• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indigo Trainers Association (T)

Years
    Dylan looked at Sherry, not really showing any emotion on his face. In his head he was screaming, "OF COURSE YOU DID! BUT NOOO I WASN'T THOUGHT ABOUT!" Good thing he didn't have it in him to start screaming, because it would get ugly. He wasn't mad at her, he was mad at what she did. Instead of showing his anger, he stood up, calmly walked over to Sherry, and hugged her. It didn't take long for him to realize he was drenched, and she WAS, well, completely dry. He just stepped back and scratched the back of his head.

Jem walked over to Misdreavius, happy to get out of the rain. "Good thing you came along. If you hadn't well, Sherry would be here, and Dylan would be in Violet, having no clue what to do, until I told him of course."

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    Shirona could tell he was upset. He was wayyyy too calm. She placed her hand on his arm lightly, barely touching. "Look, if your angry with me, write it. I deserve it. I didn't think about what you might do....I only thought of what seemed best to me. I'm very sorry, please Dylan", she said, standing up. She hugged him, not caring that she was getting soaked. "Please, can you forgive me? I know I don't deserve it....", she said trailing off. Fluff, her mother's, now her's, Hoppip floated over. It latched onto the top of Shirona's head with it's tiny pink feet. "Pip!", it squeaked. She reached up and pet the Hoppip. "Hey Fluffy boy.", she said, her voice soft. "Ammphy", a pokemon cried. Her father's Ampharos, named Amphy, came into the room. "Hey Amphy.", she said, petting the electric type. "Their my parent's pokemon. I became their owner when they went away. This is Amphy", she said, pointing to the Ampharos. "And this is Fluff", she said, pointing to the pokemon on her head.

---------------------------

Misdrevius nodded. "Yeah, but he's angry. And she's picking up on that. Now she feels even guiltier. Can't you talk to Dylan? Try and reason with him?", she asked. "Yes, please do. I don't want her sad", Amphy said. "Yeah. We grew up together. When she's sad, we all get sad", Fluff said. "And what happened to the flowers?", Misdrevius asked.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    (Looks like an interesting system, and good luck with school! :0)

"I just usually never had time in the morning. Usually I'd be herb gathering or packing boxes for transport. I never really caught myself hungry until some time around noon," Sethos said, trying not to sound like some kind of contrary to Rebecca (he almost literally threw his hands up in surrender). But he had to admit that she did seem more serious and calculative. It wasn't a bad thing; just something noticeable about her. Was she like that every morning? Or maybe she had a rough sleep?

Either way, Sethos wasn't so sure about coffee. He had no problems with it; sometimes even he'd drink it if he had a bad night and really needed something to make it to the afternoon. On the other hand, as it might have been expected, his grandparents as herbalists were more of the tea-variety. And it wasn't hard to get Sethos into the same boat when he was a child. He'd probably even have some kind of tea in the afternoon today to push him through the rest of the day. He had a different variety of leaves and blends in his backpack, and most of them were rather common and found just about anywhere. But coffee seemed to work for Rebecca. The second one seemed to be snapping her out of the morning spell. She seemed a little sheepish for a second and seemed to look... well Sethos had no idea-- but seeing something, or nothing, seemed to put her back at ease. Yep, she's back, the boy thought as he listened to the girl. The challenge at the first gym...

"If you weren't in this room the thought of it might have made me quake, honestly," Sethos thought, obviously thinking as he showed a little hesitation, "Gym Leaders aren't pushovers. They'll battle every trainer with whatever they got, and the title of Gym Leader is an obvious sign that it's not going to be an easy fight. They know they're centered around a type-theme, and more or less they've prepared to go toe-to-toe with a team that has type-advantage. Even if Mankey and Frillish are strong against Rock-types and Rhyhorn himself is a Rock- and Ground-type that doesn't assure me victory or anything. I can see my whole team being devastated right in front of me; strong trainers don't go into battle thinking losing's an impossibility. They're willing to try and give it their all in the face of possible defeat."

