• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover PC?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I desperately needed more friends to talk Pokemon with, when my current irl friends weren't as huge fans as I am. Googled for pokemon forums and PC popped up.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Back when pe2k wasn't just a decrepit archive, it was a flourishing forum that held the honour of being the first forum that I was active on, as the first forum award belonged to tPPc. This was 2008, a relatively innocent time. On this forum, basically everyone viewed PC as some behemoth that was threatening the existence of pe2k, which wasn't wrong, as the forum started irreparably struggling not too long after I joined in mid-2008. But for the meanwhile, pe2k was doing fine. I, seeking new areas to spread my tentacles, saw the potential in my presence on PC and promptly set out to do so.

Years
  • I found it via google, because I was looking for a place to trade for the DPPT event pokemon that had just been released at the time. Literally typed "Pokemon Forum" into google, and voila, here we are nearly six years later.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    and voila, here we are nearly six years later.

nearly seven years here
    How did you discover PC?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Previously apart of another forum that's now gone, I was interested in trading with other Pokémon fans in game on a forum type setting where I could initiate them, so I searched Pokémon forums and PokéCommunity came up and joined! i did do some lurking prior iirc

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • All my friends and the people I went to school with were too "normal". Wanted to talk to someone else about pokemon and somehow ended up in here.

Like I didn't even know what a forum was but people existed on it apparently.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • None of my friends wanted to talk about pokemon with me, and I was bored in the middle of summer, so I googled "pokemon forum", and PC was the first result. It was my first forum, and it took me a while to get used to it and learn the ropes.

I left once school started back up, but returned once I started writing since I remembered PC had a writing section, and I wanted feedback on my story. I stuck around for some reason, and here we are.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I went to google.com and typed in Pokemon forum and BOOM here I am! I lurked for a while though before joining haha.

This exactly. One day out of the blue and here I am. Actually my last forum imploded, so I've lost my 10k+ posts. Oh well. The last few weren't that much better. Been lurking in forums off and on since the late nineties (we called them chat rooms and blogs).

Magaribay

no shinies
    Years
  • Hmmmm I joined about 3 days ago in the search of a foreign ditto for pokemon X in the trade corner and.......here I am now I just lurk around reading topics that sound interesting :D

Years
  • Have to add a +1 to the boring story of searching 'Pokemon forum' on Google, and having PC show up as the first result. Still, PC being first on that list is quite an achievement, considering Pokemon's official forums (which I've never even been on anyway) show up at #2 and #3.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • LMGTFY

It's not the first one that came up, but that's how I found it teehee
    This. :p

I was on Serebii around 2006, and then Diamond/Pearl released in April 2007. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy their trading section, so I became active here that May.

And I've been bumming around the trade corner ever since, so far for 7.75 years.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I had no idea so I went through my post history to find my fret post, which was from my introduction thread
    Apparently I came here because pokemon AUS closed down, and I was looking for another pokemon forum to join

Nakala Pri

After nagging my mum and bro after a week they let me join a Pokemon forum! =D We searched and searched but all we could find is pedo paradise with a lickitung mascot (EW) but after several hours we found PC! BD It had a Kanto Dream Party skin. ;; Such nostalge. < MWAHAHAHAHAHA

And I became the greatest troll ever known. >8D

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I found the server while idly gazing at the Showdown homepage and got referred to the forum by one of the mods after a couple of days. It was made a bit more interesting by the fact that my profile got bombarded with forum staff visits almost as soon as I signed up, which was weird.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I went to google.com and typed in Pokemon forum and BOOM here I am! I lurked for a while though before joining haha.

Same.

I just googled for a Pokemon forum. I think my original intention was Vivillon trading shortly after I bought X. It was the first one I had played since Crystal, so most of my friends didn't really play it anymore, either. I wanted to get back into it. I needed friends to play Pokemon with, gdi.

...And then I found VG and that all went down the toilet. :pink_tongue:

Years
  • I went to google.com and typed in Pokemon forum and BOOM here I am! I lurked for a while though before joining haha.

Pretty much how I stumbled upon this little gem of a community c:

Originally wanted to educate myself about the Pokemon world, but then got side-tracked by the other forums that were on here, haha. So much for that plan, but I managed to become part of a great community so that takes the cake.

Bay

Years
  • I think I first discovered PokeCommunity when a friend of mine mentioned it (either on Serebii or livejournal, can't remember as it's been almost nine years @_@). I browse around the forums a little bit and joined the community to post a few fanfics of mine. Besides the fanfiction forum I was also active in the anime/manga section as I was pretty obsessed with anime and manga back then haha.

Back