• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want Misty Back!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If Misty comes back I'm gonna crap super big brix.

Don't take me seriously. I just don't like her personality. She's better off at her Gym anyways because of her strong Pokemon. And it's even been confirmed Misty may never come back permanently anyways.

Although, I'd like to see her cameo a bit just see how she and Dawn do XD.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    If Misty comes back I'm gonna crap super big brix.

Don't take me seriously. I just don't like her personality. She's better off at her Gym anyways because of her strong Pokemon. And it's even been confirmed Misty may never come back permanently anyways.

Although, I'd like to see her cameo a bit just see how she and Dawn do XD.

I won't comment on your obvious distaste of Misty.

As for this so called "confirmation", if you're referring to that interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, I never really bought that confirmation due to the following reasons.

1. Masamitsu Hidaka isn't the Director of the Anime anymore (He was demoted after Battle Frontier to a Storyboard Artist)

2. He said the same thing about Brock during Season 2, and look what happened.

3. He legitimately didn't know about Platinum's development (Despite it's development being covered, oh, completely since before the 11th Movie aired, and even the 11th movie showed hints at Platinum's release.)

4. He's lied to the American Fanbase/employees before: In the 3rd movie commentary, Masamitsu Hidaka and his writing staff told 4Kids that Ash's father will be appearing in Season 5. Season 5 came and went, and Ash's father was neither seen nor was he even mentioned. He later told a similar fib to PUSA during Comic Con shortly before Diamond and Pearl was released, thus he's untrustworthy to future events/future of the Anime, even IF he is still directing Pokemon and not demoted to a Storyboard Artist. This also being the reason why I have doubts for Ash staying forever, his so-called confirmation of Gen V (Though that's also partially because of his utter, asinine lack of knowledge of Platinum), Ash's old Pokemon actually reappearing (By that, I mean Butterfree and Pidgeot.), and other things.

And NO, she's NOT better off at the Gym. If anything, her being at the Gym losing to countless inexperienced Pokemon would actually sink her potential far more than JJM's complete incompitence/lack of skill at battling. Besides, should we say that Ash is better off being a Frontier Brain?

Years
    Misty may return

According to Wiki she will make an appearance in a later episode of DP: Galactic Battles.
    It also states May will return in a similar fashion....
    Possibly the same episode...
    What a twist!
    wikipedia, Pokemon,
    Character section.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I now have PROOF!
    Taken from the text of Wikipedia
    Misty, known in Japan as Kasumi (カスミ, Kasumi?)Is Ash's first travelling friends through Kanto, the Orange Islands and Johto. Misty loves water Pokémon, hates bug Pokémon, and is currently the Cerulean City gym leader. She was the first female protagonist on the show. Her dream is to be the world's greatest Water Pokémon Master. She will make an appearance in the later season Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles.
    Taken from Wiki answers:
    It has been confirmed by Misty's Japanese actor that she'll be returning in the 12th season of Pokémon. Whether it is as a main or guest character is still unconfirmed. She has been mentioned in the 11th season though. In the episode "Buizel Your Way out of This" Ash was shown with Misty's lure, refusing to let Dawn use it because it's too special. Many Pokéshippers (supporters of the Ash/Misty pairing) use this as evidence to support Pokéshipping. Also, on serebii.net, it shows snapshots from the next season's theme with Misty there. Here is the address: https://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/intro/012.shtml

And if you look down on this link you'll see Misty/Kasumi on one of the snapshots of the japanese Intro!

https://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/intro/012.shtml

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm very sorry, but I stopped reading when I read "Wikipedia" and laughed my arse off.

You need better citations than Wikipedia because for all we know you could have edited that.

Edit: Give me a freaking break. It was never even in Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    Kasumi is NEVER going to travel with Satoshi again. And it's sad that so many people still believe that she will return.

:x Do you honestly want her back? What would she do? She is running the gym, and seems to have been doing very well with herself since she left.

We'll see her again, definitely. But just an appearance. That's all she needs. She has no reason to travel again.