Sethos looked up, and realized just how much he was rambling at the moment. Rebecca probably didn't need to hear half of it considering that she was going first, but she probably knew that Brock wasn't going to be an easy defeat. "... but that's just my opinion!! You're a strong trainer, Rebecca, and I'm sure you'd do fine even without the extra training before hand! Since I'm the one acting so afraid I should be the one doing the extra training! I'll join you today before the match! Heheheheheh... eh..." Sethos tried to redeem his rant. Even if it didn't help, there were other redeeming facts to acknowledge. "Seriously, you don't have to worry about it too much. Hoppip might not know a Grass-type attack, but he knows Confusion. Don't forget that Brock's Pokemon are going to be Rock- and Ground-types. While they may be able to turn away most physical attacks they won't have the best special defenses. Hoppip's essentially on equal grounds! And I'll be cheering for you all the way!"

Years
    As a sign of forgiveness, Dylan reached over and kissed Sherry's hand. After all, he didn't want to lose his only friend he had. Of course he was still upset, but he had to get over it at some point. Amphy and Fluff weren't far from his reach, so he reached over and pet both of them. When he reached Fluff, he thought he might accidently push her down because she was so light. What hadn't crossed Dylan's mind until now was that he had left everything back in Violet City, and his door wide open. His eyes grew wide and he started looking around franticly for something to write with and on. "What's a matter?" Jem said through his mind.

I forgot everything in Violet, and my ddoor wide open. Everything is going to be gone when we get back! Can you tell her? I don't have anything to write on.

"Uhh.. I'll certainly try, but don't leave yet!"

Jem walked over to Sherry and looked up at her. She focused on getting her voice in Sherry's head. "Sherry? It's Jem. Can you hear me? If so, Dylan left everything in Violet, and his door open. He needs to go back to get it. Are you still staying back? Don't tell Dylan, but I like having you around, otherwise it'd be just me and 2 guys. Oh boy, I'm just rambling on now, and you probably can't even hear me.."

Jem then turned to the other pokemon, "Hey, I don't think I need to talk to Dylan, he seems to have it under control. BUT we need to get to Violet, and soon."

DarkAngel91

Years
    Shirona nodded, understanding Jem. "Amphy, Fluff, James, Harmony, Misdrevius, return", she called, returning them to their pokeballs. She put them on her belt and re-packed everything. She put on a clean, dry hoodie and her favorite black fez, now looking slightly like a mob boss. She put stuff away and then came back. She hugged Dylan again. "Thank you for forgiving me. I promise to never do anything that stupid again", she said, meaning asking questions like that. Wait a sec....He never said why he won't talk. He just explained an accident, she thought. She looked at Jem. Hello? Not sure if you can hear me Jem, but I'm a bit upset. He never said why he won't talk. Did he damage his vocal chords?, she thought. Her face never gave any indication she was having a mental conversation with a pokemon. "Sooooo. Ready to go?", she asked.
    ---------------------------------------
    Misdrevius popped out of her ball. She saw that Dylan still had the flowers, so she did a kind of ghostly facepalm. She tugged on her trainer's shirt, and indicated the flowers. "Come on woman. I don't have to spell it out for you do I?", the ghost-type said. After no response, the ghost type spotted magnet letters on the fridge. She moved them so the read "He got u flowers". Misdrevius tugged on her trainer's sleeve, pointing to the fridge.
    ---------------------------------------
    Shirona looked at the letters, then her face flushed a pale pink. That's sweet of him.....I know what to get him for a present....I just hope she still has one left, She thought, picking up the phone and calling a friend. It would take a while to get there, but it would be worth it. After a 15 minute long talk, Shirona hung up, feeling pleased with herself. Hey Jem, Dylan likes Psychic types right? One of my friends in Goldenrod City has a few Ralts eggs from her Gardevior. You think Dylan would like one? Might make for a nice little surprise gift, She thought to Jem.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
    With each word that passed Seth's lips, Rebecca's facial pallour passed through the various stages of regular to grey to papier mache to plain white like chalk. He was so right...she'd seen it with her own eyes, as Brock took on an over-confident water-type Trainer with a good varied team of strong Water-type Pokemon...and absolutely rolled him up, chewed him between his molars and spat him out. And his Pokemon were completely annihilated too. Not once did Brock look concerned or worried...and Rebecca suspected that this in itself contributed to the Water-trainer's defeat...Seth was right, one should never get over-confident when facing a Gym Leader. They were Leaders, the 8 top trainers in the region aside from the Elite Four and Champion, for a reason.

