• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
First ever shiny I encountered was a Koffing in Chrystal I believe. First (and so far only) shiny enountered in Y is a shiny Togepi in one of my friend safaris. I almost didn't realise it was shiny, but when I did I catched it with no trouble.
I've only ever encountered three shinies in the wild in all years I've been playing Pokemon. The third is a shiny Zubat catched in fire red. I transferred it to Y.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
A shinny Geodude in one of Johto's caves (pokemon crystal).

Years
I had my first real shiny encounte in Pokémon X.
Of course I've seen shiny Pokémon before and I tried the shiny fishing and shiny chaining but the first shiny Pokémon I ever met by just training my Pokémon was Geodude.
It was a Horde Encounter.
4 normal Geodudes and one in gold :D

It was nerve wrecking to kill all the others first. Luckily it was just the shiny one that used Magnitude the whole time.
If it was another one it would have killed the shiny one very fast.

But all went well and now I own a shiny Golem.
I'm happy that I finally encountered a shiny Pokémon but I don't like this one at all. Don't want to be picky, though xD

Years
My first real encounter of a shiny Pokémon, was back in Pokémon Emerald and my encounter with Rayquaza. Wasn't able to catch in 10 resets, and on the 11th time a fought it, it was black instead of the normal green. I was shocked to say it at least, and for once in all my gaming of Pokémon I had to use the Master Ball to catch a legendary. Actually the only time I have used a Master Ball.

In Pokémon X, my first shiny encounter was a Kirlia in friend-safari. One ball was enough, but still haven't evolved it.

Sari1292

Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger
Years
My first X/Y shiny was a pumpkaboo from friend safari. I forgot that my talonflame had flame body and it got burned but I managed to catch it anyway.

Years
My first shiny encounter was the other night, in friendsafari. It was a shiny Ferroseed. I honestly lost it when it suddenly appeared and was like "is this real?" xD
It was the first time i caught a shiny, literally xD first time encountering one too xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
My first shinny in pokemon x was caught with the fishing chain method, it was a shinny Clawitzer, it didn't took more than 30 minutes fishing I think, the next shinny appeared like 15 minutes after, another shinny Clawitzer. I named one of them "Why not" and the other one "Zoidberg?"

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
While grinding in Victory Road, I encountered a Horde of Geodude containing one Shiny. This may have been the most nerve-wrecking experience of my entire Pokémon career (Magnitude). Normally Shiny Geodude are a problem because they can Self-Destruct, but luckily the ones in Hordes do not know that move. I couldn't throw any balls until the other four were killed, though. I first thought about just using Surf and see if it had Sturdy, but that was too risky (Geodude can also have Rock Head) and I had an underleveled Venipede in the first spot so I'd have to switch out anyway. I sent out Seabubble, my level 100 Blastoise, just to faint them one by one. In the turn that I switched, the panic already began. The Geodude in the middle used Magnitude, and it got a 7. This put all the others down to approximately half. The other ones all attacked only Seabubble. I used Ice Beam to get the Geodude that used Magnitude down, since it was most dangerous at full health. I was just relaxing a bit that turn, when suddenly this text appeared:
The wild Geodude used Magnitude! Magnitude 6!
I didn't know if my Shiny would be able to survive this, so I got to the tip of my chair again. Then I realized it was the Shiny Geodude that had used the move. The Geodude at the far right fainted (bad Special Defense IVs I guess). In the next turn I got to take out the Geodude left at the middle right. The last one left (at the far left) decided he would leave his special brother to me and attacked Seabubble at last. I threw a Dusk Ball and caught my Shiny Geodude.

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
Years
My very first shiny was a torkoal way back in Pokemon Emerald :p but my first encounter in X was a weepinbell and if hadn't been for the blue sparkles I wouldn't have even known >.<

My first shiny in X was a Shiny Ralts I hatched via Masuda Method. I'll admit, I was expecting her to be normal and almost had a heart attack when I saw she was shiny.

Fun Fact: The only other shiny pokemon I've caught (legitimately) in any other version of the game (except my Lake of Rage Gyarados) were both in White; a shiny Basculin named Axiom, and a shiny Mawile named Maxie. I've since transferred both to my X game, and Maxie actually made it into my Hall of Fame.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I was in a Friend Safari when I noticed sparkles and then a light orange Growlithe. I couldn't believe that my first X/Y shiny ended up being my favorite Pokemon! It even had its Hidden Ability. The next day I found a Shiny Lampent in a different Friend Safari and a week later I found a shiny Gulpin while EV training in a Horde Battle. My friend traded me a shiny Eevee and Helioptile and I traded a Palkia for a shiny Torkoal on the GTS. I also transferred my shiny Bibarel and Patrat to X.

Nothing beats that first shiny encounter with Growlithe, though. It's my favorite.

Years
My first real X shiny (as in not a chainfishing one) was a Sentret on route 6! I named her sophie and I may have erased over her, or traded her, I can't remember. Unfortunately she had a terrible nature but it was still cool c:

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
My first shiny in XY was Mienfoo, I found it while exploring the safari just after completing the Kalos League. Was the first time in the safari and Mienfoo appears sparkling :3 I was kinda lucky of finding it with the HA and Hasty nature :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2014
My first shiny in X/Y occurred the first time I walked into the friend safari. I was looking through one of my RL friend's safaris... and it was the first Pokemon I ran into. It was a shiny Quilladin, and since it was the first one I caught in X/Y, I just thought that the friend safari was full of shinies. I mean I guess not, but I did catch a shiny Mienfoo a couple days ago in the friend safari too.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
My first shiny (and only so far) in the game is a Trevenant, which is also my second shiny overall. I had five Pokemon at the time, and I was in the route before the Pokemon Village. They were all great, but I was really desperate to find one last member for my team because I always make it a rule for myself to finish the game with a team of six. So I was running around the grass until I found Trevenant. I caught it, and it just stayed in my PC, but I'd never trade it :)

Years
I just got my first shiny encounter! Well not really an encounter. A shiny Swinub hatched through masuda method after only 30 eggs :D Now going for a shiny Swablu.

Years
My first shiny was a Mime Jr.

In a horde, no less.

So I knocked out the first 3...but then attacked the wrong one when I was trying to take out the last one. I was tired and..I..honestly am not too bothered.

Aoba

yelp
Years
  • Age 30
  • /vp/
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
I got shiny Poliwag just few days ago, but I was chain fishing so it's not too special. I still like it and I think I'll evolve it into a Politoed. I'd like to find a random shiny in XY since my last one was found in HG like four years ago.

Back