• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How are you doing?

Sirfetch’d

I am doing superb today! Had a rough couple of weeks, but today was super positive so that is nice 8)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Today was a giant roller coaster ride. Been that way for a while now.

I hate it when there's splash pads at the low points that get me all wet, I just want to get off

It's a lot like this particular ride from RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

(Large image)
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Really well, honestly. I made my friend's day by giving her flowers. Seeing her face light up like it did today is like a drug, it makes me feel really good and happy to know she's happy. =]

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • It was good until I decided to pull an all nighter. R.I.P the skin under my eyes

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Today was a giant roller coaster ride. Been that way for a while now.

I hate it when there's splash pads at the low points that get me all wet, I just want to get off

It's a lot like this particular ride from RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

(Large image)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've honestly not been doing great the last few weeks, and last few days especially. Huge fight with my mother that almost ended with me having to move out, ending my classes at the training centre I've been attending, breaking up with my girlfriend, great-grandad dying.

Yeah. Been a rough few weeks.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'm doing well. Have some complications with girls which is annoying, ugh. And I can't go to some of the best parties of the year, because of my health, which is a bummer, but even with that in mind, I'm feeling good.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Before I sleep I thought I'd share, I'm a bit excited for the potential future. And thankful I can stomach school now.

It's so much fun reunioning with friends and recapping all of what happened, you know? And ending it with potential to pave over those troubles together as a group. :)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I had a coffee customer a couple days ago that wanted her frappuccino hot, and couldn't understand why I couldn't do that. In case you don't know coffee lingo, it's basically a coffee milkshake.

I had to explain to someone why they couldn't get their milkshake hot.

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Getting pumped for an interview with the Hyatt Regency for a spot in their kitchens as part of my work experience. People tell me if you're good enough after their 3 month contract you get a proper position as a cook.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • ah sweet thread idea m8 whered u get it :)

Moderately hung over. A couple of friends and I went drinking last night to celebrate the end of term. Not too bad though, I mean, I woke up at 9:30 and was fully functional so that's cool.

I had a coffee customer a couple days ago that wanted her frappuccino hot, and couldn't understand why I couldn't do that. In case you don't know coffee lingo, it's basically a coffee milkshake.

I had to explain to someone why they couldn't get their milkshake hot.

In all seriousness though, why not? Like I know it's unconventional but surely if they really want it hot for some reason then... you could just whack it in a microwave or something like that idk

Years
  • Really well, honestly. I made my friend's day by giving her flowers. Seeing her face light up like it did today is like a drug, it makes me feel really good and happy to know she's happy. =]

Still the sweetheart I've come to know -poke-

Tired, physically and mentally. Commuting for 4 hours every day into Toronto probably not the way I'd want to start and end my day...Just 5 weeks left for my co-op term and then back to hell, that being school.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Pretty good actually :D

I just came back from school and got satisfactory marks in my mocks exams, so that's a load of stress off me!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • In all seriousness though, why not? Like I know it's unconventional but surely if they really want it hot for some reason then... you could just whack it in a microwave or something like that idk
    Well, a frappuccino is basically your coffee shot(s), flavoring, ice, and a powdered flavoring meant to fill out the flavor, all blended together in a blender. I could not fill it with ice, and instead, fill it with hot water, and just stir everything into one, but the powder doesn't do so well, and just sits at the bottom in a big clump. I told her that I could make a hot americano, which is that without the powder, but she didn't want an americano, she wanted a frappuccino.

Frappuccinos are very rich and thick for a coffee drink, and it gets that way through the blender breaking down the ice into very small pieces. If you replace the ice with hot water, you instead get a drink that's the opposite, very light and strong. You just can't replicate the same type of flavor in a hot drink, and that's what the lady couldn't understand, or refused to.

Back