"Y...of course," she said quietly as Seth seemed to chance tack completely, perhaps noticing that she looked beyond stricken. "But then...Brock has much more experience training Pokemon than I do. And he and his Pokemon have been together for goodness knows how many years...whereas Hoppip and I haven't known each other for very long at all...their bond will be completely superior to ours..." she was staring at the window as she spoke as though she had completely forgotten that Seth was even there. Her heart felt like it stopped for a moment as the enormity of the day crashed down on her shoulders, making her tremble slightly as she stood up abruptly, her chair falling to the floor with a loud clatter. "Excuse me," she whispered before bolting out of the room without even considering her ankle, practically throwing herself into the downstairs restroom and promptly vomiting, kneeling over the toilet just in time.

Eurgh.

Just how she imagined this day playing out.

After her already empty stomach had been pushed even further, Rebecca gasped and stood slowly, pulling the chain of the toilet before leaving the room slowly and making her way up to her bedroom. So dazed by her own worries, she completely forgot about Seth, and didn't even look to see if he was still in the kitchen to tell him where she was going. Sifting through her wardrobe, Rebecca pulled out a pair of khaki skinny cargo trousers and a white vest top and dressed in a daze staring at her own reflection. As she pulled her top over her head she caught sight of her stomach in her mirror and frowned deeply, turning to the side and prodding herself...that was flab. She was putting weight on. Her ribs hardly showed anymore...her trousers didn't feel particularly tight, but it was obviously one of those instances where it crept up on you slowly until you were a major chunk. Lowering her shirt slowly, Rebecca turned and frowned at her bed, feeling worried by her apparent weight gain. She'd been so careful...she stayed active and eat well - her parents believed in the scientific merits of healthy eating and exercise and would never let Rebecca get fat - but it obviously wasn't enough.

Scooping her bag up, she slung it over her shoulder and clipped her belt on around her hips, checking all her PokeBalls were securely held in place. Rebecca needed to get out and train...but she was completely dazed as she pulled on her ankle boots slowly.

Years
    Jem looked at Dylan, trying to figure him out before outright asking him why he hadn't spoke for so long. She couldn't figure it out, so she tried to carefully ease it onto him. "Hey Dylan? She said that we can leave whenever, but before we do, I was wondering something. I know about, well, "The Accident," but why don't you talk exactly?"

Dylan looked at Jem like she had just killed Ashton herself, but then calmed, realizing it was a good question. Well, just the last thing I heard was her scream. I guess it just traumatized me since I was so little, then I grew used to it, now I just can't. That's how it works I'm afraid.

Sherry had just been told about the flowers by Misdreavius when she asked another question to Jem. Hey Jem, Dylan likes Psychic types right? One of my friends in Goldenrod City has a few Ralts eggs from her Gardevior. You think Dylan would like one? Might make for a nice little surprise gift. Of course Jem knew the answer, which was yes, but she wasn't sure about telling Sherry that. "He said that he was traumatized as a kid by Ashton's death, and then got used to life without talking, now it's natural for him. And he does like psychic types, but... I mean... well... It would become the new psychic baby. Then I would be forgotten about. But yeah, he'd like that."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dylan was ready to go anytime, but Sherry just kept coming up with other things that needed to be done. Jeez.. So this is what living with a female would be like. LET'S GO! He thought, not really angry, just impatient. After Sherry hung up the phone doing who knows what, Dylan headed towards the door and stood there with the door open, hoping to speed things up. After all, he had $2,000, and his memorabilia of his life in Hoenn in an open room in another city.

