• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    You guys are acually making this into a game? Wow. I hope it turns out well,

At first, I thought this was an official game, you know... the fifth generation, It's offical that the fifth gen game will be out for the DS sometime this year
    I cant wait~~

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Thanks ShinyUmbre, thats a great complement for us. ^^

Anyway, to update you all on the spriting scene.. I've been fixing up previous sprites and making backs. So far, we have 27 complete sets of fronts and backs. The alpha will have at least 40 I think. Which means you'll have the potential to catch and raise about 18 dfferent new pokemon into their fully evolved forms in the alpha. ;)

So far we have:
    4-5 different flying type evolution chains. (2 of which only have the type in their final evolution)
    2 bug type chains
    2 fighting type chains
    only 1 fire type chain ( :( )
    only 1 water type chain ( :( )
    4 grass type chains
    3-4 psychic chains
    5 ice type chains
    2 steel type chains
    2 electric type chains
    2-3 ground type chains
    3 dark type chains
    1 ghost type chain?
    0 dragon type chains

So in any case, if you have suggestions for concepts, etc (especially for types that we're low on), please don't hesitate to pm me your ideas or place them on the torzach forum. Make sure they're very original. c:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • I just posted a (probably sucky) concept art for a fire type on the forum. Go check it out if you want, but I can't guarantee that you won't think I'm ripping off Kirby... I honestly didn't realize it until after the fact! LOL ...Just go see for yourself. XD

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • lol, Thanks Minchan.

Here's a pair. I don't like the first one so much. But it's alright. But here. Poison/Water types. Based on tubeworms, I think.

[HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    lol, Thanks Minchan.

Here's a pair. I don't like the first one so much. But it's alright. But here. Poison/Water types. Based on tubeworms, I think.

Hmmm . . . . . . Really? I kinda like the first one. It's definately based off something that's never been made.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    The first one is kinda cool, but I think the second one is sw33t! Makes for a great fierce water-type!

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I think both water/poison types look awesome. I really like the first and last forms of the Digimon-esque ones too, though the mid evo needs work.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Eh, we're dropping those, unless I create a similar concept based on them. Instead, I gave those to another game in exchange for three of their sprite which include a luvdisc evolution, a torkoal evolution, and a new fire type which I'll be creating evolutions for. And I'll fix them up, and their style will be like the rest of our sprites.
    And thanks. I do like the fact that those two are from a new concept. C:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'd offer to script for this, but my own hack would suffer...
    Still, if you ever need an extra hand, I can help.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Yeah. It is. It's the school year. People are busy. But we're still making sprites and things. We just need some decent scripters, inserters, and storyline editors. Baron and I have been working on some new sprites, and I've been working on a lot of backsprites, etc.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    By event planners, do you mean storyline, or actual event insertion? I can do some scripting for you if you want, I just can't go full-time because of other concerns. But if you need me to knock some stuff out, I can write some of those scripts for you.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Baron started this and I edited it. Eletark's evolution, Mountiphant. :)

EDIT: @ trebornosliw

Yeah, when Mac's back in the picture, Im sure he'd love to have you enter a few scripts.

And in my opinion we need people to really plan the storyline, after which it'll be scripted. We also need a tiler and tile inserter from what I've seen in the game. I tried doing some tiles myself, but I'm not that experienced in it. We won't make any real progress until we have those essentials.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For christ's sake. These fakemon are excellent.
    Really, you have absolutely no idea how jealous you're making me... :(
    But, handling this in a mature manner, I would say well done. Each concept is extremely creative, I like everything I've seen:D I look forward to the eventual release.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Thanks for starting it, Baron. c:

Oh and everyone should know that the majority of these concepts belong to artists on deviant art but gave this project permission to use them.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Scripting and storyline are my strong points, so I can help with either, if and when I"m needed, I just need to know what you need and to whom I need to send it.
    Anyway, in the meantime I'll keep working on HT. Keep up the good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back