for FRLG and Platinum, 47 for BW, ~57 for BW2 on Challenge Mode, and 59 or 61 in XY, just for a perspective). I'll stuff down the Rare Candies once I have enough to get me to the level I want. In my Red Mono-Color in Ruby, I had to use a total of 24 Rare Candies (I had four Linoone that I caught as Pickup slaves to help me during training) to get my entire team to Level 51 before entering. After the Elite Four in BW, i'll go to at least Level 50 before N and Ghetsis because of the higher difficulty level compared to other Champions save Cynthia.

As for EV training like jd mentioned, I usually only do that in Wedlockes after adding new recruits to my team. When I reached the league in my White 2 Wedlocke I had two replacements I had to throw in after two deaths during Victory Road, and I had finished (EV) training two more after Ghetsis wiped a pair of mine. If I do have a fresh new catch though, sometimes i'll give it some vitamins.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Do Pinsir, Magnemite, and/or Seadra. And the Mono-Color challenge is calling your name. ;)
I finished Pinsir after working on it yesterday and today, Magnemite will be next, followed by Seadra. I'm just really glad that Seismic Toss hits Ghost-types in Gen 1.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I usually just sell everything in my bag and waste my whole wallet for Revives and Full Restore then I use all my vitamins and Rare Candies that I saved up the whole time and use it on the most apporpriate Pokemon^^

Then use my PP Ups on moves I know that I will be using a lot to devastate the E4 and the champion :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I usually just sell everything in my bag and waste my whole wallet for Revives and Full Restore then I use all my vitamins and Rare Candies that I saved up the whole time and use it on the most apporpriate Pokemon^^

Then use my PP Ups on moves I know that I will be using a lot to devastate the E4 and the champion :)
Shouldn't you use vitamins as soon as you get them? They have a better effect earlier in the game I would think.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Shouldn't you use vitamins as soon as you get them? They have a better effect earlier in the game I would think.

early game isn't that much of a problem for me unless I got horrible Pokemon to deal with the gym leaders, then I will use the vitamins to boost them up. Besides that I just wait until I get my full team to use them :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just wanted everyone to know that I will be able to mega evolve in ORAS and this is the greatest news of all time.

Exposure

Challenger
Years
Hello, everybody.

My name is Exposure and I am a long time lurker (7+ years...) on the PokéCommunity forums. What keeps me interested in Pokémon games for the most part are Nuzlocke runs and other challenge runs. I am planning on taking on a massive challenge to not only push me to my limits but to entertain others.

I am going to be doing a Nuzlocke run (blind, when possible) of many games, including the originals, ROM Hacks (full hacks and "sideshows"), and custom games on their own (Raptor, Reborn, etc.). After this, I will be doing a "catch-'em-all" run in which I catch every Pokémon available, with the help of location guides. Doing both of these things is very rewarding for me and I hope that I have a good time doing it while others enjoy watching and following my progress as well.

The games I have in mind as of now are:

Spoiler:

If you think there is another game I should include or you have any questions, please let me know. I'd love to hear it :)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I became shiny. I guess if I get promoted to admin, I mega evolve? lol

I wonder if shiny Mega Altaria will be different from regular shiny Altaria. I'm kinda hoping for it to either be all gold (wings included), or to have some pink thrown in.

Also, welcome to Challenges Exposure :D Good luck with completing all of your planned challenges!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You do realize that if it has pink, I will DIE...right? :D It's already Fairy and that's got me super pumped. For those of you that do have a storage copy, do you plan on moving your stuff over from X or Y onto ORAS? I think I might. With Bank, it will be easier than the old method of trading. I'll at least move my shinies and maybe legendaries. I think I might go for completing my Dex again. I had a lot of fun with that.

And yes, welcome Exposure! You've been lurking longer than I've even been here, haha. Glad to see you've finally joined us. We're only slightly crazy here. :3

Alsoooo I am going to shiny hunt a Heracross soon. It's pink...so yeah. :)

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'm not sure if/what I'll be transferring over to AlphaSapphire.. I may just do enough to complete my Pokedex or something.

Also, today I got to a 50 streak in Super Singles at the Battle Maison to get a gold trainer card, which means I'm a little bit closer to getting back to playing primarily challenges! I took a little break about a month or so ago to 'complete' my copy of X, and that was one of the last things on my list. However, I may try to get every trophy in the Maison now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back