DarkAngel91

Years
    Shirona noted Dylan's impatence, and sighed. "Ok, we'll go now", she said. Shewalked out and as she got to the edge of the city, a young trainer stopped her. "This is my city, so you better get out or beat me in a battle!", he said. She rolled her eyes. "Look kid, you won't win. Just go away, and save yourself the embarrassment.", she said, waving off the younger child like he was a fly. She looked back. "Well come on mister impatience. You wanted to go, so I'll race you there", she said.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Sethos watched as Rebecca bolted out of the room and ran off somewhere. Before he could feel like it was a growing trend, he heard the tell-tale "... Urk!!" of retching and then the flushing toilet. Gross... Well, now he knew there was a second bathroom somewhere in the house. And then he heard Rebecca slowly creeping up the stairs. Poor girl must have had shock and stressed nerves. "Real smooth, Windrunner," Sethos thought out loud as he smacked himself on the side of the head. Now she was doubting herself. Over-confidence might have been bad, but under-confidence was just as bad. He couldn't let her go into battle or training like that.

The first thing that came to mind was food. Rebecca probably didn't want food right now, though she probably should eat or drink, so simple cereal and milk wouldn't cut it. Walking to the refrigerator with a hasty pace, he swung it opened and took a quick survey of the contents inside. Looked like the basic assortments of healthy foods. That was good; he knew how to prepare some good dishes with the basics. But the question was what to make. Soups and stews were best fresh, and would take a while, but just simple sandwiches were too plain for this instance. It needed to be something with more effort... an omelet? Sure, it could work.

Grabbing the necessary ingredients and materials, he first started by washing his hands as through as possible. When that was done he grabbed the vegetables and, after cutting the amount he needed off from each one, diced them up as fast as possible. Even so, it was precise and well performed. Sliding them into a bowl, he mixed them so things were a little more even and he didn't have to worry about one vegetable overpowering the others. This was nothing; the seasoning would be the trickier part. Cracking the eggs into another bowl (and a second trip to the sink; he was very cautious about his hands being clean), he mixed them with the wisk as he slowly poured the mixed vegetables in.

*** skipping steps lolololol ***

Rebecca's was cooking nice and evenly. He made sure it was right, and nothing went wrong. The seasoning was more of a compromise (it looked like they didn't keep some of his go-to spices in their house, but he managed), but other than that he was sure she'd like it. Seeing it was done, the boy placed it on some foil, wrapped it up carefully, then wrapped it in white wrapping paper. It burned him a little in the transition, but it was nothing to worry about. Things like that happened. After he placed the other half of the bowl in for himself, Sethos grabbed a marker and wrote "Rebecca (and with a cool smiley face after it, too!)" on it and placed it on the table on top of a paper plate and plastic utensils. Smiling to himself, continued returning the unused ingredients back where they belonged and brought the dirty dishes over to the sink. He also monitored his own food.

"Rebecca! I've got something for you!" the boy called up to the girl as he began washing the dishes. No doubt this would probably be a weird sight for her to see, a new friend cooking in her kitchen, but he didn't seem to think about it that much. Instead, he merely continued as he was. It might have been a small token, but he hoped that it'd cheer her up a little.

Years
    Dylan nodded his head at the challenge, and the the natural dilemma hit him. It happened to all guys, being challenged by a girl, but it's always a lose-lose situation. Either he let her win, and be faced by the, "You got beat by a girl," or he try and potentially win, seeing as she might still win, and get the, "Why'd you beat her!? That's not cool." Good thing was, the second thing wouldn't happen in his situation, nobody else would know, but some potential whining may occur. He decided that he will figure it out as the race went on. The same kid stopped him, but he ignored the kid, who soon started crying that nobody listens to him. He returned Gastly to his pokeball, the pokemon had been enjoying the rain long enough, and they needed to get going. Before either of them signaled go, Dylan started running, turning around and laughing before running faster.

