• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do YOU feel??

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    that'd take the fun out of searching for hours looking for them.
    Believe me i know.:'(
    in my emerald and fire red it took me 200 hours to find 4 shinies
    it was fun though

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    that'd take the fun out of searching for hours looking for them.
    Believe me i know.:'(
    in my emerald and fire red it took me 200 hours to find 4 shinies
    it was fun though
    Very lucky mate, I got 1 in my 300 hours of glory. Were you SR hunting?

@Tashiro, you can hack? Good Job mate, if it's easy PM me telling how to.
    My shiny was actually weaker because it had naturally bad IV's and i didn't ev train.
    But it was worth it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I've done it.

It was amazing at the time. I hadn't ever seen a legit shiny, and now every Pokémon was shiny. Plus, I could make them all any nature I wanted! (usually docile. XD)

It was okay for a while, but then I found a legit shiny. I'm so proud of her that I think I won't use the shiny cheat again. Maybe I'll learn chaining and try to get a legit shiny buizel. Maybe it will be quiet-natured. :D
    *Counts from 10 to 1 very slowly*

Years
    Very lucky mate, I got 1 in my 300 hours of glory. Were you SR hunting?

@Tashiro, you can hack? Good Job mate, if it's easy PM me telling how to.
    My shiny was actually weaker because it had naturally bad IV's and i didn't ev train.
    But it was worth it.

a little bit towards the end of the 200 on emerald yeah.
    i found a sabelye in Sky pillar , a minun out of slateport and a wurmple on r101
    in fire red i got a ditto in cerauleun cave.

I remember in Crystal when I first got it, at the end of the forest, I found a shiny Zubat I catched it but then the game battery pooped on me :( and, at a chain of 1 I found a shiny Bidoof, lousy shinies though, barely any different, and I love chaining for shiny pokemon, it just seems so cool and fun + addicting :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    If I see a shiny, I'll catch it. But I don't go out of my way to find them. Kyogre and Metagross are the only shinies I would go after if I had the time (and I could just soft reset for both in R/S/E). I think I have a shiny Muk in my LG cart that I just stumbled across XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Nah, i dont care about them. I mean, if i saw one, my pokeball would be so fast, you would think it was magic, but i wouldnt take my time to look for shineys. If we pass by, ill get it though...

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    *Counts from 10 to 1 very slowly*
    Are you anti-hacking or anti-docile? Or both?

I'm rather adamant about natures. (no joke intended...) I've memorized which ones raise and lower which stats. I just think the neutrals need a little love.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Both, but I felt your ending comment was directed towards me. heh

I give the neutral natures no love at all and question their very existence as they totally go against the concept of having a nature in the first place!

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
    Both, but I felt your ending comment was directed towards me. heh

I give the neutral natures no love at all and question their very existence as they totally go against the concept of having a nature in the first place!
    I'm sorry you saw it that way. I just meant that, if I were lucky enough to find a shiny buizel, it would probably be a bad nature.

I have nothing against you, even though you don't agree with me. I don't mind anti-hackers and I don't mind sensible people. (in terms of natures) The only thing I do mind is bashing and flaming, which you haven't done to me.

Last edited:

Zixtrent

Silver Dragon Scales
    Years
    Shinies dont interest me in any way. I'd probably only catch one if it were a dragon type that wasnt some ugly array of colors. And of course if it popped in front of me randomly. But thats about it. Shinies wont do anything good for me now, seeing as I already have an idea of what my elite team will be. But i wont go into that (it would be off topic). ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    Shineys USED to be stronger then a normal pokemon of that species, but nintendo got rid of that bonus after and including R/S/E

Years
    It just a way for people to brag there the same pokemon just some of them look cool or better like black charizard or they can look horible like the shinney glalie ir they can make not dif like shellos they just go lighter

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    it all depends on the person you ask, i could ask two people if shiney pokemon are worth the trouble, one would say yes on his beliefs that he would have something "better" then everyone else and be able to win more often, whereas the second person would say probably, and that he wouldn't spend hours looking in one spot, myself is in the middle, if i find one, i find one......no big deal

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't think it is worth it because the chances of getting one is so minor that you could spend an entire week trying and not get one...
    Also, I think a lot of non shiny Pokemon look better and not completely random...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    All it is is an alternate colour... actually, it reminds me of the CO colour option in Advance Wars — not at all special.
    Nor is looking ones with Pokerus at all worthwhile since the time taken to find one could've been spent training a normal Pokemon.

Years
    It's not only that they are just a different color. The fact that they are really hard to get them makes them rare thus much more valuable.
    So getting a shiny Gyarados will get a much better trade than a normal Gyarados which anyone can get in-game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2020
    Shinies dont interest me in any way. I'd probably only catch one if it were a dragon type that wasnt some ugly array of colors. And of course if it popped in front of me randomly. But thats about it. Shinies wont do anything good for me now, seeing as I already have an idea of what my elite team will be. But i wont go into that (it would be off topic). ;)

Same here, I don't "Hunt" for them like some people, if I run into one, I'll catch it, and probabally won't use it... I caught a koffing, and it's still sitting there...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back