• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
  • I have no idea about Frustration, but you should probably ditch it. You can keep Protect, and I don't see any reason to replace the Eevee.
    The Mewtwo thing sounds like a great idea to me, have you considered making him an actual trainer at times? Like how in the movie he battles with his clones? Just make the trainerbattle, and then afterwards Mewtwo says something predictable like "Im not finished", or "Let me show you my true power!" Then have the wildbattle.
    If you do play with his moveset, could you conceivably make him learn Psychic at a lower level? It seems like he should be more dangerous and diversified at a lower level than normal since you'll be seeing him well before the usual level 70...
    Eh, I don't know, just ideas for you off the top of my head.
    Looking forward to seeing more progress on this. :)

PS. I did bother going back down the Tower afterwards, and it looks like it worked perfectly.

All right, cool. I'll cut Frustration.

A lot of the time Mewtwo's going to use other people to battle for him, so there's something like your idea in the game already. (Sometimes when Mewtwo's just sitting there watching his minions work. What a lazy master. XD) But I like your idea, that in the final battle against Mewtwo, he would use other Pokémon and then battle you himself. That can be the battle where you're finally able to catch him. After he weakened your team with his Pokémon. Nice. Thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah, I'll probably let him learn Psychic at a lower level. Or some move like that. Maybe Psybeam, at a minimum. Or give him Shadow Ball, perhaps? It's a Ghost-type move, but it's his signature move in the movie. (And even in Super Smash Bros., of all things. XD)

One thing that I should point out, though--in ToxicPurple, Mewtwo's not going to be able to talk. He might occasionally communicate through other people by telepathically controlling them, maybe, but he doesn't use his psychic powers to talk by himself like he does in the anime. I'm going off the game for that, because when you talk to him in FR/LG in Cerulean Cave, all he says is "Mew!" Which means he either sees Mew fly behind you right before the battle starts, or he's like normal Pokémon and can only communicate by... well, by saying his name. (Kinda sad. XD)

Glad to hear the tower works! Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Shadow Ball for Mewtwo is a must have for sure. Throw in Calm Mind and Recover and you've got a major force on your hands.
    Yes, it is very sad that he can only say his name... Maybe have him abduct a permanent puppet or something similar. He can keep the poor guy at his beck and call at all time. Kind of roles reversed; Giovanni and Persian, Mewtwo and [insert name here]. Heck, to make things interesting have him kidnap Leone; then you have to save him.
    Sorry, more random ideas. :D

ckret2

Years
  • Shadow Ball for Mewtwo is a must have for sure. Throw in Calm Mind and Recover and you've got a major force on your hands.
    Yes, it is very sad that he can only say his name... Maybe have him abduct a permanent puppet or something similar. He can keep the poor guy at his beck and call at all time. Kind of roles reversed; Giovanni and Persian, Mewtwo and [insert name here]. Heck, to make things interesting have him kidnap Leone; then you have to save him.
    Sorry, more random ideas. :D

Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Recover. Psychic for the fourth move, I assume. Yeesh. That will be a force to reckon with indeed.

Considering that Leone ends up semi-obssessed with Psychic-types, it would be quite ironic if he ended up Mewtwo's slave. But starting in the Johto arc, Mewtwo's already got one "puppet" that he uses pretty consistently until you catch him:

[HotM October 2009] Pokémon ToxicPurple (Team Rocket hack)

Amber, based on the kid from the Birth of Mewtwo short: bio here. Here, she spends a lot less time being cutesy and a lot more time being a slave. (Well, okay, I guess she's still a cutesy slave. Kinda like a pre-Jean Cosette. ... And probably nobody is going to get the Les Miz reference. XD)

Leone's not going to be present during the Johto arc, since he isn't in Johto; when Team Rocket falls at the end of the Kanto arc, the player and Leone both get arrested. Leone is from Cerulean City so he's sent to prison in Kanto, Corey is from Mahogany Town so s/he's sent to prison in Johto. But after the Johto arc you get to go back to Kanto, and Leone may very well show up again then. ;) By that time, though, you'll already have had your chance to catch Mewtwo.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Awesome stuff. Definitely looking forward to everything you've thought up for this.
    Proof that a compelling story easily beats out new tiles or slick graphics. In my opinion, this transcends all other hacks so far.
    Sorry if I'm being too... Eh, I don't know the word for it. Flattering. I'll come back and edit once I find a better way to turn the phrase.

