• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I heard of lacrosse a bit thanks to a certain Japanese anime and tokusatsu, but never know how it's done :(
    And sometimes I played table tennis for the count.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I seriously love her as an artist, haha. My favorite song would be a tie between Born to Die and Summertime Sadness. Regardless of how many times I listen to these, they just never seem to get tiring. :]

Starry Windy

Years
    I did see Rugby at some point (through some Sports channel), but I think it's not popular enough in my country.

Last edited:
    Years
    I remember in my 9th grade physical education course, there were two (or three) days when some guys (and gals) came out to the school to teach us basic rugby. It had its similarities to American football, but differences as well. Pretty interesting game if you ask me.

Years
    If you live in Australia like me, you'll realize how popular rugby is over here, with major competitions for both league and union variants, and also good ol' soccer and Aussie Rules. Australians surely love their football :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In american football, they use their hands for the ball most of the time, wear bulky clothing and play for seconds at a time. I kind of don't want to call it football since I think football is a much better name for what americans name as soccer :p Rugby seems rougher.

Starry Windy

Years
    Oh, I always thought American Football and Rugby are one and the same. I was wrong at this part, and it seems like you're having great time that time, Zach.

I remember back then, once per week, I and the other students were wearing different uniforms suited for sports, and it's interesting that we're practicing sports outside of the class.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I actually think rugby would suit a physical beast like me lol. But yeah, never played it. Was interested in it, though.

Also, sorry butt ummm thread title I somehow comprehend as 'andy didn't get the finger so he needs sympathy. Or someone provide a finger'. I am so weird, huehuehue

Starry Windy

Years
    Yep, you're right. And I think some other sports like Basketball and Soccer are more suited to the fast, agile players. That's what makes each sports unique, I believe.

Years
    I'm not much into sports anyways, except for (American) football. It's kinda sad that I'm saying that on an international forum. :p

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I don't see the hype in sports at all. I think in a world of entertainment that includes people going to great lengths to write scripts, make costumes, build artificial sets and deliver performances, it's kind of a cheap option to watch people play a game.

But that's just me. As you say, everybody has their own tastes.

Starry Windy

Years
    I don't see the hype in sports at all. I think in a world of entertainment that includes people going to great lengths to write scripts, make costumes, build artificial sets and deliver performances, it's kind of a cheap option to watch people play a game.

But that's just me. As you say, everybody has their own tastes.

And I heard the sport players are getting the money just as well as the artists and film-makers themselves. Most of the time, I think.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Well I do understand that. The only reason film stars etc get so much money is because of the money they generate, and sport plays generate a similar amount of money for their clubs or stadiums or whoever gets that money. I'm just saying I think we need to refocus where our entertainment lies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I think the bigger social question is why sports stars are getting paid millions of dollars while our teachers are being paid at a minuscule fraction of that. I understand economically how they are paid more, but it's still wrong in my opinion.

Years
    I think our entertainment focus is perfectly fine, though maybe we could butt out of celebrities lives a little bit so there aren't, y'know, sleazy photographers stalking celebs at their homes.

Humans at their highest athletic pinnacles are something to appreciate. We know quite a bit about the physical limitations of the human body because of the crap athletes have put their bodies through.

Teachers do deserve to be paid more than they are, I will say that. American private school teachers probably make better money than most public school teachers, but the jump in pay varies based on location, I assume. I wouldn't doubt some public school teachers make as much, if not more, than private school teachers if they work for an affluent school district that's consistently hiring new teachers due to growth year in and year out.

Rugsby sounds more entertaining to be honest.

SHOTS FIRED.

I'd have to say I prefer lacrosse out of the two, since it resembles hockey to me, and I like hockey, though ice hockey is something I can't play because I never learned to ice skate. Particularly giving a good shoulder check. :P though I could have done without people in my high school phys ed classes whacking their lacrosse sticks on my arms when I had the ball or was chasing the ball

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back