DarkAngel91

Years
    Shirona smiled to herself as she recalled Vulpix and Misdrevius. She soon broke into a gentle lope. She was an awkward runner, until she really got going. She humored Dylan by letting him get a good lead. Now this is going to be fun, she thought. "Hey Dylan! You've never seen me really run, have you?", she called. She poured on the speed and lengthened her strides, still not breaking a sweat. She was as graceful as a Rapidash when she ran. It felt good to stretch her muscles and let loose for once. She started laughing as she ran, enjoying the feel of running. "This is fun!", she called, still laughing.

Years
    Dylan laughed some more as Sherry ran by him, not seeming to be hurting at all. Holy crap! How can she not be almost dead by now!? He thought, slowly slowing down as he started to run out of breath. Alright Jem! I can't lose by this much! Think you can teleport me closer? Even in her pokeball, Jem responded, "I could, but I'm not going to. Haha!"

Dylan kept running, but nowhere as fast as Sherry was going. He started to stride out, hoping that would help. It did help a little bit, he almost caught up with her, but still was a ways behind her. He didn't give up, even though that might have been less embarrassing. Dylan could see Sprout Tower again over the trees, so he knew they were getting close. Unfortunately, this didn't look promising for him.

DarkAngel91

Years
    Shirona looked back, and laughed again. Unfortunately, she didn't see a hole in the ground. She stepped, then her laughter turned to a squeal of surprise and pain. She twisted her right ankle and went down hard. She bit her hand, doing her best to not scream in agony. She'd never twisted or broken anything in her life, so this pain was new to her. She didn't know how to react. Eventually, the pain became too much, so she let out a single, agony-filled, eerie wail. She wiped her tears away as she tried to move, resulting in double the pain. "Dylan!!!!", she cried, her voice high and piercing. She took out Vulpix's pokeball, and released her. "Go get Dylan Vulpix", she said.
    -----------------------------
    Vulpix nodded and ran back to Dylan. She found him and nudged Jem's pokeball, making her pop out again. "Trainer fell down and her ankle looks funny! She's crying and saying it hurts! Please, you have to hurry!", Vulpix said, jumping up and down as she ran.

SelenaStar

Years
    Straightening up, Rebecca frowned and walked slowly over to her doorway, hearing Seth call that he...had something for her? Wa...was that food she could smell? It was familiar, yet she couldn't quite place her finger on it...may well have been that her recent bout of nausea had impaired her sense of smell but she was oddly disgusted to hear and feel her stomach growl and turn over at the scent. If Seth had cooked this...of course she hadn't tasted it but it smelled delicious...although she couldn't help a sense of panic raising up from her toes to her scalp at the thought of ingesting even a forkful of whatever it was.

Walking down the stairs slowly, Rebecca couldn't help her eyebrow raising slightly as the smell intensified...it smelled amazing...and on rounding the kitchen doorway she saw that Seth was washing up? Was he too perfect or what? With a smile she took a seat, picking up the paper on which was scrawled her name and a sweet little smiley face. Her eyes slid from the note to the somewhat carefully wrapped meal in front of her and she laughed, smiling at Seth and watching for him to take a seat with her. She didn't really want to start without him.

"Seth...thank you so much..." she said meaningfully, unwrapping the white paper carefully and slowly, inhaling as a rush of the scent of the food hit her in the nostrils, smelling amazing. Taking her plastic knife and fork, Rebecca paused and cut open the foil, pulling it to the sides and looking at the food in front of her.

Her face fell somewhat as the panic rose within her again.

Memories, images of the pinched flab on her stomach...when she fell on Seth...her weight gain. Weight gain. Despite her best efforts she had gained weight, she just knew it, though her clothes may fit and she may be able to run around like the young girl, her entire body felt like it had expanded in her own skin.

