• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How was your first X/Y Shiny Encounter? (If you still remember)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I got my first shiny in Y just a few moments ago. I just hatched a shiny ekans. It is so cute. looks like a garden snake.

I was so mad last night, because I was teaching my roommate how to breed and hatch eggs quickly, and he ended up hatching a shiny eevee only 30 minutes after he started hatching eggs for the first time.

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
I was...in that one route with the Day Care when I ran into a shiny Illumise. Caught her and named her Catherine after the character in the Atlus game. (and also the non shiny Illumise has the same color scheme as Katherine)

Dereck_S

Veteran
Years
My first shiny ever was a shiny marill on crystal version, it was because of one of those phone calls about the unusual amount of XXXXX pokemon, so I went hunting for marills, I remember at the time, aside from the red gyarados, I didn't even know that there existed shiny pokemon, I just remember catching it because "I think its green?". Good memories!

But to get to the point, I saw someone needed a kricketot yesterday after wonder trading with them, and when I went to trade one to them they offered a shiny psyduck, I traded them and then caught a pokemon nicknamed it "il trade for junk" and then managed to give them back their blue duck for a regular hippopotas, I was just trying to be a good samaritan and didn't want to take something I wasn't looking for.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Mine would be a shiny Poliwag, after 100+ Poliwags through Chain Fishing obviously.

While my first Masuda Method was a Grimer that I was breeding for a friend. Good lord, the green blob gave me a shock.

First random encounter was a Derpfisk while searching for the three Pokemon at someone's Friend Safari. It was so unnoticeable, good thing I was wearing headphones when the shiny sound effect plays.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
My very first was a chained fish relicath but non chain fish was furfrou at a chain of 41 i believe or gulpin through chaining( which is now a really strong shiny swaot for my competitive team)

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
Years
My first experience in Pokemon X was through the Special Gengar event, but I have been on a shiny hunt ever since. Some guy wonder traded me a shiny slowpoke which evolved into Slowking after that! Τhen I traded my Growlithe for a shiny Clauncher in the GTS (it's a Clawitzer now ^_^)! Through the trades I have had a shiny Darkrai and Kyogre, a Heracross a Gliscor and a Skrelp (which I kept and evolved into Dragalge). Now I try to complete the Pokedex so that I can obtain the Shiny Charm and make my life easier in breeding/encounters.

Last edited:

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 3, 2015
My first and only shiny encounter during all three of my play-throughs was during a Horde encounter within the Frost Cavern it was a shiny Smoochum!

I was doing some EV training as I'm terrible at S.T..

At first I thought it was another simple Surf to wipe them all out but before I could attack I noticed the one on the left was lighter in colour so I made an effort to kill them one by one before catching it in a Pokéball.

I don't own her anymore, I traded her away to a friend on these forums.. I wonder where she is now.. :D

Years
After chain fishing for 3 hours I finally saw my first shiny gyrados, 1 hit ko'd it with my level 20 pikachu! Haven't seen a shiny since

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
Years
  • Age 30
  • MI
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
My first shiny encounter was in the original ruby version when I ran into a completely by chance shiny Aron! It surprised me at the time, as I wasn't even sure what a shiny was, or why this Pokemon was of a complete different colour palette, and it wouldn't be until later when my friend informed me, that I would realize that I had just caught something rather special!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
My very first shiny was back in Sapphire version on the Gameboy Advance.

A damn Tentacool...

So disappointed now :(

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The first shiny I got was an hour ago, was a Luvdisc at fishing chain 83. I did my trademark "Whoop there it is!" when I found it XD

Thing is, I had to use an ultra ball right from the start. False Swipe was suicide if it used take down afterwards. Wasn't taking the risk.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
My first shiny pokemon was in the safari zone!
It was a Togepi! Before i'd even seen my first wild Togepi!
That Omelette came straight out of Heaven!

SunakazeKun

SunakazeKun | Aurum
Years
My first shiny was Murkrow. I got it via Horde Encounters.
Shiny Pokémon aren't that rare for me, because I get one everytime. :o

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
Still haven't managed to get one in Y. Tried for so long but nothing seemed to work.

Most important shiny I remember having though was my Walrein in Ruby, which I caught as a babby.

Back