Sheogorath

All hail the Madgod!
    Years
    I never really liked Misty. In my personal opinion, I'd rather like to see someone new, like a male protagonist as a main character (which, as far as I can tell, hasn't happened). Of course they might just with up using that girl with the huge hat from the new Gold and Silver remakes, am I right?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    well..........we want her back and are never giving up hope!

"Wanting" is not gonna get you anywhere besides misery and pain if you want too much. If popular demand actually could overcome then Misty would have been back by Battle Frontier. But how many years ago was that again?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    "Wanting" is not gonna get you anywhere besides misery and pain if you want too much. If popular demand actually could overcome then Misty would have been back by Battle Frontier. But how many years ago was that again?

BF was approximately two years ago. In other words, not that long ago. Now, if BF was a hundred seasons before, or heck, a THOUSAND years prior, THEN you're on to something.

Besides, Lola, Brocks mom, was never seen nor even referenced since her single mention in Brock's introduction episode (the one where 4Kids infamously screwed up by claiming she died), and yet she managed to not only appear in the main series after nine whole years, but become a recurring character who even had a place in the ending credits of Movie 11 (Even for recurring characters, that's quite a feat). If they can pull it off with Lola, they can certainly pull it off with Misty.

Kasumi is NEVER going to travel with Satoshi again. And it's sad that so many people still believe that she will return.

:x Do you honestly want her back? What would she do? She is running the gym, and seems to have been doing very well with herself since she left.

You call being beaten up by a bunch of rookie pokemon doing well by herself? If she's doing well by doing that, then Team Rocket must be enjoying themselves by being a punching bag!

Besides, we are at least being loyal by trying to bring her back.

Honestly, no, she's not doing well. In order for her to reach her full potential, she HAS to travel again. Besides which, she didn't even WANT to be the Gym Leader in the first place (the only reason she's putting up with it is because her sisters weren't reliable from the start.)

We'll see her again, definitely. But just an appearance. That's all she needs. She has no reason to travel again.

Neither did Brock, yet he's still traveling again and again.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Why would you want Misty back anyway? She was annoing..

Well, some want her back for Pokeshipping reasons, others hate May and Dawn.

As for me, well, I think Misty's just a better role model for girls. I mean, at least she isn't portrayed as being like those from Love Hina, Two and a Half men, the Triplets from BatB, the Fiorello Fangirls, the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu, or anything like that, unlike... ohh... say... May and Dawn.

I mean, the sole reason May and Dawn even existed in the first place is solely so us straight males can have sexual eyecandy.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I mean, the sole reason May and Dawn even existed in the first place is solely so us straight males can have sexual eyecandy.

The writers aren't THAT perverted. Misty just got old in the eyes of some. I don't think she will return.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The writers aren't THAT perverted. Misty just got old in the eyes of some. I don't think she will return.

Oh, really? Then explain what Masamitsu Hidaka meant by THIS:

So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that).

Heck, why don't you try to explain why, out of all the main characters who were stale, Misty was the only one who was replaced, whileas Ash and Brock continued despite especially the latter being far more stale?

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    You call being beaten up by a bunch of rookie pokemon doing well by herself? If she's doing well by doing that, then Team Rocket must be enjoying themselves by being a punching bag!

Besides, we are at least being loyal by trying to bring her back.

Whut?
    I'm quite not getting what you're saying?
    We haven't seen Kasumi for a while now (has got to be a few years in the anime). Even though Kasumi was very not into the idea of being a gym leader back then, she's probably grown up a lot more (which we have seen) and enjoys being a gym leader now.

Kasumi is tough. If she really hated that place that much, she would have found a way to leave. But she didn't, which makes me believe that she's happy there now.

Honestly, no, she's not doing well. In order for her to reach her full potential, she HAS to travel again. Besides which, she didn't even WANT to be the Gym Leader in the first place (the only reason she's putting up with it is because her sisters weren't reliable from the start.)

How the hell do you know? Again, we haven't seen Kasumi in ages now. Who are you to say that she's not doing well? She didn't want to be a gym leader at FIRST. it's been a few years now. Things change. She hasn't returned, or even showed up in Shinou. I'm sure if she wanted a break, she would have at least tried to find Satoshi and the gang during Shinou sometime.