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Hey if you dont mind, Im working on your character's backsprites.

Also, I started playing it yesterday and it's awesome, I just need to find a good place to train my Rattata and Poliwag. Hope the next alpha (or beta) comes out soon!

Im done with the male character backsprite (I name him Toni in reference from Toni Cipriani from GTA III and LCS) and the female's backsprite will be done by...ummm...Saturday I suppose.

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    oh and i wanted to ask u something cuz no one else wants to help me with this...grr.. and u seem nice enough to help me..plus u have a mac haha..

u kno how u need pallete files to make colors correct in tilemolestor?
    well how do get them since the mac vba doesnt have a pallete veiwer...
    i asked around a bit to see if anyone would just send me some palleted files for the OW sprites and what not, but no one does :(..

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
    Years
  • hey, just played the alpha and wow, u did a great job. the only thing that bugs me is the ratatta. could u please give it some good move or some sort of advantage because that and an oddish only go so far against primarily poison and electricity trainers.
    keep up the great work
    spaceboy

ckret2

Years
  • Awesome stuff. Definitely looking forward to everything you've thought up for this.
    Proof that a compelling story easily beats out new tiles or slick graphics. In my opinion, this transcends all other hacks so far.
    Sorry if I'm being too... Eh, I don't know the word for it. Flattering. I'll come back and edit once I find a better way to turn the phrase.

XD That's all right, I'm complimented. I shall do my best to make sure this hack lives up to its praise!

Hey if you dont mind, Im working on your character's backsprites.

Also, I started playing it yesterday and it's awesome, I just need to find a good place to train my Rattata and Poliwag. Hope the next alpha (or beta) comes out soon!

Im done with the male character backsprite (I name him Toni in reference from Toni Cipriani from GTA III and LCS) and the female's backsprite will be done by...ummm...Saturday I suppose.

Er, thanks for the offer, but... actually, yeah, I do mind. (If you missed all the drama that happened between mineowyn and me, suffice it to say that I don't like people doing sprites for me when I haven't asked them to do sprites.)

I've already started on the backsprites, and would prefer to do them myself. While I'm okay with getting help on some items and some trainer sprites (if I've asked for them), I'm doing the main character sprites--back, front, and OW--by myself. If I want help on any of the main character sprites, like if I can't figure out how to get a certain part to look good, then I'll ask for help.

Thank you, though, and I realize you're just trying to help with the hack; but the main character sprites are ones I'd like to do myself.

oh and i wanted to ask u something cuz no one else wants to help me with this...grr.. and u seem nice enough to help me..plus u have a mac haha..

u kno how u need pallete files to make colors correct in tilemolestor?
    well how do get them since the mac vba doesnt have a pallete veiwer...
    i asked around a bit to see if anyone would just send me some palleted files for the OW sprites and what not, but no one does :(..

I wish I could tell you, because I've tried looking for those palletes, too... Not being able to access them is the main reason why I haven't been able to change the intro sprites yet. (Well, that, and I haven't made them, but I figure "Why make them if you can't insert them yet?") The only workaround I can think of that might work would be using the Windows version of VBA on Darwine, but since you've got a PowerPC and it can't work Darwine...

Sorry I can't help more. If I ever find a workaround for Macs that doesn't need Darwine, I'll let you know.

hey, just played the alpha and wow, u did a great job. the only thing that bugs me is the ratatta. could u please give it some good move or some sort of advantage because that and an oddish only go so far against primarily poison and electricity trainers.
    keep up the great work
    spaceboy

And ruin the Rocket experience of having to battle twerps with a single useless rat? :P

Eh, sorry. The thing is, yeah, Rattata's lame, but it's lame on purpose. The game's supposed to really feel like what life is like for a Rocket, and Rockets just have lame Pokémon. None of their Rattata are souped-up super-tough.

