• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do YOU feel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
    I SR 10 times in front of Legendary's just in case I get one, but that's about the only purpose shiny hunting I do.

So far Shiny Golbat in D/P is all I have gotten and even though it was just a Golbat, I am proud of it.
    I feel sad that AR's destroyed the significance of Shiny Pokemon, but as long as I know mine are legit and left UT then that's good enough for me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I wouldn't be bothered hunting for shinies!
    The only shiny i encountered is a Shiny Weedle.
    I saw it when I restarted my game cauze I got bored. Found it in Viridian Forest.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    If there was still a smaller amount of Pokemon, I'd gladly collect shinies to try to complete my Pokedex full of shines. But seeing as how there's over 400, I don't really bother with shinies unless I'm bored/just want a shiny of a certain Pokemon. ;D

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    If I'm bored, I'd be willing to take the time to go Shiny Hunting alongside participating in Battle Facilities' events - but AFTER I'm done training all of my Pokemon.

As for the "Shiny" Pokemon concept, I think it is a neat feature. But a 1/8192 chance of encountering one is WAY too low; I'm glad the PokeRadar assists in adjusting it to 1/200 (I'd prefer lower like 1/100, but hey, I'm grateful! Plus, more rarity makes 'em more special). However, I wish shininess was strictly the stars surrounding a shiny Pokemon, rather than the stars plus the alternate coloration. Some Pokemon's Shiny forms are really cool alongside the normal variants (i.e., Charizard, Blaziken, Rayquaza, Giratina).

For example, I want a green Mewtwo instead of purple because green relates more to "DNA; cloning" for me, as with Deoxys' green color. Also, purple Mewtwo reminds me too much of Frieza from Dragon Ball Z. I'd like both Mewtwo and Frieza to look unique! :t150:
    I also want a shiny Blaziken because I nicknamed my new Blaziken in Emerald TrailBlazr. My Blaziken's name in Sapphire was just Blazer, so I want this to be a "rekindling of the flame" of sorts. Plus, shiny Blaziken looks like it's more fiery and strengthened than normal variant Blaziken...
    Lastly, shiny Garchomp looks appealing (once you've seen that, normal variant Garchomp doesn't quite cut it.)

I'll admit, I really dislike some Pokemon's shiny variants (i.e., Groudon, Kyogre, Swampert), but I hate looking at a color scheme that I dislike so often. I'd like it if Nintendo made a task where if you complete it with a certain Pokemon, you can switch between that Pokemon's colorations. Even better would be if you could personally edit a Pokemon's individual colors with a color palette. I'd think it'd be neat to see, despite that a Pokemon's original look could get lost in the color frenzy. I can cope with with the shiny stars being restricted exclusively to Shiny Pokemon, though.

Anyway, shinies are worth the effort during post-game, but it's better when you encounter one as a surprise! :)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    I wouldn't go out of my way to get a shiney, but I think they're alright. Except that stupid washed-out Eevee.

You don't like an Albino Eevee? It's sooo cute =3! How can you NOT like it?

Yea I wouldn't bother too much with shinys. Got a few shinys myself but that was out of pure luck.

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
    I honestly don't care about shineys. I actually dislike them a bit. I like the normal colors to pokemon 8D
    I've never even encountered one so it doesn't even matter haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back