Which makes me only think that the writers are going to have her show up when Satoshi returns to his home. And after that, she'll go back to her gym. Which is what she does.

Honestly, I find this 'argument' totally pointless, because ..in reality ..it's obvious that Kasumi is never going to travel with the main gang again. It's simple as that. Sorry to be so blunt, but :x you gotta stop lying you yourself.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, really? Then explain what Masamitsu Hidaka meant by THIS:

So then I said, "Why can't you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl." His following answers made me laugh my head off I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that).

Heck, why don't you try to explain why, out of all the main characters who were stale, Misty was the only one who was replaced, whileas Ash and Brock continued despite especially the latter being far more stale?

Because he is semi-perverted. I never said there wasn't a semi-perverted person in the writer's block. Besides, he was probably kinda biased there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Whut?
    I'm quite not getting what you're saying?
    We haven't seen Kasumi for a while now (has got to be a few years in the anime). Even though Kasumi was very not into the idea of being a gym leader back then, she's probably grown up a lot more (which we have seen) and enjoys being a gym leader now.

Kasumi is tough. If she really hated that place that much, she would have found a way to leave. But she didn't, which makes me believe that she's happy there now.

First off, she would need to find another relative to give ownership to the Gym (That is, BESIDES her sisters) that would be trustworthy enough, so leaving the gym, even for her, would be too difficult to try and do (as Cerulean Gym is implied to be a Family owned gym). Secondly, she DOESN'T enjoy being a Gym Leader. I mean, as soon as her sisters took back the gym after returning from that three-month cruise, what did Misty do? She left the gym to go to Hoenn. Something similar happened in the return to Kanto arc, where she forsaked her duties as Gym Leader, and even went as far as to delay her return. That's not even taking into account her reaction in GCYL and how at least three quarters of her hosos had her complaining about the Gym.

Did Brock even try to leave HIS gym prior to Meeting Ash? He obviously didn't care for the gym, but he still went with it anyways, even when he could have easily took leave from the Gym. In fact, the first chance he had to leave the gym for good (Flint revealing himself), he took it.

Just because she's working her butt off at the Gym doesn't mean she's liking it. Take Brock, for example. He's had to work at Pewter Gym for 5 whole YEARS, and he didn't even care for it.

How the hell do you know? Again, we haven't seen Kasumi in ages now. Who are you to say that she's not doing well? She didn't want to be a gym leader at FIRST. it's been a few years now. Things change. She hasn't returned, or even showed up in Shinou. I'm sure if she wanted a break, she would have at least tried to find Satoshi and the gang during Shinou sometime.

Which makes me only think that the writers are going to have her show up when Satoshi returns to his home. And after that, she'll go back to her gym. Which is what she does.

Honestly, I find this 'argument' totally pointless, because ..in reality ..it's obvious that Kasumi is never going to travel with the main gang again. It's simple as that. Sorry to be so blunt, but :x you gotta stop lying you yourself.

Ages? it's barely even been 3 seasons/ one saga since we saw her last. That's not ages. AGES would be either a century or a millenia of seasons.

And again, you could have said the same thing about Brock's Mom making regular appearances (seeing how she was not even mentioned or seen once for 9 seasons in the main series since Brock's debut episode), yet they made her into a recurring character when they could easily not have done that.

And anyways, we CAN bring Misty back. All we have to do is convince the writers to bring her back, show them how many of her fans want her back, and they'll do it. If they could do it with Brock despite not really needing to, they can do the same with Misty.

EDIT:

Because he is semi-perverted. I never said there wasn't a semi-perverted person in the writer's block. Besides, he was probably kinda biased there.

Maybe he was only one person, but I might as well remind you that he DIRECTED the Pokemon Anime for the first 9 seasons prior to his demotion. So, as far as anyone's concerned, what he said when he was director = what all the cast and crew had said. So at least with Misty's removal and May's removal, it's true.

Back