Though if this helps, I'm going to be adding a few patches of grass to Route 8 that you don't need Cut to reach, so that you can train your useless Rattata. I'll also be lowering the levels of some Pokémon, like that Nerd's Voltorb, and taking Frustration away from the Biker's Eevee and changing a Muk into a Grimer. Rattata's not going to become any less lame, but the trainers around it will become lamer to match it.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • And ruin the Rocket experience of having to battle twerps with a single useless rat? :P

Eh, sorry. The thing is, yeah, Rattata's lame, but it's lame on purpose. The game's supposed to really feel like what life is like for a Rocket, and Rockets just have lame Pokémon. None of their Rattata are souped-up super-tough.

Though if this helps, I'm going to be adding a few patches of grass to Route 8 that you don't need Cut to reach, so that you can train your useless Rattata. I'll also be lowering the levels of some Pokémon, like that Nerd's Voltorb, and taking Frustration away from the Biker's Eevee and changing a Muk into a Grimer. Rattata's not going to become any less lame, but the trainers around it will become lamer to match it.

Well, like I said, Rattata wasn't lame for me. It got me out of tough battles (Like with the Eevee) So when the next alpha/bate comes out, I'm going to keep my little purple guy. (I actually like Rattata a little. More so then Raticate.) But if I don't find a better Pokemon to replace it with before long, it's just gonna stay by this Rocket's side for a while! ^^ But I understand what you're trying to get at.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    it's great to see such a dedicated hack owner and creator. i can believe with confidence that this game will be finished. and have great acclaim.

high expectations, but i truly believe it.

flyin_hawaiian

the one nobody knows...yet!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    The alpha is amazing!! I chose vulpix. The trainers were hard, but I think that is pretty cool. I got the Machete and was like "cool now I can go stab things." =P

Anyway, I have an idea for stealing pokemon.
    In the script you could have a normal trainer battle script, then afterward you could
    have the trainer or person you just battled have a wildbattle script of a pokemon you want Corey to steal. Then you could catch it like any other regular pokemon. Just a thought.

p.s. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    And to the people who don't think Rattata isn't very good, mine was strangly very, very strong. In got me out of tough spots more than once.
    Hahaha me too.I changed my mind about those purple rats,And im gunna keep him in my party until i become a Team rocket admin.Imagine an admin with a Rattata(Raticate actully),I hope they dont think mine had sterroids when i become one. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    i already finished the alpha... awesome job... keep it up... i like the story alot... i loved the COREY-F overworld sprite

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
    Years
  • Ok no problem. Ill have it saved in my PC for if something happens.

and I need a better place to train my Rattata. Like, Poliwag's at lv 11 and the li'l rat is just 8...

ckret2

Years
  • Well, like I said, Rattata wasn't lame for me. It got me out of tough battles (Like with the Eevee) So when the next alpha/bate comes out, I'm going to keep my little purple guy. (I actually like Rattata a little. More so then Raticate.) But if I don't find a better Pokemon to replace it with before long, it's just gonna stay by this Rocket's side for a while! ^^ But I understand what you're trying to get at.

Yeah, Rattata's not actually as godawful as it looks at first sight. XD It learns Hyper Fang at level 13--80 base power, 120 with STAB, and a 10% chance of causing a flinch, which goes well with its relatively high speed. And then Super Fang, which cuts the foe's current HP in half... Hey, those are pretty good moves. Man, I knew Hyper Fang was annoying as heck to have to go up against, but I didn't know all that. (Thank you Bulbapedia and your wealth of knowledge.) I think I'm keeping my Rattata too.

Stealing from that little kid made me feel so evil!(because she talked so sweetly) I love this hack, keep it up!

And I agree about the after battle stealing.

Team Rocket: systematically destroying your pity for innocent children since 1996. :P

You mean that you agree that stealing should stay an after-battle event, not a mid-battle event?

it's great to see such a dedicated hack owner and creator. i can believe with confidence that this game will be finished. and have great acclaim.

high expectations, but i truly believe it.

Thank you! I hope it can keep living up to that expectation.

The alpha is amazing!! I chose vulpix. The trainers were hard, but I think that is pretty cool. I got the Machete and was like "cool now I can go stab things." =P

Anyway, I have an idea for stealing pokemon.
    In the script you could have a normal trainer battle script, then afterward you could
    have the trainer or person you just battled have a wildbattle script of a pokemon you want Corey to steal. Then you could catch it like any other regular pokemon. Just a thought.

p.s. Keep it up!