With a somewhat shaky smile, Rebecca cut into her omelette and spent a great deal of time chopping it into smaller and smaller pieces, spearing one carefully and popping it in her mouth. She chewed thoroughly, bringing a hand to her mouth as she made a 'hmmmm!' noise of appreciation and swallowed, closing her eyes briefly with a wide smile before nodding at Seth.

"Delicious! So...where are we going to train before the gym battle?" she asked, subtly attempting to draw Seth's attention away from the fact that she was cutting up the small bites of food into smaller bits before taking another and chewing it equally as the first piece. After a while, she had eaten about a third of the omelette but it had seemed as though she had eaten more due to how much she had cut it up and how she had kept playing with it in between bites - in fact her fork was never away from the food much, and her fork had disappeared into her mouth a lot of times. Seth probably wouldn't have realised what Rebecca was doing, but as she set her knife and fork down on the remaining food, excusing herself that she was full, she felt the panic abate. As long as she was sensible like this her weight wouldn't spiral out of control.

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    He didn't have the heart to tell her it was meant for later, but if she was hungry right then and could eat it was her choice. She seemed to really enjoy it; taking so many bites. Most of last night's dinner went ignored in his memories, but maybe she cut hers up just like now. "If you don't finish it we can always save it for later, too," Sethos said as he took a seat across from Rebecca. He had to make sure his own didn't burn, but he could sit for a second and talk. "Though, I think I'll join you when mine's done. Might as well." Looking over, the omelet was getting there. It was probably ready then, but he liked it on a little bit longer than normal. His grandparents always told him he had eccentric tastes. One kinda had to be to be an herbalist nowadays.

"It kind of reminded me of home; cooking here," the boy said with a small laugh as he thought about the whole escapade. In retrospect it was probably rude to do it, as he initially turned down any invitation to have something, but it was second nature to him. He might have gone a little insane if he didn't do it. "Some spices were missing, but I improvised. I suppose I had to remember not everyone has a collection of plants to work with."

The gym was brought up again. He wanted to keep his mouth shut in the event he made her reject more of her stomach contents, but she seemed a lot more calm. The conversation was approached wearily. "As for training... the path towards Mt. Moon should be good. Maybe some trainers will be around and we can battle them for experience. At the very least there will be wild Pokemon," he said as he looked over at his omelet. It was almost there. "And I'm sure a good couple of hours will be enough. After that we could try and break for lunch if we're hungry, and then the gym awaits."

He was also thinking about his own Pokemon. They'd have to get stronger too if he wanted any hope to beat Brock all over again. He had three, so the minimum number of Pokemon was reached. But who would go first? Second? What would Brock's three Pokemon be? He was starting to get uneasy himself. There had to be a good way to start off, but he couldn't think of it. What would no one see coming...

Years
    Dylan saw the Vulpix before it even nudged out Jem's pokeball. He started running, knowing Vulpix wouldn't come for nothing. He saw Sherry on the ground, ankle swollen up. Not even thinking about having a Psychic pokemon that could teleport them to Violet, he picked her up, holding her by her legs and back, her arm wrapped around his shoulders. He wasn't the strongest guy, so he couldn't exactly sprint. He moved towards Violet with a kind of quick stumble, Vulpix and Jem following them. It had taken him about 2 hours to get down to Cherrygrove, and that wasn't carrying someone while already tired out. He saw the edge of town, and couldn't continue. He had to stop and gently set her down. He bent down, putting his head on his arms, breathing heavily. He looked up at Sherry, shaking his head no. The Pokemon Center was within sight, but he couldn't do it anymore. "Uhh Dylan? You know I could've just taked you both there, right?" It was Jem talking to him.

Well... I guess I forgot.. buut could you? That'd be great!

"No problem, but remember, you owe me one!"

