• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2009
    ckret, I would just like to congratulate you on even thinking of all this.

I'm still trying to think of something a little bit creative (although I will most likely being doing GSC hacking), and this just popped out at me.

Don't listen to everyone else, I feel like having to start of with Rattata is realistic to the game and a great idea. That coupled with being able to steal pokemon and go up the ranks is pretty cool.

I do have a question though. Will you at any time be able to face the heros like Red, Lance, etc? I'm a big Lance fanatic and love any opportunity to play him.

Years
  • WOW

Wow i just realized from that video and all the work and info u put in there how great this hack is. I think is one if not the best hack in this place......but there are a lot of great ones.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • This is one of those awesome hacks that just comes out of nowhere, and BANG! its already a winner ^^
    Awesome job with this so far, I can see this coming a very, very long way in the hacking world. Keep it up ^^

Thanks, I certainly hope it will.

ckret, I would just like to congratulate you on even thinking of all this.

I'm still trying to think of something a little bit creative (although I will most likely being doing GSC hacking), and this just popped out at me.

Don't listen to everyone else, I feel like having to start of with Rattata is realistic to the game and a great idea. That coupled with being able to steal pokemon and go up the ranks is pretty cool.

I do have a question though. Will you at any time be able to face the heros like Red, Lance, etc? I'm a big Lance fanatic and love any opportunity to play him.

Thanks! And yeah, it's pretty much going to be Rattata no matter what the complaints are. Nobody wants Rattata as a starter. Nobody's supposed to want Rattata as a starter. If you get your Rattata and are grumbling to yourself about the stupid rat and how you can't wait to find something, ANYTHING better than this stupid rat, then my mission's accomplished. You won't feel so bad when you steal some sweet little girl's precious Vulpy or Oddy. It's a good way to get the player into a Team Rocket mindframe, I think. :P

Yep, I've already made quite a few plans for how you'll get to face Red. (And there have been some epic arguments about what his final team will look like, heh...) I haven't planned Lance's team out yet, but seeing as he's eventually running around the Mahogany Rocket Base wreaking havoc, you'll definitely get to battle him then. Dunno if you'll battle him at any other time, though.

Other heroes you'll be facing include Kris and Silver. (... Okay, so Silver's not a hero. He's a main character, though.) Jenny and Mewtwo (and Mewtwo's brainwashed underlings...) will also be recurring enemies.

Wow i just realized from that video and all the work and info u put in there how great this hack is. I think is one if not the best hack in this place......but there are a lot of great ones.

Thanks! I'd like to think ToxicPurple could be as good as the other hacks on this site, but we'll see when more gets done.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Thanks! I'd like to think ToxicPurple could be as good as the other hacks on this site, but we'll see when more gets done.

Well, sadly, I can't say that it can be one of the best hacks on PC yet.

..however, I can say absolutely positively that this has the best storyline I've ever seen. And the gameplay thus far.. if only the dialogue.. it's inspiring, to say the least. I think you've proved you can put these brilliant ideas into a brilliant hack, ckret. I wish you luck and all of my assistance. ^^

ckret2

Years
  • yup it does look great and the video looked good too

Thank you. :D

Well, sadly, I can't say that it can be one of the best hacks on PC yet.

..however, I can say absolutely positively that this has the best storyline I've ever seen. And the gameplay thus far.. if only the dialogue.. it's inspiring, to say the least. I think you've proved you can put these brilliant ideas into a brilliant hack, ckret. I wish you luck and all of my assistance. ^^

Good enough for me! Really, it's not like I've shown enough of the game for it to have proven its worth yet... As long as what I've done so far is good, I'm happy.

... As for assistance, if you every find someone who's able to insert sprites, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. (Since from Rebirth it looks like you've got the same problem as me. Alas for malfunctioning unLZ.gba, yeah?)

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I nearly cryed when that video ended, seriously it was amazing
    For a n00b you have done heaps to learn stuff
    Bravo

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • The video was amazing.

I know you have already said that you don't plan on putting Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in the hack (and I understand that they wouldn't be in the wild) but you could put the new evolutions of exiting Pokemon in and have some Hoenn and Sinnoh that you get as stolen Pokemon. This way you can get rare Pokemon but only by stealing.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Just one word to describe the video: AWESOME! I cant wait for the first beta!

Oh, and are you able to steal one psychic-type from those guys at the gym?

ckret2

Years
  • The video was amazing.

I know you have already said that you don't plan on putting Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon in the hack (and I understand that they wouldn't be in the wild) but you could put the new evolutions of exiting Pokemon in and have some Hoenn and Sinnoh that you get as stolen Pokemon. This way you can get rare Pokemon but only by stealing.

