• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do YOU feel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
    I don't even care about Shinies,they're not of interesting subjects to me.They are just there,no special powers anything,only color difference.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I like shinies for their Aesthetics. I SR'ed on my Pearl version for Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit, and Now have all three on my Diamond Cart. Even if their being shiny offers nothing stat-wise, it's certainly something to say that you have them as a shiny. I understand some people don't find shinies interesting. But if you're interested in collecting shinies, it can add HOURS of gameplay if you're striving to collect as many shinies as you can.

My first shiny was a Shiny Poochyena on Sapphire. Unfortunately, I deleted my game shortly after beating the E4 and catching all the legendaries.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Ah, how I remember SR'ing...

My fingers were'nt totally destroyed anyway, that Select button was really loose, the other 3 couldn't handle it. 10 hours of non-stop shiny hunting.
    All just for this -->
    How do YOU feel??
    My longest one yet. (Until "holepunching" came.)

Yeah, I got to admit, its all worth it.

Years
    I really can't be bothered with the whole 'shiny fad'. With a few exceptions, such as Metagross, most Shinies look the same or worse than their normal counterparts.

This has nothing to do with the fact that after my 1500+ hours of gameplay since the GSC Generation, (when they were introduced) I haven't run into a single Shiny...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I have no idea what is so good about shinies. The only shiny I have ever captured was that red Gyarados in Pokemon Crystal.

And a Soft Reset is the rebootion of a GBA by pressing A+B+Select+Start.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    The reason people like shinies is that they are RARE. Even if they don't have better stats and stuff like that (wich I don't think shiny Pokémon should have), people like them because they are RARE.

yeah i think your right there rare and thats why people want them, and the stat thing it should be like that. but i tried to find shiny pokemon once i spent three hours in the berry forest in leaf green trying to find a shiny pokemon. worst expeirence EVER! but if i had plenty of time on my hands like i did a few years ago then i would try to find shiny pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Shinies are just status symbols. People want them because they are different and they make them (the people) stand out. It's just like how people want i.e. a first edition trading card rather than an identical limited edition one. Unless of course, you only care about the trading card's competitive value (assuming you're playing a trading card game), in which case first edition would only be a waste of extra money.

I have yet to find a shiny pokemon but if I did I would do everything I could to catch it. I wouldn't hunt for them though.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
    I love shiny Pokemon, It's worth catching one. I've missed 2 shinies so far: Shiny Zigzagoon in Emerald, at beginning of the game when I didn't have a Pokedex yet. The second was a Shiny Raticate when I was training my Likitung in Silver, but I was using VBA and noticed a golden Raticate while speeding up. I was too stupid to notice! x_x

Shinies are also stronger than a normal Pokemon of that species, so a shiny lv. 100 Empoleon would be stronger than a normal lv. 100 Empoleon.

Years
    I've always liked Shiny Pokemon, but sometimes I just don't have the time to soft reset repeatedly. The only time I soft reset for a shiny Pokemon is for legendary or one time Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    Shinies are also stronger than a normal Pokemon of that species, so a shiny lv. 100 Empoleon would be stronger than a normal lv. 100 Empoleon.
    Evidence? I think it's more likely that the shiny just had better IVs/EVs than the non shiny you compared it to.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I like shinies for...the funky colors. Because...I like odd colored things and nonconforming memebers of the species. xD Does that count for something?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I honestly could care less about shiny Pokemon. I mean, it makes you feel good when you have really caught a shiny, but that's about it. They take way too long to get though, so I can't be bothered to hunt for them. D8

It doesn't matter really; I play on Shoddy most of the time anyways. I'd rather battle than hunt for shinies.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I wouldn't spend my time looking for them in the versions that came before DPP. I just play the game and if I run into one they yay. But in DPP I'll chain for the type I want if I want it badly enough. I don't think I'd want one bad enough to SR for it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Absolutely false. There is no statistical benefit from having a Pokemon of a different color, which ultimately makes them a complete waste of time. But, hey, if you got the time to waste and you enjoy different colored Pokemon, more power to you. It is your game after all.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    It all depends on personal taste. If you SR to get a shiny it is almost impossible to get the ivs and nature you want, so doing it for competitive battling is time consuming (even more than SR-ing is). There is only one shiny I want to get. A shiny miltank with an OT from whichever game I'm playing because I lost mine on my silver version lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I have to say that I tried the soft resetting thing and it didn't work out...
    I love getting shinies but I just rather them come up to me...feels more special...

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I personally don't care that much about shiny Pokemon. :/ I'll catch one if I see it, but I don't actually SR or hunt for shinies.

EnteiFirecracker

maybe i'm in love
    Years
    Shinies don't appeal to me. If I'd see one; yes I'd try to catch it but I won't SR to get a Shiny Legendary nor Starter.
    The only Shinies that have appealed to me are the Event Zigzagoons and the WCS Milotic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Shinies make me fell special when I catch them, like I've done something big (although i haven't).
    From Shiny Weedle to shiny Beedrill, still have it.
    Imagine if you could hack shinies, how amazing would that be?

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    Imagine if you could hack shinies, how amazing would that be?
    I've done it.

It was amazing at the time. I hadn't ever seen a legit shiny, and now every Pokémon was shiny. Plus, I could make them all any nature I wanted! (usually docile. XD)

It was okay for a while, but then I found a legit shiny. I'm so proud of her that I think I won't use the shiny cheat again. Maybe I'll learn chaining and try to get a legit shiny buizel. Maybe it will be quiet-natured. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back