• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could create a pokemon ability, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    Voltage Crank - Ups ELECTRIC moves in a pinch (Electivire, Raichu, Luxray) :)

Teleconnect -
    The Pokemon cannot be effected by SP. ATK decreases (All psychics except legendaries) :)

Radiation - Poisons target on impact (Grimer, Muk, Koffing, Weezing, Croagunk, Toxicroak) :)

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Isnt Radiation already in the game its called Poison Point

Years
  • Bounty Hunter: Super-Effective moves are boosted by 30%.
    Basically a built-in and more powerful Expert Belt, it is part of a Fakemon I made once(based partly on Samus Aran, hence the name).

Mega Heat: Water type moves are reduced in power by 20%, there is a 40% chance that a Pokemon on the field will be burned each turn.
    Something to give to a Fire-Type uber. The 40% of burn could be quite deadly, and it would also make a good switch in to Palkia if the sun was up.

Combustion Engine: The Pokemon's speed increases by one stage if hit by a Fire-type move.
    Counterpart to Motor Drive that Magmortar should have had in this generation. Assuming that the Fire-type is popular the next generation then Choice-Specs Magmortar might become a replacement for Heatran.

Changes to other abilities:

Anger Point can Activite if a Pokemon is hit by a Super-Effective move, but only if it's power is above 100(accounting for STAB but not for the SE 2x multiplyer)

Forewarn now takes STAB into account.

Inner Focus prevents flinching from Focus Punch(hello, FP Dragonite)

Air Lock and Cloud Nine stop weather effects completely.

The Infinite Weather abilities now activate again once weather from a move or ability clears out.

Last edited:

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • Overcome
    Raises sp.att if the user is hit with a "super-effective" move. Stacks with x4 weakness. Stealth Rock also activates this ability if the user is weak against rock.

Dark Shade

It's already too late...
    Years
  • Unstable: if hit by a critical hit, the unstable pokemon has a 50% chance of exploding (same as explosion move). Known by voltorb, electrode, magnamite, magneton and magnezone.

Meltdown: If the user is asleep, all other pokemon in battle take damage. Known by Heatran, Magmortar and typhlosion.

Underestimation: if the users level is less than it's opponents level, all the users attacks are doubled in power. Known by Togepi, Azurill, Happiny, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Elekid, Magby, Pichu, Tyrogue, Mantyke, Smoochum, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Riolu

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Yay I'm happy this thread has continued.

Super Focus: Focus based moves will not be distracted (Focus Punch).
    Maximized: Evasion decreases but defense is raised.
    Scissors: Cut and Slashing moves are stronger
    Downtime: Electric type moves are disabled in the battle.
    Fireworks: When the opponent alters its stats, it becomes distracted and confused.

Stress wouldn't work as its too OP causing someone to not be able to fight...maybe have a chance each turn and it will tell you before the move is selected.
    Relief Work isnt needed because of Rock Head
    Guaranteed Blow should be Master Puncher and Master Kicker for Hitmon Brothers...Maybe one for Mr. Top
    Catchy should be more clear as no pokemon can have 2 abilities at once i assume you meant that they have the chance to get 2 different abilities
    Pentadodge should have a chance effect.
    If Reload means healed to 100% of PP it should have a lower %.

-TheZeide

Ok. Thanks for pointing this out.
    What does OP mean though.
    Since you made this point about Catchy, well...

I made this other one for a substitute.

Boredness: This Pokemon has a 40% chance every turn to change its ability to one that is present on a Pokemon in its or its opponent's party.

And isn't catch like your *Jack-of-all-trades*?

WOW! I forgot that Stress can do that much effect!

I'll fix it then. There is a 70% chance that a damaging move will fail, forcing the Pokemon to mostly use stat-alteration moves.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Here's one I thought of...
    Delusion (Temporary name) - Doubles the effect of stat moves
    Effect: If the pokemon use a stat move, the effect is doubled
    Example: if a Pokemon uses Swords Dance, instead of the pokemon getting a +2 Attack Boost, it would get a +4 attack boost. It's the same for decreasing moves; if a Pokemon uses Metal Sound against the pokemon with the ability, that Pokemon gets a -4 Sp. Def decrease, instead of a -2 decrease.

Borrow - Copies the opponents' ability until the Pokemon is taken down/withdrawn

Forager - Will sometimes gather berries for you at random, the berry then becomes the hold item (Like Pickup, but only berries), If this Pokemon is leading your Party, you get +1 Berries when picking them

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here's one I thought of...
    Delusion (Temporary name) - Doubles the effect of stat moves
    Effect: If the pokemon use a stat move, the effect is doubled
    Example: if a Pokemon uses Swords Dance, instead of the pokemon getting a +2 Attack Boost, it would get a +4 attack boost. It's the same for decreasing moves; if a Pokemon uses Metal Sound against the pokemon with the ability, that Pokemon gets a -4 Sp. Def decrease, instead of a -2 decrease.
    That ability already exists, it's called Simple, and is exclusive to Bibarel.

Borrow - Copies the opponents' ability until the Pokemon is taken down/withdrawn
    That's called Trace.

Forager - Will sometimes gather berries for you at random, the berry then becomes the hold item (Like Pickup, but only berries), If this Pokemon is leading your Party, you get +1 Berries when picking them[
    It's Pickup, you said it yourself.{/QUOTE]

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Indeed. We should actually make some more.
    Epic Rush: The Pokemon's speed doubles in a pinch.

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • this is an attack

vampire burst
    physical
    type:ghost
    power:120
    accuracy:75
    effect:user recovers half of the damage dealt, this attack poisons normal types (but doesnt ddo damage)and fighting types

users:
    banette
    gengear
    crobat
    sharpedo
    carnivine

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
    Years
  • Catatonia

Causes the pokemon to lose its motor skills for one turn.

25% chance of 40% health loss
    75% chance of paralysis.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Autonomous - When this Pokémon faints, the next Pokémon sent out gets a +1 Speed Boost.

Usable by Aggron, Steelix, Bastiodon, and Metagross.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Crash Course: Speed based moves will never miss.
    Blackout: The accuracy of the opponent will decrease when the user gets hit.

Last edited:

Princess Pichu

Art is a flash of beauty~
    Years
  • Heat Absorb: Restores HP when hit by a Fire-type move.

Frighten: Lowers opponent's Special attack upon sending out. (Intimidate for SpAtt really...)

That's all I got...D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Slime Field: All Poison type moves take two turns to attack, but deals 2.5x more damage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back