• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How would Wally train his Ralts if it only knew Growl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
Years
  • Hold on, hold on. Is it a level 4 or 5? I think it might be a 5 in Em, and a 4 in Ru and Sa (can't be bothered spelling out the whole word). So, I think that we need to get a basic point. I'm going to look Wally up, and we're going to go on whatever the Ru/Sa one is.
    And it doesn't tell you. Fantastic. *clicks link to page about Ralts*
    Ok, turns out that it doesn't tell you. Anyone feel like bothering to select 'New Game' on Ru/Sa and play until our pal Wally shows up and catches said Ralts? I know I can't. My DS is upstairs. But whatever the Ru/Sa Ralts' level is, we're going by it.
    (And I realise that this is a semi-pointless post now, but it'll stop general argument later, and make things... more coodernated.)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • He could have merely used Struggle until it won the battle, went and healed, and repeated.

Or as also metnioned before - Rare Candy/s until it learnt the move.

And, ignoring the fact that wild Pokemon don't have these - he could have found one with Egg Moves as well, or just the general level up moves. Heck, if you can breed Pokemon with Egg moves, than some wild Pokemon can also end up with those as well.

TMs are another option... he could have also have teamed up with someone to do a double battle, and get the experiance that way - Ralts feebly growling away while the other Pokemon did all the work.

I however like the idea that he himself attacked the Pokemon, swinging the poor Ralts around and bashing defenseless Pokemon with its big head so it gained the experiance. Screw game mechanics - Ralts can learn Headbutt now! (Wally so needs to be a move tutor in that case then).

Yay for speculating on something while ignoring the simple fact that it's a game and it doesn't really matter. :D Credit to Wally though to surpass the fail that is Brendan/May - your Rivals - in the game though - has a far superior team, and he started out with a Pokemon without an attacking move.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    He used a good old PokeWhip to train his wally to level 6 and then he spammed confusion for the rest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Maybe my answer is its unknown cause where will he get the rar cand's and i think ralts is lv5

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    He called a military dude and went to boot camp and was forced to slap other Ralts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    He made ralts battle a tyranitar and then used a sensu bean XD Nah XD the most logical one would be that ralts just learned it as in the anime ash's bulbasaur learns Dig

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Who knows. Maybe His Ralts was really ugly, and the oppenent fainted. XD, im kiddin
    Who knows? Mysterious things games.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • I know!!! He moves to Verdanturf, right? Well there are Roselia on the route next to it. So Wally probably caught the Roselia to help him train it and Ralts. I know this because in Victory Road, he uses a Roselia.

But if his Ralts only knew Growl, how would he catch the Roselia? Unless he had a lot of Pokeballs, maybe even Great Balls.

Rare Candy.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Not really, sure, maybe luck of no battles 'till his uncle caught him a Pokémon?

A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?
    Over Ocean: Don't think so.
    Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.
    Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?
    Easy answer to both.

Ralts knows fly.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • You realise that people in Pokemon games can drive cars and stuff you just never see them as it would ruin the game if they can drive and you can't.

Wally trains his Ralts with hacks

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • A better question would be: How does he get to Verdanturf?Over Ocean: Don't think so.Through Rusturf Tunnel: Blocked off.Through to Fallabor and so on: With that Level a Ralts?
    Woah... well, maybe he just drove there on the freeway we never ever see, or caught a plane from the airport we never ever see, or got a helicopter from the helipad we never ever see etc etc.
    Or: The wild pkmn fainted from excessive laughter of looking at ralts' puny self, so ralts got the free Exp. while Wally cried in shame. =D
    Amen to THAT. A Magikarp could beat Ralts in an armwrestle. And it doesn't even have arms!

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • I complimented the Magikarp kind!! ...sorta. ^^"
    This thread is answered, people. He just left it at the daycare...
    He can't have left it in the Daycare. You need more than one Pokemon.
    I know!!! He moves to Verdanturf, right? Well there are Roselia on the route next to it. So Wally probably caught the Roselia to help him train it and Ralts. I know this because in Victory Road, he uses a Roselia
    Something else that people seem to think. He would need a whole lotta Pokeballs for THAT to work, but it is possible. So, where did Wally find the money for said Pokeballs? Working in the local freakshow, what with his (hopefully not, but probably) naturally green hair?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    You dont have to leave two pokemon it's just an option

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
  • Rare Candys,TMS,Daycare,Caught other pokemon and double battle,EXP Share.
    You dont have to leave two pokemon it's just an option
    I think what he was trying to say you have to have one pokemon in your party the whole time,If he left Ralts at the Day care center and it was his only pokemon then he would be disobeying that rule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back