I've got some plans to have a few Hoenn Pokémon as stealable. Sinnoh, less likely at this point.

Just one word to describe the video: AWESOME! I cant wait for the first beta!

Oh, and are you able to steal one psychic-type from those guys at the gym?

Sorry, no, you aren't. You get to choose from Diana's three Pokémon. (Your rival steals a Psychic-type, though.) You and your rival are interrupted before you can do anything more than steal a Pokémon each.

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
  • My interest!
    You have it.
    This looks really good, If theres anything you need help with, let me know, I'll do what I can.

Mew-Mewwer

Miyuuuuu?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2009
    I saw a Team Rocket hack before, but that one only was... you know... normal? Like really normal. Boring actually... But this one is great! I mean... Stealing pokemon like real rockets?! Sounds fun! I wanna play it when a beta is there!

Tony Montana

Years
  • Sorry, no, you aren't. You get to choose from Diana's three Pokémon. (Your rival steals a Psychic-type, though.) You and your rival are interrupted before you can do anything more than steal a Pokémon each.

No, i mean later in the game, when u challenge the gym, can u steal one? Cuz id love to have a Kadabra or Mr Mime in my team.

ckret2

Years
  • My interest!
    You have it.
    This looks really good, If theres anything you need help with, let me know, I'll do what I can.

Thanks, I appreciate the support. What do you have experience in?

I saw a Team Rocket hack before, but that one only was... you know... normal? Like really normal. Boring actually... But this one is great! I mean... Stealing pokemon like real rockets?! Sounds fun! I wanna play it when a beta is there!

Glad you like! It'll still be a while before the first beta.

No, i mean later in the game, when u challenge the gym, can u steal one? Cuz id love to have a Kadabra or Mr Mime in my team.

Oh! Yeah, you'll be able to get Psychic-types, although not from Sabrina's Gym. Various routes will have wild Abra, and you'll be able to steal Mr. Mime from the guy who offers to trade one to Red in the original games.

You never "challenge" the gyms, by the way. Gym Leaders would refuse to do badge matches with Rockets, and Rockets don't want badges anyway. You do battle Sabrina, but that's in Silph Co., because she's set herself in the lobby and is blocking Team Rocket from taking over. It has nothing to do with her gym, though.

Great looks fun cant wait for a beta.

It'll be ready when it's ready.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I am applying as a tile artist for the hack.

Some proof: (Dont use these people)
    [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

[HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Need some more? Pm me

Contact info, MSN, AIM, Yahoo, PM me for them ^^

Tony Montana

Years
  • Oh! Yeah, you'll be able to get Psychic-types, although not from Sabrina's Gym. Various routes will have wild Abra, and you'll be able to steal Mr. Mime from the guy who offers to trade one to Red in the original games.

You never "challenge" the gyms, by the way. Gym Leaders would refuse to do badge matches with Rockets, and Rockets don't want badges anyway. You do battle Sabrina, but that's in Silph Co., because she's set herself in the lobby and is blocking Team Rocket from taking over. It has nothing to do with her gym, though.

Okay, thanks for the info (i thought you battled Sabrina at the Gym).

Oh, and btw, pokemon like Kadabra that evolve through trading, are they gonna evolve this way in this game?

ckret2

Years
  • Okay, thanks for the info (i thought you battled Sabrina at the Gym).

Oh, and btw, pokemon like Kadabra that evolve through trading, are they gonna evolve this way in this game?

I haven't decided how I'm going to handle trade evolutions yet. I might change the method of evolution, or might set up NPCs that will do trade evolutions with you: trade a Kadabra for a Kadabra, for example. The problem with that is the Alakazam you get from that trade won't be yours--bad news if you want to stay the OT of your Pokémon, or don't want the experience bonus, or haven't gotten the "badge"/promotion that will let you control that Pokémon yet...

The best idea (and what I'm going to try to do if I find a way for it to work) is to set up an experimental Rocket forced-evolution machine. They were experimenting with forced evolution in Johto, which is why a bunch of Magikarp started evolving into Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, so it would be plausible for them to have some machine set up in Mahogany Town that would trigger the evolutions of trade-evolution Pokémon without actually having to trade them. That's what I'd REALLY like to do, but don't know how yet. I'm assuming the part of the script that controls evolution-by-trading is buried somewhere deep inside the mess of coding that controls trading in general, so it may not be possible to make a script that can trigger a trade evolution without a trade--or, if it IS possible, unless someone else has located that script already, it's almost definitely beyond my current abilities to find it myself.

Failing that, though, one of the above two options--changing the method of evolution or adding in-game trades--is what I'm going to go with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back