• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many years have you been playing Pokémon?

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
  • I've only been playing for eight years since my first game was Ruby. Even though I had a Gameboy Color and I could have played Red/Blue about four years before RSE came out (still hate myself for never getting them when I was four ahaha).

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    Ive been playing since 1998 - still going strong! 23 now!

I was the perfect age when it first got released - i remember in year 6 i think it was when pokemon came out - everyone brought their gameboys to school and we all battled it out and such during lunch time!

I would consider that time to actually be one of the best past events in my life (at the moment).

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Since it first came out in 1998 I do believe. Those where the good days, when you had the freedom to do what you wanted and not many would question you.

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • I was there right from Red/Blue in '98 up until D/P in 2007. I was extremely disappointed with those two games though so I stopped playing until 2011 earlier this month when I took interest in 5th gen and ended up buying White a few days ago.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • I've played pokemon since Red and Blue came out in '98, I was nine at the time, that equals 13 years of pokemon this September.

Years
  • I've been playing since the first year Red and Blue came out
    It actually started because I went to KFC and got a Zubat plushie, and I decided to get a new game for my gameboy pocket, got Red Version, threw the red version on the floor because I couldn't figure out how to get out of my room, and then when I did I was in love.

I've been playing since the first year Red and Blue came out
    It actually started because I went to KFC and got a Zubat plushie, and I decided to get a new game for my gameboy pocket, got Red Version, threw the red version on the floor because I couldn't figure out how to get out of my room, and then when I did I was in love.

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I have been playing since the seventh grade which is roughly 2000/2001; this is when I first became addicted to the first two generations of the anime(after thinking it was the stupidest thing ever created hehe). My bestie kept telling me that she had caught this and that in her Pokemon Yellow and finally one day showed me, and that was it. I begged my mom for one and she gave in. Before that I had not even owned a gameboy, it was SNES I had been addicted to.

So that is roughly ten to eleven years for me. Gosh time sure does fly.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Just been lookin back on R/S/E and to think that its been almost 10 years since the release is crazy, hoping for a remake now ;)

Back