Hmm... Interesting idea. Though why would a Pokémon that a trainer already owns become wild, when its trainer holds it in a Poké Ball? Pokémon that are in a Poké Ball are pretty much tied to their Poké Ball, so you can't catch a Pokémon in a Poké Ball if some other trainer already owns it. (Unless you're first-movie-Mewtwo, but if Mewtwo's really fixed on doing something a certain way, I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him he can't.)

So, the trainer you just beat would have to release his Pokémon into the wild, knowing that there's a Rocket standing there waiting to catch it, and then even heal it with a Revive or something to give the Rocket an opportunity to catch it since the Rocket probably just knocked it out in the previous battle.

Beyond the in-game logic, there's a mechanics issue: if there's a wild battle, if you catch the Pokémon, it'll automatically be sent to Bill's box. I'm trying to make it impossible to steal a Pokémon if your party is full, so that it won't be sent to Bill's box. It'll be an additional challenge, trying to keep your party down to five Pokémon at all times instead of getting to use six, in case there's an opportunity to steal a Pokémon. (How many Rockets do you see with a full party of six? Even Giovanni only uses five in his gym battle.) That wouldn't work with a wild battle, because there's no way to prevent catching a Pokémon and sending it to Bill when your party's full.

Ok no problem. Ill have it saved in my PC for if something happens.

and I need a better place to train my Rattata. Like, Poliwag's at lv 11 and the li'l rat is just 8...

Hmm... I'm going to add some grass on Route 8 where you can train. In the meantime, you could also run around Pokémon Tower on some of the higher levels, sometimes a Zubat will pop up instead of Gastly. That takes a lot of time, though. Well, after you beat Marowak, you get a machete, which you can use to cut down the shrubs on Route 8 that block that big grass patch. You can train Rattata there.

But by the next alpha, I'll have some grass on Route 8 that you don't need Cut to reach, so you'll get a chance to train there.

XDragon

Needs a title
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    Hey, I just wanted to say this is a very well done Hack. A buddy of mine sent me here since we were recently discussing some Team Rocket things. I always wanted to join the Rockets in game once doing that nugget bridge challenge.

So I downloaded the hack and played through the Alpha and it was a great experience. I loved the battles on the way to Lavender town. I didn't find the Eevee too tough for my Vulpix, or anything for that matter. Great great job, i love the darker tone to the game as well. I can't wait to see where this goes and I hope you finish it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Eevee wasnt Tough,it was easy and when i saw that Muk i laughed So hard.
    I just got hitmonlee and with having Hypnosis and Psychic the dojo will be dead but i though it would be better to teach Psychic To poliwag instead of ghastly.XD

ckret2

Years
  • Hey, I just wanted to say this is a very well done Hack. A buddy of mine sent me here since we were recently discussing some Team Rocket things. I always wanted to join the Rockets in game once doing that nugget bridge challenge.

So I downloaded the hack and played through the Alpha and it was a great experience. I loved the battles on the way to Lavender town. I didn't find the Eevee too tough for my Vulpix, or anything for that matter. Great great job, i love the darker tone to the game as well. I can't wait to see where this goes and I hope you finish it.

Hey, thanks! :D Glad you like it so much.

Do you mind mentioning who referred you to ToxicPurple? I have a friend who emailed me today to say she'd gotten a friend interested in the hack, so I'm wondering if she was talking about you.

Eevee wasnt Tough,it was easy and when i saw that Muk i laughed So hard.
    I just got hitmonlee and with having Hypnosis and Psychic the dojo will be dead but i though it would be better to teach Psychic To poliwag instead of ghastly.XD

... Thanks for mentioning that. I'm going to move the Psychic TM to later in the game, too. Mr. Psychic refuses to give you a TM because he knows what you'd do with it if you got it: cause havoc and mayhem. Once you take over Silph, you'll be able to battle him and steal the TM.

(Man, I feel so mean. People keep talking about how cool it is that they can get a Hitmon and a Marowak and stuff and I'm going to put in measures to make sure that's impossible. XD; But this is going to be a long game, I can't let everyone get all the cool stuff before they even get to the third town.)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back