• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I came home early today from my university because there was lack of water from the city, apparently. Bizarre. to say the least.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Teachers do deserve to be paid more than they are, I will say that. American private school teachers probably make better money than most public school teachers, but the jump in pay varies based on location, I assume. I wouldn't doubt some public school teachers make as much, if not more, than private school teachers if they work for an affluent school district that's consistently hiring new teachers due to growth year in and year out.
    Actually, private school teachers get paid less than public school teachers, on average. There are some exceptions, but I'm talking about overall. My Intro. to Education class is covering this now, so it should be recent information. Otherwise, I just completely misunderstood my professor, and that's never a good thing. :P

Years
    Actually, private school teachers get paid less than public school teachers, on average. There are some exceptions, but I'm talking about overall. My Intro. to Education class is covering this now, so it should be recent information. Otherwise, I just completely misunderstood my professor, and that's never a good thing. :P

I just realized: private school teachers probably have lower union membership rates, if any at all. That might account for the dip.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    In this part of my country you get paid way to less for any job you do :/
    from cleaning to surgeon, you almost never earn enough money from one job only, ergo a lot of people over here have a secondary one and work all day and such

Years
    In this part of my country you get paid way to less for any job you do :/
    from cleaning to surgeon, you almost never earn enough money from one job only, ergo a lot of people over here have a secondary one and work all day and such

Hm... where would that be? I'm curious.

Khilia

Years
    Hm... where would that be? I'm curious.

Eastern Germany
    what used to be the GDR and thus under the rule of the USSR
    it adapted communism and a dictatorship and such and everything
    and if you compare the east and the west today, well, there might be no border anymore but in spirit we're still split :c

Years
    Eastern Germany
    what used to be the GDR and thus under the rule of the USSR
    it adapted communism and a dictatorship and such and everything
    and if you compare the east and the west today, well, there might be no border anymore but in spirit we're still split :c

Yup I can see that, East Germany is behind West financially. Are you seeking a move away from where you are (or even planning)?

That being said, living in West Berlin during separation must've been very awkward.

Khilia

Years
    Yup I can see that, East Germany is behind West financially. Are you seeking a move away from where you are (or even planning)?

That being said, living in West Berlin during separation must've been very awkward.

I'm not sure if I'm even ever able to move because of that exact reason, I can't afford it at all
    It's pretty much a vicious circle

It probably was, it was entirely surrounded by a wall, although it got supplies from the western Trizone by the so called Luftbrücke (literally air bridge) and the American/British planes
    In a way it was almost less awkward than living in East Berlin :/
    (I mean, anyone who tried to get over the wall in Berlin/whole Germany from both sides to the other one got shot immediately and such)

Years
    I'm not sure if I'm even ever able to move because of that exact reason, I can't afford it at all
    It's pretty much a vicious circle

It probably was, it was entirely surrounded by a wall, although it got supplies from the western Trizone by the so called Luftbrücke (literally air bridge) and the American/British planes
    In a way it was almost less awkward than living in East Berlin :/
    (I mean, anyone who tried to get over the wall in Berlin/whole Germany from both sides to the other one got shot immediately and such)

Yeah I can see where you're coming from...

By the way why I am here in Pokecommunity is as good as anyone's guess, 2 freakin' exams right before spring break. I hope the water problem continues tomorrow but that's not going to happen, is it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I came home early today from my university because there was lack of water from the city, apparently. Bizarre. to say the least.

I love it when stuff like that just happens at random. Just the other day all the traffic lights in Security went down, and we had citizen traffic directors out before the police got there. Whoop-de-doo~

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Speaking of tests, I just finished sophomore testing for the Transitional Colorado Assessment Program (TCAP), which was done over the past three days (Tuesday-Thursday). I came in for Tuesday, skipped Wednesday to sleep 'till 3 in the afternoon (long story), and went today. Looks like I'll have to go in to admin next week to take my other one. :3

Testing, testing, testing. The shining star of our failing education system. These things make or break where you're going in life, and—albeit they're never hard for me—they ruin oppurtunities for otherwise bright and intelligent people because they don't have a brain that approaches life as the infinite system of binaries and arrays that it is. :/

Years
    I've always had issues with multiple choice questions on tests \: Speaking of, I have a Java midterm that I have yet to learn the material for, never mind studying it OTL

Years
    Multiple choice tests are intimidating.. you think you know the answer, but you wind up getting it wrong lmao

Years
    Multiple choice tests are intimidating.. you think you know the answer, but you wind up getting it wrong lmao

Exactly! The professors often tell you to go with your gut feeling. I do that and I still get them wrong D: This term there have been a couple midterms where I would get perfect on the programming/coding portions, but the marks I lost were from the multiple choice questions >>;;

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I got a 30 on a test today that I took with multiple people. It was a group test. ♥♥♥♥♥ said we got an 80, then looked and was like ♥♥♥♥ that 8 is cut in half. That's a 30. LOL. The whole class failed, so it didn't matter.

Years
    Back when I was in high school, one of my teachers curved their tests based on the overall class average. If everyone did horrible, it was curved greatly. However, the district's final semester exams were always curved (the exams you take on Scantrons) that is. In college though, I have yet to see any of my professors curve a test/exam.

Years
    Back when I was in high school, one of my teachers curved their tests based on the overall class average. If everyone did horrible, it was curved greatly. However, the district's final semester exams were always curved (the exams you take on Scantrons) that is. In college though, I have yet to see any of my professors curve a test/exam.

None of my professors bell curved in university, but I think in the engineering classes they do because those courses are hard D: Hence why I'm not in that field. That and because I'm not smart enough XD

Years
    What makes me pissed off though with college is how everything has to be bought. I mean, you have to buy your Scantrons from the school bookstore, and same with writing examination books as well. Can't schools like offer some free perks to students such as Scantrons and other examination materials? -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back