Jem stepped inbetween the two trainer's, and grabbed on to each one. This time the teleporting didn't create quite a scene, there were less people though. Vulpix was almost left behind, but Dylan stretched out his leg, touching the fox pokemon. They appeared in the middle of the Pokemon Center, in the same position that they left the Route in.

DarkAngel91

Years
    Shirona was surprised to say the least when Dylan picked her up and started carrying her. She had wrapped her arms around his neck, in case he dropped her. He had to set her down, which she understood. He wasn't as strong as Riley, who could carry her for miles without tiring. She shook her head, after re-appearing in the pokecenter. Nurse Joy looked astonished, but she hurridly got Shirona onto a stretcher. "Oh for Mew's sake, I'm not dying.", she said. "It's standard procedure", Nurse Joy said, getting out an IV needle. Shirona paled. "Uhhhhh, you really don't have to do that. I only hurt my ankle.", she said. Nurse Joy shrugged and walked next to the two Chanseys that carried Shirona into an exam room.
    --------------------------
    Vulpix paced around nervously, rubbing against Dylan every once in a while to calm herself. "You think she's going to be ok? It looked pretty bad", she said.
    ((Time lapse))
    --------------------------
    Shirona hopped out, with crutches. "Oh the humility", she said. She wasn't good at it, so she fell a lot. After a few minutes, she got the hang of it and was as sure and graceful as she had been without them. "Nurse Joy said I can go to Azelea Town. I just have to be really careful", Shirona said.

SelenaStar

Years
    Nodding slowly, Rebecca wrapped up the rest of the omelette carefully in the foil packaging, inwardly filled with relief as the heard the foil rustle as she wrapped it over the food. Without knowing it, Seth had given her the perfect alibi for not eating the entire omelette...at least not in that one sitting...if at all, of course. It would be quite conceivable for said omelette to fall out of her bag at some point during training, or for some ravenous Pokemon to scavenge it from her bag...wild or her own, it was quite a common occurence she suspected. To this end she wrapped up the omelette loosely, leaving one corner completely open so that the smell could escape and waft out to any hungry Pokemon who would be around her whilst training.

"Herbs..." she said as she placed the omelette carefully in her bag atop the other contents, fastening it and leaving it perched on her lap as she looked around with a slight frown. "Mum does normally cook with herbs and spices and things...she has quite a collection from what I can remember. She has a special cupboard for them, although I don't know which one it is. One of the top ones I think. She did research into the various properties of common herbs and spices and integrates the ones with beneficial effects into her cooking...whether it works or not..." she added as a side thought, remembering a somewhat horrendous meal that her Mother had prepared...Rosemary and Cayenne Acai berries...yuck. Anything in the name of health...

Then Seth spoke about training, and Rebecca completely agreed. A few hours should suffice...if she could get Magikarp at least under her control to last a battle or two, with Hoppip and Pikachu who would, she knew, be largely ineffective, she might have a chance.

"Brock's style isn't exactly revolutionary," she threw out there, almost as an additional point although the more she thought about it, the more she knew that she had watched Brock enough to figure out his style completely. "He's too methodical, too logical to pull out anything completely innovative and indefensible...but again, he's smart, he's powerful and he knows that people will know this. His serious exterior doesn't make him so dull that he pulls out all the same moves over and over so he could throw a bizarre wildcard out there in terms of Pokemon choice and perhaps moveset...but his actual battle technique doesn't really vary all too much. He isn't like Blue in Viridian, for example, or Misty in Cerulean. From what I've heard they're both hotheads and they aren't exactly predictable..." she trailed off, feeling somewhat more confident as she thought about Brock from this angle. He'd always been so knowledgable and methodical he didn't have any weaknesses...but of course, in some respects, this was a weakness in itself!

Glancing over to the stove, Rebecca's mouth tilted upwards in half a smile. "Is your food burning, Seth?"

