• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I heard Red was tough?

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
    Years
    If you have tactics up your sleeve he wont be tuff to defeat

Lower his stats poison him and stuff ,His pika pwnd my Feraligatr

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Pikachu was kinda a beast to beat, but I just killed him with my level 65 Garchomp.... go Earthquake!

You dont get that much experience from a lv 88 Pikachu though... >_>

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Pikachu was kinda a beast to beat, but I just killed him with my level 65 Garchomp.... go Earthquake!

You dont get that much experience from a lv 88 Pikachu though... >_>
    I'm just happy he didn't decide to make it a Raichu yet, that would be a much tougher fight :paranoid:

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I OHKO his Pikachu with earthquake
    beat his Blastoise, Snorlax, and Lapras with my Electrivire
    beat his Charizard with my Feraligatr
    beat his Venasaur with my Arcanine..

the only healing item I use is a Hyper Potion once on my Electivire so it lasts through all 3 Pokemon. :P I'm somewhat cheap but it works out

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    first time i beat him was with lv 87 typhlosion. Second time was with a lv 87 feraligtr

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I plan to Lv up my team to about Lv 72 Until I even attempt Battling Red ;|

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I've heard as long as you bring plenty of revives he's easy. Hail takes 1/16th of his Pokemon's health each turn, so all of him Pokemon die in 16 turns aside from Lapras without you even attacking. So in 80 turns all of his Pokemon are dead if you don't factor in him healing them. But yeah, I thought he was easy.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I beat him with:
    Typloshion lv.79
    Heracross lv.82
    Miltank lv.81
    Lugia= lv.71
    Raikou lv.67
    -Sacrrfice poke (For reviving)-

A few max revives and Hyper potions and I won first try =D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.I'm glad he doesn't have an Espeon (Sabrina's killed my Politoed,Marowak,and Lugia without dropping into yellow health.I had to use Draco Meteor, then parahax with Dragonbreath to defeat her-Dialga rules.)

Do you need HMs to get to him?Because if you do, I'll fail.Otherwise...

Marowak will Bone (merang) that Pikachu, Politaro (Politoed) will Surf over Charizard, Bounce Venusaur to death, then my Hypnosis+Substitute+Focus Punch Poli (Poliwrath) will pwn the other 3.Or, if not, Suicune might help

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    I know you must have Rock Climb. Rock smash and Strength I think, but I'm not sure. Fly will help you leave...if you don't want to go all the way back down.

Ooka

Years
    I think all you need is Rock Climb. At least that's all I seem to remember needing. Don't really remember, it's been about 50 hours of gameplay since I battled him. :/

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I don't remember exact levels, but when I fought him in the Japanese Heart Gold, my Pokémon were in their mid 50's. You don't have to use high level Pokémon, just make sure you have a good strategy going in.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    It ain't much of a challenge in my opinion, not anywhere near like it was years ago. His Snorlax doesn't have Rest and Snore (a true cheap, lame and extremely frustrating combo, which was the hardest part about Red) making his Snorlax a piece of cake. Also constant hail weakens the Snorlax and all his other Pokemon.

So yeah overall pretty easy. And his Lapras doesn't do squat.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I migrated my team up from Emerald (Below, in my sig) all EV'd lv 100, it was a cake walk

Ooka

Years
    I migrated my team up from Emerald (Below, in my sig) all EV'd lv 100, it was a cake walk

That takes the fun out of it though don't you think? I mean, it's fun having a challenge, but having Pokemon that just make it "Click the right move" ends up being pretty boring. :P

But to each their own, I prefer the harder approach, and of course some people like it to be extremely easy. XD

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I plan to have my Pokemon about level 78-85 for my battle against Red. I'm also not going to use any legendaries, just some pretty good tactics (once I come up with them XD.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I beat him yesterday with only my level 82 Typhloshion and my level 80 Mewtwo. You're going to need pokemon in the 80's to defeat him. Make sure you have a pokemon with Earthquake to get rid of his level 88 Pikachu. It's his highest level pokemon.

I was so happy, though. I got a Charmander from Oak!

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Hmm... he sounds like a challenge indeed. My Poke'mon are in their 50's right now, but I've got my lv 100 Flareon with me. So hopefully, she'll be enough. =)

Back