• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want Misty Back!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    The fact that you were old enough to watch the original series, it really wouldn't help that much since you're outside the demographic.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They'll never bring Misty back. Deal with it.​

So..so cruel, SL. Crushing all our hopes and dreams.. ; ;

But yeah, I don't think they'll ever bring her back for good myself. Maybe for an episode or two, which I agree, will probably happen around the time HG/SS releases. May made her DP appearance, so of course Misty has to get her turn in sometime soon.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    Togekiss and the Return of Misty

Togekiss will most definitely have an appearance somewhere in the DP saga, and it will most likely be Misty's. We've never seen any other trainer own or Togepi nor have we seen wild ones wandering about. Perhaps this is a sign of Misty's return/cameo?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Oh that'd be nice. I'd try to find those episodes once they have been released.

Loved it whn Ant & Dec did those pokebattles. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMISTY!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It could be a sign of her return, but it's been shown that there quite a few wild Togepi, certainly some of them had to evolve aside from just Misty's. D:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Probably a Misty cameo, but defiantly not coming back to stay

Loved it whn Ant & Dec did those pokebattles. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMISTY!

I remember that! Their Gary vs Misty thing was so funny, I laughed everytime he said "Mmmmmmisty!" XD

AfroConnor

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Misty's Japanese voice actors blog has 'hinted' that Misty will make a few recurring appearances during the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battle episodes but no episodes have been announced yet but I'm always checking and I will keep an eye on it. If she does though I do hope she has her Togetic and it evolves!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Said it before and I'll say it again: Misty's never coming back. Deal with it.​

We'll see about that. Besides, even IF it's true that she's never going to be back in the Main Cast, that still doesn't rule out an appearance from Misty.

Anyways, if Candice is anything to point out, they're not going to be using Platinum's lineup anytime soon (They would have used Candice's Platinum lineup instead of her D/P lineup if they were going to focus on Platinum), which means, no Togekiss for Cynthia. Seeing how it was made absolutely clear that most of the Togepi/Togetic exist in another dimension in the Mirage Kingdom arc, meaning, in the main anime at least, they can't have some random trainer have a Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss, nor can they have it in the wild, that only means that the only way for Togekiss to appear in the anime IS to have Misty appear.

Either way, Misty's VA had hinted at an appearance, though most likely an actual return to the show, seeing how that was the first and so far only time she actually posted a mention to her returning to the show (as not even the MMoMP special had her mentioning Misty's return), so we may as well expect a Misty appearance.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The fact that you were old enough to watch the original series, it really wouldn't help that much since you're outside the demographic.

Seeing how they were able to reference several things (like Pikachu's Evolution Stone, Lt. Surge, Ash's original outfit, Caterpie/Butterfree, etc, etc.), would it really matter? I mean, they could have EASILY not referenced those things and treated the past things as though they never existed (AG, and more specifically, Battle Frontier, was infamous for forgetting everything in the past seasons), seeing how the demographic wouldn't know anything about those things anyways, but they didn't.

They'll never bring Misty back. Deal with it.

Misty was already implied to be reappearing in the DP series by Mayumi Iizuka (and considering how none of her appearances, not even with the MMoMP special, had even mentioned Misty appearing once by her, it's definitely going to be more than just a regional appearance. heck, it may actually be an actual return to the main cast.).

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yes, Togetic may have been released, but that DOESN'T mean it can't reappear at some time. Need I remind you that Lapras was released and yet revisited Ash in a Johto episode?

But Togetic was released to another dimension or something like that. It's hard to imagine that that'll somehow appear in Sinnoh.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    randomspot555 makes a good point. Lapras went off to swim around in the ocean. Togetic is in the Mirage Kingdom and is guarding all of the other Togepi there. In a way, its similar to what Ash's Pidgeot is supposedly doing and we know how that ended :\

I'm anticipating the return of Misty, but for a cameo, maybe a two or three episode arc if we're very lucky.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Misty's Japanese voice actors blog has 'hinted' that Misty will make a few recurring appearances during the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Galactic Battle episodes but no episodes have been announced yet but I'm always checking and I will keep an eye on it. If she does though I do hope she has her Togetic and it evolves!

The blog was saying that she was going to make an appearance in the show. Many forums and sites interpreted this as: Misty/Kasumi's VA back in Pokemon show = return of Misty/Kasumi.
    It's a logical assumption (perhaps done intentionally to let everyone make this assumption), but the reality so far: she (as in Mayumi Iizuka herself) has hosted an real life (Pokemon related) show for a short period of time (back in February if I'm not mistaken) when a Pokemon episode aired. And that's it.

As for Misty/Kasumi appearance in the DP, perhaps if the writers are going to address the Togekiss plot. With or without Cynthia/Shirona.

There is also chance that Misty/Kasumi will appear when Ash is back in Pallet Town, but in my opinion the odds that she'll be back as a main characters are as good as absent.

Years
    I would like to have Misty back as a character, and let Brock leave. If Ash were to return to Johto for Battle Frontier, I would like Ash, Misty, and new Gold to travel together. It probably wouldn't happen like most say, but that's what I'd like to see.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The blog was saying that she was going to make an appearance in the show. Many forums and sites interpreted this as: Misty/Kasumi's VA back in Pokemon show = return of Misty/Kasumi.
    It's a logical assumption (perhaps done intentionally to let everyone make this assumption), but the reality so far: she (as in Mayumi Iizuka herself) has hosted an real life (Pokemon related) show for a short period of time (back in February if I'm not mistaken) when a Pokemon episode aired. And that's it.

And that blog had hinted at an appearance sometime in the future, so it's obviously not referring to the real life event, (Believe me, she would NOT be addressing this implication of Misty returning if she was meaning the 10th anniversary stuff.). She even stated an ambiguous time of arrival (Sometime in the future), so people would not claim that she would return by now as a reason as to why she wouldn't.

As for Misty/Kasumi appearance in the DP, perhaps if the writers are going to address the Togekiss plot. With or without Cynthia/Shirona.

Seeing how Candice had stuck with her DP lineup when they could have easily just used her Platinum lineup, there's little chance of Cynthia using Togekiss (since that was for Platinum), meaning the only other way they could give a proper debut to Togekiss is through Misty's Togetic.

There is also chance that Misty/Kasumi will appear when Ash is back in Pallet Town, but in my opinion the odds that she'll be back as a main characters are as good as absent.

Seeing how Lola had gotten an appearance in BF despite not even being mentioned since, what, "Showdown at Pewter City"? She may end up returning. Even if she can't, I will make sure I let the writers know that they should bring Misty back, or else.

Back