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    "Eh...?" Sethos stammered as he turned his head around and saw his omlette about to burst into flame. It was already covered in a dark brown skin, and closing the gap from that to black. Immediately, he got up with a sudden gasp, almost knocking the chair across the floor, as he turned the stove off and flipped the pan over the second set of foil to drop the omlette on it. And then before the handle burned his hand he placed it back just as fast.

"Whew, that was a rush," the boy sighed with relief as he looked over at his food. Now it was a little beyond the point he wanted it. Looking over at Rebecca for a second, he lifted his own plastic fork and cut into his omlette. Looking down at the shard of food, it seemed bad, but he'd try it anyway. After all, he didn't use his own resources, and it would be rude to throw away food that could be alright just because it was cooked too long. Putting the cut piece of omlette in his mouth, he seemed to analyze its new properties as he ate it. "... Actually, this isn't half bad." Maybe it was less than half, but it had an interesting flavor he wasn't used to. It was more solid after that extra time on the pan. He could stomach it, though it looked bad that he was now wrapping the food for later. On the other hand, Rebecca decided to stop eating.

"He'll be a tough opponent regardless, but starting with an unpredictable move could give me a small advantage in the beginning," Sethos explained, walking over to pick the chair back up, "I mean, I'm sure he's used to seeing just about every type of Pokemon used against him, but there are sure to be some more than others. But I guess I'll find out as I train." Grabbing his wrapped food, he started for the doorway before turning his head to let Rebecca know where he was going. "Might as well get out there as soon as possible; I'll grab my backpack and then we'll be out of here."

SelenaStar

Years
    Smiling broadly, Rebecca burst out in peals of laughter as Seth scrambled to salvage his endangered omelette. He seemed to make it just in time judging by his hasty movements and the charcoal meal he began to eat. Claiming that it was okay, his face didn't appear to back up this statement as he ate the solidified omelette, but Rebecca didn't want to pull him up on it. The whole gesture of cooking for them was lovely, and her omelette was absolutely lovely and Rebecca wasn't going to start sniggering and laughing at him for his own omelette going slightly wrong. "if you can't stomach it, it's okay Seth, you can share mine," she offered with a sincere smile, reaching out and squeezing Seth's hand to express her appreciation before he moved away to leave the room announcing that he would get his bag and they'd be off.

Watching him leave, Rebecca stood up and walked through to the front too
    - her parents called it the lounge but there was nothing relaxing about it, the room looked like a second lab - and picked out a couple of medicines to put in her bag before her gaze caught sight of a single Pokeball sat on the table amongst a load of papers. Moving over to it, she picked up the PokeBall with confusion and looked at a note scribbled in her Mum's handwriting, picking it up and gasping as her eyes skimmed over the writing.

Rebecca, said the note, Your Father and I caught this Pokemon for you yesterday and we meant to give it to you at dinner but we were preoccupied by problems with your Dad's work. He is a Geodude, level 10, with very impressive Defense and Speed stats for a Geodude. This Pokemon will serve you better than that Magikarp you found, please consider returning that fish, your Father and I do not approve of your choosing such a weak Pokemon. Enjoy Geodude.

So promising then so...typical. Although Rebecca knew that she should be absolutely overjoyed that she finally had a Ground pokemon for her very own, this was overshadowed by the sheer nerve of her parents motives in giving Geodude to her. Who were they to argue that her Magikarp was weak?! They knew nothing! Well, she would show them, she thought angrily as she crumpled up the note in her fist seriously considering leaving Geodude there.

Meeting Seth at the door, they left the house and Rebecca locked up, her face drawn and pensive. Ultimately, deciding that Seth could help her decide what to do, she turned to him and held out the Pokeball in her hand having taken Geodude with her.

"Seth...I need your advice..." she said before quietly explaining what her parents had stated in their note with Geodude, watching him carefully to try and gauge the expression to her tale in his face. "...so now I don't know what to do, should I leave him? I want to take him with me...but I don't know, I just think that they'd be buying me if I did..."

Back