• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Home is where the Challenges are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So uhm... am I allowed to redo the Type Cycle challenge? Even tho it hasn't been more than 2 months yet? People are waiting for their team to get assigned but the owner of the challenge hasn't been on since June 2nd ^~^"

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Guys, just a quick question!

When you finally arrive at the E4, what kind of preparations do you all make? :D

I wanna know if people does things differently or everything just basically prepares the same way^^

solos: level to level 100, buy like 15 hyper potions, 5 full heals, and begin... (note I can only get 10 rare candies)

most else: same as above, but level to around 65.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
solos: level to level 100, buy like 15 hyper potions, 5 full heals, and begin... (note I can only get 10 rare candies)

most else: same as above, but level to around 65.

Doesn't it take ages to get a solo Pokemon to level 100? I remember in FireRed I almost did a solo run with my Venusaur then I picked up Scyther. My Venusaur was around level 80-ish when I arrived at the E4.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I did a few solos a while back before I got on my monotype kick, and I would always try to level them up to 100. It usually took a while, but I felt like they deserved the distinction for making it through the whole game by themselves xD

Tek

Years
Are we allowed to revive a challenge if the owner isn't active on it anymore? And he's been inactive from the from the forums for about a month? I'm talking about the Type Cycle challenge :P

So uhm... am I allowed to redo the Type Cycle challenge? Even tho it hasn't been more than 2 months yet? People are waiting for their team to get assigned but the owner of the challenge hasn't been on since June 2nd ^~^"

Lol. I think you may need to PM "somebody" about this *cough* Necrum *cough* :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Lol. I think you may need to PM "somebody" about this *cough* Necrum *cough* :D
Sorry I didn't respond to the thing about the challenge sooner, it's been an interesting week for me. nothing bad I just wasn't around much. Plus the weird state of my internet this Summer. But yeah, over all I think it would be best to PM me if you have concerns about a thread.
For those of you that do have a storage copy, do you plan on moving your stuff over from X or Y onto ORAS? I think I might. With Bank, it will be easier than the old method of trading. I'll at least move my shinies and maybe legendaries. I think I might go for completing my Dex again. I had a lot of fun with that.
Technically I don't have a storage copy. I just use Bank for storage now haha! My non resetting game is mostly for breeding. But I will be moving to Alpha Sapphire as my breeding game when they're released, with Omega Ruby being my Challenges cart. :3

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Doesn't it take ages to get a solo Pokemon to level 100? I remember in FireRed I almost did a solo run with my Venusaur then I picked up Scyther. My Venusaur was around level 80-ish when I arrived at the E4.

long story short... yes. unless it's that level 85 budew I had, in which I raised to level 90 and used 10 rare candies since I already had to grind from levels 60-80 to battle cyrus (THAT FREAKING WEAVILE), but considering my solos have been pichu, budew, and coning soon azurill... they kind of need it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
long story short... yes. unless it's that level 85 budew I had, in which I raised to level 90 and used 10 rare candies since I already had to grind from levels 60-80 to battle cyrus (THAT FREAKING WEAVILE), but considering my solos have been pichu, budew, and coning soon azurill... they kind of need it.

Omg, baby Pokemon are such a pain to play with.. I can't believe you actually went through all that xD

Years
Indeed, LilJz is right there. What kind of solo challenge was it for? Because you'd have to be hardcore to go with baby Pokémon, and I don't want to know how bad the final battles must've been xP

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I can't think of any other way to make a solo challenging. If you have a fully evolved Pokemon you can easily reach a point where you start sweeping most of your enemies. Which is why I don't really play solos.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Indeed, LilJz is right there. What kind of solo challenge was it for? Because you'd have to be hardcore to go with baby Pokémon, and I don't want to know how bad the final battles must've been xP

Well, I wanted to do a really hard challenge, then I saw the solo challenge. I wanted to pick a really hard but not downright insane (as in unown) for it. I was thinking of pokemon like sunkern and such, when I suddenly realized: Pichu! It's defenses were crap, so there's the challenge, and when I was using a bunch of baby pokemon is a barely started baby challenge pichu was the star. it's offenses were low but workable, high speed overlooked the defenses, and well... I started. I kinda feel bad, because I feel I cheated, as to avois going in waaay overleveled I kinda manipulated luck... it learns sweet kiss really early :P. had it been level 100 when I took on the E4 (it was level 90) and I had enough hyper potions (65 defense and 186 HP at level 100) I probably could've done it fine, though. budew was easier because it had workable defenses, but until I got to gym 2 it's type coverage was mega drain and HP grass. CUT WAS somehow USEFUL. Even so, the type matchups for it for the majority of the game were downright awful (for example, bronzor is everywhere and resists all it's moves except shadow ball). 4 weaknesses were a lot more than pichu's 1, and I didn't get sludge bomb until after the 7th gym, while thunderbolt was after 5. azurill started as the hardest due to it's literal no damaging moves until level 10, so HP fighting was god. I SR for huge power, but unlike pichu and budew, azzuril had one new flaw: IT WAS REALLY SLOW. eventually I gave up on it going first. plus lack of physical movepool (slam early, return after gym 2, iron tail after 5, and waterfall after 8). actually the final battles were not so bad, but then again, the guys were level 100.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm doing a plushie challenge on Heart Gold. All the eggs are ready to be traded in soul silver. Just gotta make sure I'm at a stage where I can trade.

Reactions: Tek
Years
Hm. By plushie do you mean like baby Pokémon, or stuff you hatch from eggs? Sounds like the latter, care to explain more about the concept? It seems a bit like a basic stage, or un-evolved, challenge to me.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hm. By plushie do you mean like baby Pokémon, or stuff you hatch from eggs? Sounds like the latter, care to explain more about the concept? It seems a bit like a basic stage, or un-evolved, challenge to me.
I think they mean playing with Pokemon they have plushies of. Jak made a challenge that included plushies a long time back, an event actually, probably the Valentines one last year but I can't remember for sure.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
You can trade as soon as you get to Cherrygrove

Thanks. Just hatched all my eggs on Heart-Gold and completed my grinding.

I was going to call both Dewgongs Mary-Kate & Ashley after the famous twins, but one of them turned out to be male. The dewgong that would have been called Ashley is now called Jaime and Mary-Kate shall be renamed Cersei when I get to Goldenrod City.

Team so far
Lilia the Igglybuff (I have plushies of the whole jigglepuff line)

Matron Chansey (It's going to evolve into Blissey. I have two of her.)

Athena the oddish (I have one Oddish plush and a vileplume plush. Athena will evolve into Vileplume. Athena is male but I ship Athena and Junie from the game series Ace Attorney)

Junie the Oddish (3 Bellossom plushies so evolving her into Bellossom)

Mary-Kate and Jaime the two seels. (They will both be dewgongs)

I got all six of them holding experiance shares that I cloned so none of my pokemon get left out and that they're all equally leveled.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Actually, you can trade as soon as you have the Pokedex. You can't trade your first time through Cherrygrove.

I was able to trade eggs from my HG to my Jap SS as soon as I reached Cherrygrove's PC during my NFE + Born and Raised challenge. I battled my rival for the first time using my Skitty.

It was a while ago, so I could be remembering wrong. But I'm pretty sure that's how it went down.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Imagine going with a team of Pokemon that you randomly received as eggs. You'd have no idea what is inside them until they hatch and then you'd have to finish the game with them. Sounds like a fun idea^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back